Y26 you are a disgrace.

200 posts
glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 May 2007 13:29

Is Y26 scheduled for demolition when the ground expansion takes place?

John Peel

by John Peel » 07 May 2007 13:35

I agree with Davis69. I sit in the Y25/Y26 area, and yes there are a few oxf*rd who sit near me as I'm sure there are all over the stadium, but these are the people who have helped create some of the great atmospheres this season e.g. Mau U at home. I'm not saying they're the only ones (North Stand corner is fantastic for singing too) but they definitely play their part.

And if someone chooses to leave earlier that's their choice surely. I can guarantee you the people who sit around me are the same ones who were there when we were beaten 6-0 at home to Rovers or when we witnessed consecutive 3-0 losses against Palace and Wimbledon. To call them plastics is ridiculous. Get over it.

Anyway, let's just look forward to next season. With the opposition likely to go down and the ones coming up, it's going to be a tough one. The team's going to need all our support.
Last edited by John Peel on 07 May 2007 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 May 2007 13:37

John Peel I agree with Davis69. I sit in Y26, and yes there are a few oxf*rd who sit near me as I'm sure there are all over the stadium, but these are the people who have helped create some of the great atmospheres this season e.g. Mau U at home. I'm not saying they're the only ones (North Stand corner is fantastic for singing too) but they definitely play their part.

And if someone chooses to leave earlier that's their choice surely. I can guarantee you the people who sit around me in Y26 are the same ones who were there when we were beaten 6-0 at home to Rovers or when we witnessed consecutive 3-0 losses against Palace and Wimbledon. To call them plastics is ridiculous. Get over it.

Anyway, let's just look forward to next season. With the opposition likely to go down and the ones coming up, it's going to be a tough one. The team's going to need all our support.

'The team's going to need all our support.'? Like walking out when Watford scored the second?!

John Peel

by John Peel » 07 May 2007 13:42

Fair point, but I don't think you'd see people leaving early if the situation was more desperate i.e. in a fight to avoid relegation. Like I said before, I often get pissed off with some of the people sat around me but you can't label the whole of Y25/26 for being oxf*rd.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 May 2007 13:57

John Peel I agree with Davis69. I sit in the Y25/Y26 area, and yes there are a few oxf*rd who sit near me as I'm sure there are all over the stadium, but these are the people who have helped create some of the great atmospheres this season e.g. Mau U at home. I'm not saying they're the only ones (North Stand corner is fantastic for singing too) but they definitely play their part.

And if someone chooses to leave earlier that's their choice surely. I can guarantee you the people who sit around me are the same ones who were there when we were beaten 6-0 at home to Rovers or when we witnessed consecutive 3-0 losses against Palace and Wimbledon. To call them plastics is ridiculous. Get over it.

The championship has been the most open and exciting of all the leagues this season but it is my honest belief that each one of the eventual promoted teams will have to work hard to stay in the Premiership.

That is one very good reason that we should be very happy with our position this season, giving us hope that we shall be able to consolidate.

The gap in finance and ability, is increasing between Premiership and Championship.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 07 May 2007 13:59

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 07 May 2007 16:29

I sit in Y26, row D, so saw all of what happened. The over reaction on here is pretty much identical to the over reaction at the game.

I saw one or two punches being thrown, too many stewards steam in, and one guy in black fall through a few rows of seats. That's it. Hardly anything to get too worked up about, just a bit of handbags.

I don't know what started it and I don't really care, it really was just 2 blokes being idiots, which happens in every walk of life.

Going by Zac's logic, I'm assuming that if 2 blokes have a fight in a pub that makes the whole pub a disgrace? Ridiculous.

On another related note, there are a few knobs around Y25/6 of course. To be honest, for 90 mins when the football is on, I probably get a bit too lary myself. However, without the fans in this section of the ground, the atmosphere would dead (probably just consisting of BOOM BOOM blue army) . They are essential to the stadium. Therefore to label some of the most loyal and vocal fans a disgrace for one fight / a few people leaving is just so wide of the mark it is untrue.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 07 May 2007 16:47

If there was any logic involved in the choice of the title of this thread it wouldn't be called what it is.

The thread was created out of frustration nothing more.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 May 2007 16:50

i stayed for the lap of honour and my bus left without me, bstards
cant believe anyone left early after the season theyve given us

No.13 u r a disgrace

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 07 May 2007 21:38

zac naloen If there was any logic involved in the choice of the title of this thread it wouldn't be called what it is.

The thread was created out of frustration nothing more.

The thread title is retarded - just like anyone that actually believes such a sweeping statement.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 07 May 2007 21:39

For christs sake, what happens when the new tier opens up above Y26 and there will be another 10,000 plastics on top of us? The amount of mouth foaming would be able to cure the droughts in Ethiopia.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 May 2007 21:48

willz_royal
Irvinchangeyaname
rob the royal to have a lap of honour just seemed out of place to me, so i didn't stick around for that.

The lap of honour was not about the result against Watford, it was about the whole season. I don't believe that those not sticking around are automatically plastics, but I do wish a few more had taken a few minutes away from their normal routine to show their appreciation for the players efforts over the course of it.

well done that man

not starting a plastic argument, but a good 90% of the people that stayed wouldve been there when we were in div 2

just saying

LOL.

What a load of Ballacks!

I was there in Division 2 and I will be there at Blackburn on Sunday, however I didn't stay for the lap of honour as I wanted to get home after such a shit result. I will give the team my full applause on Sunday though win, lose or draw.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 07 May 2007 21:56

Charlton fans stayed on, why couldn't ours? :roll:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 07 May 2007 22:00

AbovetheI For christs sake, what happens when the new tier opens up above Y26 and there will be another 10,000 plastics on top of us? The amount of mouth foaming would be able to cure the droughts in Ethiopia.

YUK!!!!! What a horrible image!!

(Not a Y26 resident as it happens BTW)

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 07 May 2007 22:00

Can i just clarify something - the fight started after the bloke walking down the stairs KICKED ( (c) The sun) the guy sitting down in the head. he did this presumably because he moaned about people leaving early. Or perhaps because they shouted fcuk off reading.

Whether he has a right to moan or not about people leaving early, he didn't deserve a size 10 in the face. The guy who fell across the seat trying to get away from the steward was because as the guy who threw the kick ran off, he took a, pretty accurate, swing at him.

I couldn't give a toss about anyone who chooses to leave early, but if my view was restricted because they did, maybe i'd have a different view.

Harold

by Harold » 07 May 2007 22:04

Reading fans moaning at each other shocker!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 May 2007 22:14

Harold Reading fans moaning at each other shocker!

Makes a nice change doesn't it :roll:

Reading fans are generally total twats. Especially since we became successful. I find at other places I've been to this season, MK Dons and Aston Villa to name a few, the fans had a real togetherness about them. Everyone got on and engaged in conversation with eachother, which also contributed alot to the atmosphere inside the ground.

At Reading there is so much snobbery (sp?) between the fans it is unreal! When ever I meet a Reading fan I find it sad that after they have told me who they support they feel it nessesary to say when their first match was in fear of being labelled a 'plastic'. It doesn't matter to me when you started supporting the club, what matters is you're a Reading fan now.

I will label them 'plastics' in 10 years time if we've fallen throught the leagues and our new fans have all fcuked off :wink:

I don't know why we can't just accept the fact that we're all Reading fans and get along.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 07 May 2007 22:52

CheLOLsea fan trying to turn the attention from his club's disastrous week shocker!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 08 May 2007 00:01

Farnborough Royal

Makes a nice change doesn't it :roll:

Reading fans are generally total twats. Especially since we became successful. I find at other places I've been to this season, MK Dons and Aston Villa to name a few, the fans had a real togetherness about them. Everyone got on and engaged in conversation with eachother, which also contributed alot to the atmosphere inside the ground.

At Reading there is so much snobbery (sp?) between the fans it is unreal! When ever I meet a Reading fan I find it sad that after they have told me who they support they feel it nessesary to say when their first match was in fear of being labelled a 'plastic'. It doesn't matter to me when you started supporting the club, what matters is you're a Reading fan now.

I will label them 'plastics' in 10 years time if we've fallen throught the leagues and our new fans have all fcuked off :wink:

I don't know why we can't just accept the fact that we're all Reading fans and get along.

Post of the year.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 08 May 2007 00:28

It is true, the diversity of Reading's support means that there is little togetherness, and too much inter-fan conflict.

Too much in-fighting.

200 posts