29/5/95

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 May 2007 17:33

Ian Royal [

Where does it say you have to be a supporter of one of the teams to watch a match. Get a life.

Its an un-written rule. Get a life.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Roar to Wembley, silence to Jason

by Archie's penalty » 30 May 2007 18:09

hiro Knowing thousands people walking to Wembley, that heat touched many other resident of Reading - include myself.
I was watching the game in the Turks Head on London Road.
I felt Jason McAteer did seem so dangerous to us, and he made a difference through to the end.
Some months later, McAteer poped into the shop I worked at that time by chance, I did not reply to what he said at all, and only I and him in the shop, he had no choice but to leave.
I should act like gentleman in this country, but I did not do so then. Apology to Jason now, you were just too good in that match.

Great post Hiro - McAteer tore us apart in that game - whoever bought him after that played him in the wrong position. Liverpool and Blackburn played him in defence - his best position was barn-storming midfielder as we all saw that day...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 30 May 2007 18:32

SpaceCruiser
Daniella When I say plastics, its aimed at the people who want to see prem football only. No interest in the club, just like to see good players on the pitch and enjoy the big games like manchester united and chelsea.
They are not reading fans and never will be, they simply enjoy the occasion like they would a trip to the theatre.

The term for those sort of people used to be "fairweather fans"......

They are probably what the club refer to as 'customers'.

I'd stll rather they were sat in the seats than the seats were empty.

I've been to loads of games at grounds where I'm not a fan of either team. I've been to see new grounds, to enjoy 'the occasion' or becasue someone invited me along. if I offended someone by being there then tough.

I doubt there is a ground inthe country where 100% of those at a game are dyed in the wool, life time fans. I don;t see why someone who pops along for a day out shouldn;t be allowed to do so. To think we (or any other club) is going to pack the ground with those who will top themselves if the team loses is just unrealistic.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2007 18:52

Daniella
Ian Royal [

Where does it say you have to be a supporter of one of the teams to watch a match. Get a life.

It's a load of bollocks spouted by idiots like you.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 May 2007 18:59

Ian Royal
Daniella
Ian Royal [

You can't even make a point without trying to be offensive. Shows your argument has no foundation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2007 19:17

Daniella
Ian Royal
Daniella
Ian Royal [

You can't even make a point without trying to be offensive. Shows your argument has no foundation.

I've made my point quite clearly without being offensive. I'm bored of that now so I'm enjoying being rude to you. You stupid oxf*rd bucket.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 May 2007 19:51

Note where I said "trying", this also implies you've failed miserably.

I've seen better use of language from a playschool child.

Still, we know your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on so we'll result to a slanging match. Fulham were laughed at for having a neutral section to their ground, and rightly so, its cringeworthy.

No one wants neutral spectator's at matches, they want home fans and away fans, thats how it should be. Not randoms who come along to see a spiffing game of football with a picnic basket buying one programme per head to remember the occasion.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 30 May 2007 20:19

The problem Fulham has is, that if they only have places for home and away fans, Craven Cottage would have empty seats.
Not good when your trying to get revenue into the club.

You never know when we increase the size of the ground Mr Mad may do something similar!
Not perfect, but if it helps keep the club afloat, so be it.

For what its worth I first started watching the Royals /Biscuitmen when I was 13/14.
I caught/bunked the train to Reading from Bracknell, nicked a few toilet rolls from the train toilet en-route, walked to the ground from the town centre.
I stood in the town end, threw said bog rolls on to the pitch and if affluent paid the 10p or 50p (whatever it was) to upgrade to the South bank and a roof.

I did not make every game then but never considered myself "plastic"

By the way I also left before the "Lap of honour" vs Watford. I was in no hurry to get away, just totally oxf*rd off with the final game. However I gave them a rapturous send off at Blackburn.

Oh and I got totally wasted at the Bolton game and as a result it is a fuzzy sort of memory which is easily forgotten
(Unfortunately not by my Aldershot supporting mate)

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 12:15

being plastic has nothing to do with loyalty or passion .
It's about the way the supporter has changed .
you can go to every match and still be platic if you take rumble sticks and a foam pointy hand .
thats why we are known as plastic to other teams .
no 13? kingsly the lion? music after goals? a sea of replica shirts?
all plastic .

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 May 2007 12:22

boycey being plastic has nothing to do with loyalty or passion .
you can go to every match and still be platic if you take rumble sticks and a foam pointy hand .
all plastic .

i love being part of the no.13

i love kingsley the lion-some of my funniest memories are of the kingster, music after goals is ok, dont sing along myself, but i dont hate people who do.
and my replica premiere league away shirt with the prem arm badges is my most prized possession......
i must be plastic then

oh well, oxf*rd it

"im plastic, i dont care, im plastic, i dont care
i know i am im sure i am, im plastic i dont care"

& if we're plastic......
what material are the likes of man u and arsenal made out of?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2007 12:22

all plastic .

If music after goals and replica shirts make up the plastics, then the 45,000 geordies I sat with in December might have a thing or two to add.

Daniella

by Daniella » 31 May 2007 12:31

Franchise FC
all plastic .

If music after goals and replica shirts make up the plastics, then the 45,000 geordies I sat with in December might have a thing or two to add.

Newcastle praised our support when we played them but said we fell into the trap of having a mascot and music after goals. I'd be very suprised if they played music when they scored up there.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2007 12:33

Daniella
Franchise FC
all plastic .

Newcastle praised our support when we played them but said we fell into the trap of having a mascot and music after goals. I'd be very suprised if they played music when they scored up there.

Categorically, they had music after the goals, and waved scarves in a lunatic lassoo type of way that is way more naff than having a mascot that can get sent off !!

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 12:34

not saying being plastic is right or wrong .
but thats why we are and always will be viewed as a plastic club by other supporters.

clubs with tradition wouldn't dream of doing any of the things I mentioned above .

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2007 12:39

boycey not saying being plastic is right or wrong .
but thats why we are and always will be viewed as a plastic club by other supporters.

clubs with tradition wouldn't dream of doing any of the things I mentioned above .

I'm a little confused - how do traditions start, or are they just .... there.

As for clubs with tradition wouldn't do it :

Preston do it
Blackpool do it
Wolves do it

I presume we're not suggesting that these clubs have no tradition.

And remember, Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. :)

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 12:43

clubs like -
tottenham
man u
liverpool
west ham
everton

would never do it .

this sort of thing is something from the lower leagues where its needed to create some sort of atmosphere .

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 May 2007 12:59

boycey clubs like -
tottenham
man u
liverpool
west ham
everton

would never do it .

this sort of thing is something from the lower leagues where its needed to create some sort of atmosphere .

Whats the difference between playing specifically prepared music after a goal to "create some sort of atmosphere" as you put it, or playing specifically prepared music directly before kick off in order to create some sort of atmosphere?

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 13:03

if you dont know the difference between "you'll never walk alone" and "Tom Hark" then I cant help you .

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 May 2007 13:09

boycey if you dont know the difference between "you'll never walk alone" and "Tom Hark" then I cant help you .

Answer the question, i'm curious.

You list a number of clubs that you say don't need music to create atmosphere yet clearly some of those clubs don't agree as they insist on playing before every game.

Whats the difference between that and playing them after goals.? It's a means to the same end surely?

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 13:11

sorry , but you cant even compare songs like you'll never walk alone to Tom Hark....