Next season's crowds

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 17:27

Behindu
Daniella Were those watford fans who sang it at the madstad keyboard warriors then?
:

Indeed, all had laptops tapping into the Mad Stad wireless network...

Nothing you contribute on here suggests you ever actually go to games - a Soccer AM child if ever there was one !

The fact I've had a season ticket for the last 9 years doesn't count then?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 29 May 2007 17:38

Daniella
Behindu
Daniella Were those watford fans who sang it at the madstad keyboard warriors then?
:

Nothing you contribute on here suggests you ever actually go to games - a Soccer AM child if ever there was one !

Well, of course you typing that is absolute conclusive proof !

8 years ago you were one of those despised 'plastics' then...

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 17:40

Behindu
Daniella
Behindu
:

Well, of course you typing that is absolute conclusive proof !

8 years ago you were one of those despised 'plastics' then...

I couldn't care less whether you beleive me or not. We didn't have plastics 8 years ago as there was no bandwagon to jump on. More proof you have got no idea what you're even debating about.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 29 May 2007 17:49

Daniella I couldn't care less whether you beleive me or not. We didn't have plastics 8 years ago as there was no bandwagon to jump on. More proof you have got no idea what you're even debating about.

Just have to laugh at your naivity !

Looks to me like you bought your ST when we moved to the Mad Stad, where 24,000 turned up for the first game.

It was great to see twice as many at a Reading game as we had seen for decades but it's amusing to hear from you that all those around 9 years ago in that 24k crowd were more 'hard core' than the 24k who come to games now.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 May 2007 18:05

I thought the opening crowd was 17k

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 May 2007 18:06

The 17 Bus I thought the opening crowd was 17k

Only for tax purposes....

The ground was full - but "one of the turnstile counters wsn't working".

bassavage

by bassavage » 29 May 2007 18:06

18,108 to be exact.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 29 May 2007 18:32

Daniella Not sure how I feel about readings support. All season everyone says having the most plastics in the country doesn't mean anything and we should all be thankful they are turning up and paying the money. Then those same fans were moaning when all the plastics left before the lap of honour leaving us with about 5,000 fans who probably were season ticket holders in division 2. The fans that really cared stayed. No doubt there will be sob stories about missing the bus and how bad the car park is, but that was piss poor.
That showed our support up for what it was, big numbers but crap fans who really have no idea how far we have come. They didn't support us when we were playing the likes of northampton, wycombe and blackpool every week so they will never understand how much it means now. I'll be ridicluled for this post because its me posting it, but I think deep down a lot are ashamed of the fanbase we have and its putting a lot of fans off who have supported us over the years from going. In response to that, people will then claim " they should ignore that if they are true fans" without really understand how cringeworthy it is walking around the ground seeing the fans we have these days and hearing the comments they make. I'll be renewing mine as ever for the record.

We won't have a problem selling out every week in the prem, im confident of that. Even if the guy who stood next to you for years in division two isn't there anymore.

That guy who used to stand next to you for years got bored of you and is now sitting next to me :wink:

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 18:59

Behindu
Daniella I couldn't care less whether you beleive me or not. We didn't have plastics 8 years ago as there was no bandwagon to jump on. More proof you have got no idea what you're even debating about.

Looks to me like you bought your ST when we moved to the Mad Stad, where 24,000 turned up for the first game.

It was great to see twice as many at a Reading game as we had seen for decades but it's amusing to hear from you that all those around 9 years ago in that 24k crowd were more 'hard core' than the 24k who come to games now.

Nope I was there at elm park, wrong again.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 May 2007 19:00

Daniella
Behindu

Don't rise to the bait - it just isn't worth it.

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 19:06

Agree mate.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 29 May 2007 22:36

There will be some who've had their fill of Premiership football and won't be renewing.

I will not be one of those.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 29 May 2007 22:48

West Stand Man
Daniella
Behindu

Don't rise to the bait - it just isn't worth it.

PMSL. Oh the irony.

What a load of old tosh this plastic/hardened fan debate is. Finerain's arse hadn't even seen its first nappy when I started supporting RFC but shockingly I chose not to stay at the end of the last game. As strange as it may seem I exercised my right to make a choice. Support the team in whatever way you see fit and give not a shit for the opinions of others.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2007 22:51

Daniella Not sure how I feel about readings support. All season everyone says having the most plastics in the country doesn't mean anything and we should all be thankful they are turning up and paying the money. Then those same fans were moaning when all the plastics left before the lap of honour leaving us with about 5,000 fans who probably were season ticket holders in division 2. The fans that really cared stayed. No doubt there will be sob stories about missing the bus and how bad the car park is, but that was piss poor.
That showed our support up for what it was, big numbers but crap fans who really have no idea how far we have come. They didn't support us when we were playing the likes of northampton, wycombe and blackpool every week so they will never understand how much it means now. I'll be ridicluled for this post because its me posting it, but I think deep down a lot are ashamed of the fanbase we have and its putting a lot of fans off who have supported us over the years from going. In response to that, people will then claim " they should ignore that if they are true fans" without really understand how cringeworthy it is walking around the ground seeing the fans we have these days and hearing the comments they make. I'll be renewing mine as ever for the record.

We won't have a problem selling out every week in the prem, im confident of that. Even if the guy who stood next to you for years in division two isn't there anymore.

United have about 100,000 more plastics than we do, Chelsea arn't far behind with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool chasing hard. We have nowhere near as many plastics as half the teams in the prem.

And why care anyway. The atmosphere has been good and we've been getting new fans through the gate who may turn out to be die hard loyal royals to then end of their days.

Oh and as a fan who's been around for a while and so can't be termed as plastic according to your rules. I've been priced out of the market and can't get to nearly as many games as I'd like. So if I'm not complaining and calling people plastics then what right have you got.

now oxf*rd off.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 29 May 2007 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 22:57

Thats fine shades. If you couldn't be arsed to give the team a clap off despite the best season you've ever seen, you obviously havn't learnt much from that head start you had on me. But you're right, its your decision and if you don't care what anyone else thinks fair play.

In response to Ian, a lot of that is correct. The fact a lot may turn out to be die hard fans is of course the hope and the bonus.

The 5 teams you quoted have traditionally had the biggest support in england, and if you look at the top 5 all time attendances I think they finish pretty similar to the order you have listed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2007 23:00

Daniella Thats fine shades. If you couldn't be arsed to give the team a clap off despite the best season you've ever seen, you obviously havn't learnt much from that head start you had on me. But you're right, its your decision and if you don't care what anyone else thinks fair play.

In response to Ian, a lot of that is correct. The fact a lot may turn out to be die hard fans is of course the hope and the bonus.

The 5 times you quoted have traditionally had the biggest support in england, and if you look at the top 5 all time attendances I think they finish pretty similar to the order you have listed.

As pretty much everything else you've written on this thread, it sounds intelligent, but all it really is, is hot air blowing around randomly. You're on the wind up and you've hooked a few. I've just climbed out of the pond to have a chat about how wrong you are, and now 've said my piece I'm going back in. Toodle pip.

Daniella

by Daniella » 29 May 2007 23:08

Ian, Not on the wind-up at all. I have tried to word it in the least offensive way possible, and I think anyone whose seen my track record of posts will know this is far more diplomatic.

Whether im "wrong" or not isn't for you to judge, or give the final verdict. You can have your opinion on it but thats all it is. Its my honest opinion that I preferred going away to northampton and tranmere with fans I knew loved the club. These days its impossible to tell who the real fans are, the one's that I could share stories with about away days, thats the sad thing. I don't doubt that a few will stay and every club needs new fans, but the increase we have had has been astounding.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 May 2007 02:43

M Brook
Lieutenant Pigeon I'd love Derby 1st game of the season - I can see the programme notes now,.... "You can tell you're back in the Premiership when you get Reading......"

:lol:

C.

Would be their Cup Final! Shame Ravanelli won't be playing.

It would be nice to be 3-0 up and sing
where's your Fabrizio
you've got fuckallio

by 1960 » 30 May 2007 12:55

Compo's Hat It would be nice to be 3-0 up and sing
where's your Fabrizio
you've got fuckallio

...except for two League Championships and one FA Cup.

by 1960 » 30 May 2007 13:00

But to go back to the plastics/leaving aerly business:
I can't get to every game so I get a ticket in the Plastic stand (known officially as the South stand) as and when.
I also left the Watford game before the lap of honour. I don't really know why - mostly the appalling display on the day. I've felt guilty ever since, but guilt doesn't mean I'm not a plastic.
Oh, did I mention that I've been supporting Reading since 1960?