Villa at home

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Farnborough Royal

Villa at home

by Farnborough Royal » 02 Jul 2007 18:58

Is a platinum game :?
FFS, why?!

There's no way I'm paying £21 ( :shock: ) to watch that!

Money grabbing kunters :evil:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Jul 2007 21:23

To help ensure that tickets remain in the hands of genuine supporters, the purchase of Premiership tickets on general sale is restricted to Member Card holders only

so why do they quote a price for non member card holders??????

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Villa at home

by TheLawnMowerMan » 02 Jul 2007 23:54

Farnborough Royal There's no way I'm paying £21 ( :shock: ) to watch that!

Plastic cheapskate.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 03 Jul 2007 01:02

TheLawnMowerMan

Plastic cheapskate.

Agreed.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Jul 2007 03:23

AbovetheI
TheLawnMowerMan

Plastic cheapskate.

Agreed.

Thirded.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Jul 2007 08:05

To be fair to the club, it's the almost the same split as last season vis-a-vis the number of games in each category. IIRC, West Ham were a platinum game last season (they're a gold game this season) whereas Villa were a gold game last season (platinum game this season).

So I agree with the others - you're just a plastic cheapskate whingebag. HTH.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jul 2007 08:10

The 17 Bus
To help ensure that tickets remain in the hands of genuine supporters, the purchase of Premiership tickets on general sale is restricted to Member Card holders only

Fair point. Also, what vetting process (other than coughing up a tenner or whatever it is!) do they have for ensuring membership cards only go genuine supporters?!

Maybe a quiz on the history of RFC - that would sort out touts and plastics! :wink:

Sadly money talks and I doubt there is any way (short of vetting purchasers and then putting their photo on the ticket!!) of ensuring that tickets remain in the hands of genuine supporters.

Tart Man
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tart Man » 03 Jul 2007 08:26

The 17 Bus

For the sale of tickets for the away end maybe...?

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 03 Jul 2007 08:36

Its probably because the Villa game last season was one of our highest home attendances

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2007 08:42

Tart Man
The 17 Bus

That is correct. They publish a price for non member tickets in the home end so they can charge the higher price in the away end to any non-members there. For example, Fulham STs and members paid the member price for the away end, all others paid the non-member price.

The fact that there is no non-members in our end is by-the-by.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Jul 2007 08:47

Stranded
Tart Man
The 17 Bus

That is correct. They publish a price for non member tickets in the home end so they can charge the higher price in the away end to any non-members there. For example, Fulham STs and members paid the member price for the away end, all others paid the non-member price.

wHICH i RECALL IS FROWNED UPON BY SUPPORTERS ORGANISATIONS.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Jul 2007 09:14

RoyalBlue Sadly money talks and I doubt there is any way (short of vetting purchasers and then putting their photo on the ticket!!) of ensuring that tickets remain in the hands of genuine supporters.

I'm not sure there is any reason why the sale should be restricted to 'genuine' supporters anyway....

Tickets should be sold to anyone who wants one, subject to the published priority criteria.

It's illegal to sell tickets on at more than face value so touts can be dealt with under those rules.

I'd hate to see it be made even more difficult for 'casual' visitors to get to a game...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2007 09:33

The 17 Bus
Stranded
Tart Man
The 17 Bus

wHICH i RECALL IS FROWNED UPON BY SUPPORTERS ORGANISATIONS.

Is it?

I don't see the problem really. We offer members of the away club the same offer as members of our own. I don't think many other clubs do that that I know of. Certainly recall my Fulham mates being pleasantly surprised that they got cheaper tickets.

As for home ends, we have far more members than we have seats and have sold out each home game as a result (in home ends) so makes sense to only offer them to members. The only people it goes against are those who will only ever go to one or two games in their lives.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Jul 2007 09:38

For most games last season visiting STH got our member prices. And for most games I don;t think away sales went beyond STH. So it's all a bit theoretical, but by publishing a 'non member' price we are at least making a gesture of offering a different price to our members and visiting 'members'.

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 03 Jul 2007 12:42

Behindu
RoyalBlue
It's illegal to sell tickets on at more than face value so touts can be dealt with under those rules.

So how is this kind of thing allowed?
http://www.worldticketshop.com/tickets/reading_tickets/2370_reading-chelsea_reading

Reading-Chelsea 14/08/07 - Seated Tickets Category 2
Competition: Premier League
Start: 19.45
Price: £ 169.15 (€ 245)
Venue: Madejski Stadium, Reading, United Kingdom

Reading-Chelsea 14/08/07 - Seated Tickets Category 1
Price: £ 203.67 (€ 295)

Reading-Chelsea 14/08/07 - Seated Tickets
(Away Section)
Price: £ 217.48 (€ 315)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2007 13:09

If sold as part of a package it's fine, I believe.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Jul 2007 16:04

Stranded If sold as part of a package it's fine, I believe.

Although how they can sell seats in the away area as part of a genuine package I'm not sure...

The obvious answer is that it's not allowed, but it happens and the touts work on getting away with it enough at such stupid margins that any fines make it worthwhile.

How they can be sure they will get tickets I dont know as I donl;t think Chelsea are selling yet and Reading don't use agencies.

It is just as likely to be a con - send your money and never get your ticket... happened lots of times last season.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 04 Jul 2007 17:06

T.R.O.L.I. To be fair to the club, it's the almost the same split as last season vis-a-vis the number of games in each category. IIRC, West Ham were a platinum game last season (they're a gold game this season) whereas Villa were a gold game last season (platinum game this season).

Sorry, but I'm not willing to spend more then I earn in a week doing my paper round on 90 minutes of "entertainment".

R£ading FC

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Jul 2007 22:33

Farnborough Royal
T.R.O.L.I. To be fair to the club, it's the almost the same split as last season vis-a-vis the number of games in each category. IIRC, West Ham were a platinum game last season (they're a gold game this season) whereas Villa were a gold game last season (platinum game this season).

Sorry, but I'm not willing to spend more then I earn in a week doing my paper round on 90 minutes of "entertainment".

R£ading FC

Well get over it, as it's been said many a time before it's all about choices and sacrificises, and if you don't want to justify £X amount of money on the Villa game, then fair enough.

FWIW's, I was slightly surprised to see Villa as a platinum game, but fortunately for me I got a ST so it's irrelevant :wink:

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1