The watford fans...

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 06 May 2007 13:49

Those '20 fans' could be heard clearly from the North.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 06 May 2007 13:56

"Can you hear the gay boy sing?" :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 May 2007 14:29

AbovetheI "Can you hear the gay boy sing?" :lol:

That was the kind of thing Reading supporters would come out with if we were bored like our Watford friends were yesterday, pick out someone in the opposing crowd to have a pop at. I think that as a fan base we have an awful lot in common with Watford (and many people would add unfortunately to the end of this sentence).

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 06 May 2007 14:31

I don't know what the bloke expected?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 May 2007 14:44

Daniella
PieEater "We're shit, but we're 1-0 up, ..."

Yes, great encouragement to their players isn't it?
We've sung worse, mostly to Andy Hughes.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 May 2007 15:19

John Madejski's Wallet I thought they were good fun yesterday.

Sung for most of the match and lots of humour

Favourite was "We're going down with a smile" !

But generally thought they were knobs of the highest order. Talk about shit ground no fans. Couldn't even sell 2000 tickets for a local away derby :roll:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 06 May 2007 15:32

"2-0 and we're going down"

found there " lets all have a disco" quite a laugh which constantly happened

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 06 May 2007 15:42

Sums up our own real local rivals when Reading v Watford is considered a local game!

To be fair it almost is!

I think people were put offby the price and the fact we had been playing badly/nothing to play for.

Naturally the most loyal of supporters would have gone whatever but we have a lot of fairweather people as our average gates in the Championship will show.

Harold

Re: The watford fans...

by Harold » 06 May 2007 18:37

Daniella Giving it the big one the whole game and taking the piss out of our support when you cant even sell 2,000 tickets for your last premierleague away game AND its local.
The lads at the back sang throughout so fair play to them but they became nobs when they scored. What cheek giving it the big one when we've actually attempted to play proper football this season and all watford have done is stuck 11 men, the kit man, the fans, the sink, the team bus and an army behind the ball and made a farce out of the game.

Is that the same Watford Reading failed to score against this season?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 May 2007 18:41

Harold
Daniella Giving it the big one the whole game and taking the piss out of our support when you cant even sell 2,000 tickets for your last premierleague away game AND its local.
The lads at the back sang throughout so fair play to them but they became nobs when they scored. What cheek giving it the big one when we've actually attempted to play proper football this season and all watford have done is stuck 11 men, the kit man, the fans, the sink, the team bus and an army behind the ball and made a farce out of the game.

No. I think it's a different one :roll:

Big Dan

by Big Dan » 06 May 2007 18:46

not as good as the reading fans that are moaning about 'coppells lack of ambition' on other threads and also the constant moaning of seol at every match.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 May 2007 20:02

Harold

You still here? Haven't you got a runners-up party to attend?

£500M and a League Cup and Prem runners-up medal. Woopy-dee-doo.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 May 2007 20:09

strap Couldn't even sell 2000 tickets for a local away derby :roll:

And how many fans do you think we'd have taken to Watford if we'd already been relegated??

It certainly wouldnt have been 2000

Daniella

by Daniella » 06 May 2007 20:49

John Madejski's Wallet

And how many fans do you think we'd have taken to Watford if we'd already been relegated??

Our away support is suprisingly good at times, would of sold out IMO.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 May 2007 20:50

Daniella
John Madejski's Wallet

Our away support is suprisingly good at times, would of sold out IMO.

If Watford charged as much as we did then I don't think we would

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 May 2007 20:53

They brought 1400, I suspect we'd have taken a few more, but probably not a lot more.

They have the advantage of having a lot of recent success - their support should be good given they have been a top 6 team in recent memory, cup finals, Europe etc etc.

They were one of the teams who would have ben our role model a decade or so ago but in every department I think we are now well ahead of them,

A thoroughly decent club though, and I hope they are in the running next season.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 06 May 2007 21:12

Behindu They brought 1400, I suspect we'd have taken a few more, but probably not a lot more.

They have the advantage of having a lot of recent success - their support should be good given they have been a top 6 team in recent memory, cup finals, Europe etc etc.

About 20-25 years ago that preiod of 'great' success (for us) was under Graham Taylor.

:shock:

We've been pretty average since with 3 promotions and 3 relegations but nothing really bad....well Mr Vialli deciding to pay players like Ramon Vega 20k a week was I guess!

:oops:

A few decent cup runs as well.

Could be worse I guess and yes you have now gone past us but then Reading must be one of the most progressive sides of the 21st Century and its a credit to the chairman and managers.

I suspect we would have charged about £20 for adults so you may have sold out.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 06 May 2007 21:25

floyd__streete

That was the kind of thing Reading supporters would come out with if we were bored like our Watford friends were yesterday, pick out someone in the opposing crowd to have a pop at. .

"Baldy what's the score?"

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 07 May 2007 01:37

floyd__streete

That was the kind of thing Reading supporters would come out with if we were bored like our Watford friends were yesterday, pick out someone in the opposing crowd to have a pop at. I think that as a fan base we have an awful lot in common with Watford (and many people would add unfortunately to the end of this sentence).

They just went on and on and it really was annoying come the end. Doesn't help when the plonkers in the y26 area (the chav army as i like to call them) are to busy trying to outsmart them insted of getting behind the team when we're clearly struggling.

Harold

by Harold » 07 May 2007 15:50

strap
Harold

You still here? Haven't you got a runners-up party to attend?

£500M and a League Cup and Prem runners-up medal. Woopy-dee-doo.

That £500 million doesn't count towards the last two Prem titles :lol: