Anyone no how new season ticket sales are going?

174 posts
Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 18 Jul 2007 16:43

Rawlie19
Readingfanman
That Friday Feeling Anyone still buying? Points requirement down to 21 today and only 5 tomorrow (5 is an unused member card isn't it?).

Be interested to know if we've 'sold out'.
I've got 2 people buying tommorow lunchtime.

Readingfanman
That Friday Feeling Anyone still buying? Points requirement down to 21 today and only 5 tomorrow (5 is an unused member card isn't it?).

Be interested to know if we've 'sold out'.
I've got 2 people buying tommorow lunchtime.

Post of the day

Weird. Don't remember it double posting.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 19 Jul 2007 13:24

2 bought in Y19 EE about 40 minutes ago. Definetley tickets left.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Jul 2007 13:35

Woodcote Royal
Schards#2 Given the complete absence of any rush to buy up available season tickets, I wonder if the club will reflect on the decision to extend the stadium.

Given that there's hardly any left, with no sign of them getting to general sale (meaning that very few new fans stand a chance of getting one) I would suggest a typical reflection from the boardroom might go something like this.................

"Bollox! If only he we had a bigger stadium we could make a few quid here!"

5 points, and counting.........

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 19 Jul 2007 13:37

Schards#2
Woodcote Royal
Schards#2 Given the complete absence of any rush to buy up available season tickets, I wonder if the club will reflect on the decision to extend the stadium.

Given that there's hardly any left, with no sign of them getting to general sale (meaning that very few new fans stand a chance of getting one) I would suggest a typical reflection from the boardroom might go something like this.................

"Bollox! If only he we had a bigger stadium we could make a few quid here!"

5 points, and counting.........
They don't actually have a date to go general sale , you have to be a member to be able to get a season ticket , so there is no chance they can go to general sale.

The 5 points barrier is basically general sale , as anybody can get a memeber card and buy a season ticket.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Jul 2007 13:48

At five points, I would suggest the possibility that they won't sell out.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 19 Jul 2007 13:53

Schards#2 At five points, I would suggest the possibility that they won't sell out.
I really can't see them selling out. If they still are managing to sell tickets together , even to people who haven't even been to a match before?

What chance is there of selling out this year really , or next year , or the year after when there's 12000 extra seats.

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 19 Jul 2007 17:24

Neighbour bought two together today - says there are 200 left.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Jul 2007 17:31

So the optimists are impressed that we've sold 16,800 season tickets (or whatever it is !) , and note that for decades that was a higher figure than attended even the biggest games we played in.

And the pessimists are depressed that we've 'failed' to sell out so far and start questioning whether we need a bigger ground.

I'd argue it's a very healthy number of tickets, and more than the STG faction were predicting when tickets went on sale. I don;t think the number sold has any real bearing on whether the stadium should be extended. Extending is not a one season thing, it's about geting the club geared up for the next 10 or 20 years.

Having a handful of 'unsold' ST means we can get more match day sales, allowing those who can;t afford ST or are new to the club to get to games.

It has to be a good thing that we aren;t a 'ST only' club !

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 19 Jul 2007 21:31

Correct, and also the seats available were not really as desirable as those already taken, lots were in the front rows where you will get wet.. Not many good blocks over 2 either, I predict when the ground is extended the higher seats will be a bit dearer, better view than many have now, worth a few pence more IMHO.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Jul 2007 22:07

Schards#2 At five points, I would suggest the possibility that they won't sell out.

And I would suggest there's more chance of hell freezing over, even if it means them having to go to general sale, which I would not have expected.

Given that we were sold out for just about all of last season's league programme, with only members being allowed to purchase tickets, it really does beggar belief that anyone believes we will not sell the few remaining season tickets if they went to general sale at a club that must have one of the biggest, not to mention affluent, catchment areas in the country.

Even more staggering is the fact that such a long standing fan advocates not expanding the stadium when, and regardless of whether the last ST has already been sold, we will have just a few thousand tickets available to non STHs next season and no chance, yet again, for any promotions such as Kid for a Quid.

Is this a case of sheer stupidity or utter selfishness?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2007 08:31

If we've had to lower the points to 5 for people to buy a ST, doesn't it possibly follow that if we expand by 15,000 in a couple of seasons, we actually might not sell many of the new seats though?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2007 09:01

Royal Lady If we've had to lower the points to 5 for people to buy a ST, doesn't it possibly follow that if we expand by 15,000 in a couple of seasons, we actually might not sell many of the new seats though?

Initially most probably not, in 10 years time if we are doing well in the Premiership most probably yes. Expansion is a long term investment.

The same arguments were bandied about when we first moved to a 24,000 seat stadium, we'll never fill it week in, week out - well it's taken 10 years but now we are.

30,000 seats - we will still get sell outs in the Prem and I would happily wager we'd get 26,000+ for less attractive games in the next season or two - if we are still in the top flight.

38,000 seats - will only get that far if we are established and successful at this level, would we sell out every game - no probably not, though in 10 years time who knows - would we regularly get crowds clearly in excess of what we can currently hold - unless prices get even more stupid then yes most definitely.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2007 09:05

That's all supposing that we stay in the top flight of course, as you said.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2007 09:11

Of course, and if we are relegated this season I would expect to see the building work put on hold.

Or if not very reduced prices to tempt people in next season (maybe something similar to Charlton's offer this summer).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2007 09:17

But what if we get a comfortable position this season again but fail to stay up in following seasons??

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2007 09:20

Well that's always a risk. But you can't put off things like this because we may get relegated the next season, if you did that then you'd never do anything.

What would have happened if we'd been relegated to League 2 shortly after we moved to the Madjeski (which looked possible for a while)?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2007 09:23

Personally, if we managed 5 season in the Prem, and I was in charge, I'd think about building the extension then. Sure, there's always risk, but doing it too soon could surely have massive financial implications in the future. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if this extension goes ahead, if only for the fact that the people behind us will be moved!!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jul 2007 09:24

The 17 Bus Correct, and also the seats available were not really as desirable as those already taken, lots were in the front rows where you will get wet.. Not many good blocks over 2 either, I predict when the ground is extended the higher seats will be a bit dearer, better view than many have now, worth a few pence more IMHO.

I have a feeling the "premium" seats will be top half (say level with the upper west) of the current stands - close enough to see who's who but elevated enough for a decent perspective.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jul 2007 09:26

Royal Lady Personally, if we managed 5 season in the Prem, and I was in charge, I'd think about building the extension then. Sure, there's always risk, but doing it too soon could surely have massive financial implications in the future. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if this extension goes ahead, if only for the fact that the people behind us will be moved!!

What if the money was already in place, generated by TV revenue and not spent on things like, for instance, new signings or wages? Would you go for it then?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2007 09:37

Not really no. As without future new signings and matching wages, we wouldn't be staying up anyway! :wink:

174 posts