New home kit 2008/09

Would you like to see a return of the white shorts and white socks?

Yes
56%
No
34%
Don't care, it's the legs I look at!
9%

Total votes: 64
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

New home kit 2008/09

by Coppelled Streets » 10 Jun 2007 23:42

Ok, so it's some 12 months until it is reveiled to us, but I'm interested in finding out who would prefer to see the return of the white shorts and white socks?
I like the current home kit, but have to admit I do prefer the white shorts and socks.
And on that note, I'm rather jeolus of QPR's new home kit.

cheeryoleary

Re: New home kit 2008/09

by cheeryoleary » 11 Jun 2007 08:16

Only dummies support QPR

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 11 Jun 2007 10:33

I'd also like to see us ditch Puma and go with a better quality brand - ie Adidas / Umbro / Nike. Anyone know how long we're tied to Puma for?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 11 Jun 2007 10:37

LumpWarden I'd also like to see us ditch Puma and go with a better quality brand - ie Adidas / Umbro / Nike. Anyone know how long we're tied to Puma for?

I think this season will be the 3rd.

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 11 Jun 2007 10:46

LoyalRoyal22
LumpWarden I'd also like to see us ditch Puma and go with a better quality brand - ie Adidas / Umbro / Nike. Anyone know how long we're tied to Puma for?

I think this season will be the 3rd.

Third of how many though?

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 11 Jun 2007 10:50

Perhaps STAR should mention this to the club BEFORE the kit is designed, rather than say nothing and then see everyone kick off over another home shirt that doesn't have the traditional white shorts and socks / looks crap.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2007 10:56

ScottishRoyal Perhaps STAR should mention this to the club BEFORE the kit is designed, rather than say nothing and then see everyone kick off over another home shirt that doesn't have the traditional white shorts and socks / looks crap.

Everyone?

A lot of people quite like the current kit. And for every person who doesn't like a certain kit they'll be people who do.

Thin Cat

by Thin Cat » 11 Jun 2007 11:08

Shorts don't matter- it's what's inside them that counts!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 11:10

Don't they already wear blue and white socks?

I would add - get rid of the blue back panel or make it smaller so that we can see the hoops go all the way round.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 11 Jun 2007 11:19

Stranded
ScottishRoyal Perhaps STAR should mention this to the club BEFORE the kit is designed, rather than say nothing and then see everyone kick off over another home shirt that doesn't have the traditional white shorts and socks / looks crap.

Everyone?

A lot of people quite like the current kit. And for every person who doesn't like a certain kit they'll be people who do.

OK fair enough not everyone, but there was certainly a large proportion (maybe even the majority) of posters on here who were unhappy with the home kit when it was launched and for a number of reasons.

I just think that seeing as the fans have such an interest in the kit, maybe STAR could offer a fans view of what we would like to see in future.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 11:37

SpaceCruiser Don't they already wear blue and white socks?

I would add - get rid of the blue back panel or make it smaller so that we can see the hoops go all the way round.

They have to have it now. I don't know how many times you have to argue this point. And your "Newcastle don't have one" argument has now been blown away.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 11:39

Rawlie19

They have to have it now. I don't know how many times you have to argue this point. And your "Newcastle don't have one" argument has now been blown away.

Prove it then. Find me a rule that backs it up. Newcastle are now following a trend.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 11:40

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19

Prove it then. Find me a rule that backs it up. Newcastle are now following a trend.

:lol: :roll: :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 11:45

Rawlie19
SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19

Is that because you can't prove it?

I see that the manufacturer of Newcastle kits are Adidas who probably use a template to make most of their kits and don't like stripes and hoops and forced Newcastle to have a back panel. That's just a theory.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 11:52

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19
SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19

I see that the manufacturer of Newcastle kits are Adidas who probably use a template to make most of their kits and don't like stripes and hoops and forced Newcastle to have a back panel. That's just a theory.

It was because you are so predictable. Never wrong space.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 11:54

Rawlie19
SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19
SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19

It was because you are so predictable. Never wrong space.

So you're not going to even try to prove it?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 11:57

You disprove it.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 11:58

Rawlie19 You disprove it.

No, you brought it up in the first place, so you can try to prove it.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 12:02

Nope. I can't be bothered. I'm just going to leave that one hanging there. It was on the club website and even though I think they got it wrong by a couple of seasons I still think it is a rule now. Motty's eyes aren't getting any better.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Jun 2007 12:09

Rawlie19 It was on the club website

I don't recall that. If you look at that thread about kits that ran for a few pages, there was talk about the rules concerning kits. There was nothing specific about back panels - I'm sure you've read it and yet you seem to have ignored it.