New home kit 2008/09

Would you like to see a return of the white shorts and white socks?

Yes
56%
No
34%
Don't care, it's the legs I look at!
9%

Total votes: 64
Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 12:14

It was on the club website back in 05 when we got the panel on the back of the Championship shirt, saying they'd put it there in the event of promotion as they had to have one in the Premiership. Didn't stop them changing the shirt anyway, but it was definitely there.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Jun 2007 13:34

The Championship Winning shirt at least had some hoop action on the back with the lower bit going round and the sides being hooped.

The back panel probably doesn't have to be as big as it is, however it's probably easier to make it all one colour.

I don't knowif player names need to be on a plain background, If so players with long names could be the problem!

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 11 Jun 2007 13:51

Forbury Lion The Championship Winning shirt at least had some hoop action on the back with the lower bit going round and the sides being hooped.

The back panel probably doesn't have to be as big as it is, however it's probably easier to make it all one colour.

I don't knowif player names need to be on a plain background, If so players with long names could be the problem!

Could be interesting if we sign Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink :wink:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 11 Jun 2007 14:01

ScottishRoyal Perhaps STAR should mention this to the club BEFORE the kit is designed, rather than say nothing and then see everyone kick off over another home shirt that doesn't have the traditional white shorts and socks / looks crap.

I quizzed a STAR member who thought they wouldn't be interested, which was nice.

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19 You disprove it.

No, you brought it up in the first place, so you can try to prove it.

Oh.My.God

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jun 2007 16:58

Coppelled Streets
ScottishRoyal Perhaps STAR should mention this to the club BEFORE the kit is designed, rather than say nothing and then see everyone kick off over another home shirt that doesn't have the traditional white shorts and socks / looks crap.

I quizzed a STAR member who thought they wouldn't be interested, which was nice.

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19 You disprove it.

No, you brought it up in the first place, so you can try to prove it.

Oh.My.God

That was the most fun i've had all day.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 11 Jun 2007 19:51

Rawlie19 It was on the club website back in 05 when we got the panel on the back of the Championship shirt, saying they'd put it there in the event of promotion as they had to have one in the Premiership. Didn't stop them changing the shirt anyway, but it was definitely there.

He's right Spacey. Leave it. There is a rule about back panels, but I'm damned if I know where to find it.