What's there to celebrate?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 May 2007 21:32

Why are so many otherwise intelligent posters (and Jay) all so intent on parading their naiveté so as to make even Sharpy look discerning?

All hail the craft of the master fisherman I suppose. HaroLOLd , take note - this is how it is done. Hats off, Sam.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 13 May 2007 21:39

you love me platy, always get a mention in your posts :wink:

FWIW..he's entitled to his opinion even though blatently fishing

biscuitsrus

Re: What's there to celebrate?

by biscuitsrus » 13 May 2007 21:42

Seol Man Right now all I can see is the one point gap and ten point superior goal difference between us and Bolton. Coppell has played fast and loose with team selection on too many occasions. Could have been Reading's one chance for European football and he threw it away. Let's see how many people are calling him a hero when we follow Sheffield United and Watford back down to the Championship.

W-A-N-K-E-R

FCUK OFF ARSEHOLE

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 13 May 2007 21:48

I'm celebrating - and how!

My beloved team has finished EIGHTH best, yes EIGHTH best team in the whole of England.

And it has done it with the work ethic and team spirit that can be admired and respected by those below.

URZZZZZ!

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 13 May 2007 22:17

glass half full I'm celebrating - and how!

My beloved team has finished EIGHTH best, yes EIGHTH best team in the whole of England.

And it has done it with the work ethic and team spirit that can be admired and respected by those below.

URZZZZZ!

... and by those finishing higher - it shows that it is not just about who has the most money.

The best season ever

fool

by fool » 13 May 2007 22:27

Seol Man Right now all I can see is the one point gap and ten point superior goal difference between us and Bolton. Coppell has played fast and loose with team selection on too many occasions. Could have been Reading's one chance for European football and he threw it away. Let's see how many people are calling him a hero when we follow Sheffield United and Watford back down to the Championship.

I do believe you are the fool with this comment, or is it tool. Either will do!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 13 May 2007 22:37

Berthwaite

URZZZZZ!

... and by those finishing higher - it shows that it is not just about who has the most money.

The best season ever

Nail hit well and truely on the head.

One telling stat from today that I heard on Radio 5 on the way back - this season is Portsmouth's highest ever finish in the top league and we still finished above them 8).

I fcuking love this club!!!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 13 May 2007 22:38

URZZZZZ!

I believe this was the type of reply Platypuss was hoping for. :wink:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 May 2007 22:44

Showed my missus how to celebrate when that third goal went in.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 13 May 2007 22:45

paultheroyal Showed my missus how to celebrate when that third goal went in.

So did I. :shock:

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 14 May 2007 00:20

Coppelled Streets
paultheroyal Showed my missus how to celebrate when that third goal went in.

So did I. :shock:

Just shown mine!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 May 2007 21:24

T.R.O.L.I.
Berthwaite The best season ever

Nail hit well and truely on the head.

One telling stat from today that I heard on Radio 5 on the way back - this season is Portsmouth's highest ever finish in the top league and we still finished above them 8).

Booooooooooooo!!!!!! to Premiership-only records.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 14 May 2007 21:33

Plastic tw*oxford*at :roll:

WSRL

Lucky Libran

by Lucky Libran » 14 May 2007 21:56

Platypuss Who's the idiot, the troll or the person who responds?

Or the moderator who leaves the troll's post there?

Seol Man

by Seol Man » 14 May 2007 22:08

Blimey, when did it become a crime to post an opinion on Hob Nob? :?

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I just happen to think we could live to regret not making the extra effort required to qualify for Europe. How great would it have been to see little old Reading in the UEFA cup? If, as is more likely than not, we get relegated next season, the 2006/7 will have to go down as a missed opportunity.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 14 May 2007 22:22

Seol Man Blimey, when did it become a crime to post an opinion on Hob Nob? :?

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I just happen to think we could live to regret not making the extra effort required to qualify for Europe. How great would it have been to see little old Reading in the UEFA cup? If, as is more likely than not, we get relegated next season, the 2006/7 will have to go down as a missed opportunity.

A lot of childish obscenities thrown at you, but in a way I see what you mean.

A few too many variables to say we'll regret not trying for europe this season (a long with a god-like manager). IF we don't make it though, we'll live to regret this season. It's not yet a missed opportunity, but a look into the future.

Lets wait and enjoy the brilliance of this current team of where such a cheap and down to earth group will finish in the seasons to come.

(P.S Coppell is building the team for the future. Do you believe we would have a better chance to continue this progress if we were in Europe, or if we stuck to the premiership for another season? - you also seem to have a pessimistic view about next season, cheer up, we've got Coppell, Gunnarsson and Doyle)

gn1982

by gn1982 » 14 May 2007 22:26

Seol Man Blimey, when did it become a crime to post an opinion on Hob Nob? :?

I would have loved to go to europe with the reading boyz as it would it would have been a great experience, but as coppell says "we'll take what we get" (or something to that effect).

If anyone's interested we could go and support cork in europe and see our future first team in action? Dolan's Barmy Army - not sure which one though...!!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 May 2007 22:28

Trolls don't get involved in discussion, and never ever answer direct questions. Don't waste your time asking them rfc4lab.

Cue another few pages I suppose. :roll:
Last edited by Royal Rother on 14 May 2007 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 May 2007 22:29

URZZZZZ!

oxf*rd ME!!!! That is some stat that many on here would do well to remember!!!!

Who would ever thought THAT would happen in out lifetime! Of course, this couldbe the best it ever gets, EVER! So tink on people, and enjoy this summer. Because for every Reading there's a Bradford City, Oldham, Oxford (Ha!), Swindon (Ha Ha!) etc.

I'm oxf*rd loving this season! just oxf*rd LOVING it!

Make the most of it, 'cos it may never happen again!

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 15 May 2007 00:43

This season has been truely emotional but for all the right reasons. Every game has been played with fight, spirit and heart. Never did i expect to be seeing such results as:

Reading 1-1 Man Utd
Reading 3-1 Tottenham
Chelsea 2-2 Reading
Reading 6-0 West Ham
Bolton 1-3 Reading
Reading 1-0 Newcastle
Blackburn 3-3 Reading

and they are just a few of the results. Every weekend i find myslef deliberating with my flat mate - who is a blackburn fan - about the weekends antics and many times I have to explain we do not have a partcularly weakend side when a few "key" players are dropped.

I love everything Reading Football Club is about and everything it stands for, the players, managment and fans make it an emense atmosphere both home and away.

I am truly READING TILL I DIE and we will only get stronger whilst under the management of Sir Steve Coppell a true legend who deserves every ounce of praise he recieves and I can say we have proved our worth in the top flight.

If you believe there is nothing to celebrate you need to look a little closer with your eyes open because for me there is plenty...