Anyone no how new season ticket sales are going?

174 posts
Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Jul 2007 09:35

Woodcote Royal
Forbury Lion
coyrls
Woodcote Royal .......

They also say that 2 seats together are "extremely unlikely"

If they don't know who does?
A friend of mine got seats for him and his son, there were not two together so they said they'd move someone along one seat.

I guess that's what they mean by unlikely.

Let's put it this way.

The North, East and West stands contain roughly a total of 19K seats of which less than 200 are still available..........................so, how much scope do you think remains for 2 people to acquire adjacent season tickets for next season?

Has anyone else had their season ticket seat moved by the sales centre to accommodate those who wish to sit together, or is this just another little gem that is as reliable as the points requirement being "waived" despite all the information to the contrary?

Well if you can buy two together in the Lower West last Wednesday, I'd say there is still a decent chance

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Jul 2007 12:53

Dr Hfuhruhurr
Woodcote Royal Still says 5 points required on both the website and the recorded ticket information on the sales centre telephone line as of the time of this post.

That is indeed right. Although the official website quotes 19th July as the final date for 5 points and above, you still need a member card (which comes with 5 free points) to get a ST. Consider it a ten pound fine for anybody who managed to rack up zero points so far in their Reading career!

You know that, I know that, but anyone who has either, never been to a game and/or doesn't support the club will not.

As of this morning, the Sales Centre line STILL says that 5 points are required and the Website ONLY says that on 19th July 5pts or more are required...................it DOES NOT say that NO points are required after that date.

In other words, anyone who knows nothing about this club would assume, as has been the case for all league matches since last summer, that a member card is required to buy a match or season ticket with a mininum 5pt requirement.

No information is given as to how those points might be acquired...................or indeed that anyone can have member card containing 5pts for £10?

Why is that? Fcuk knows, but it means these tickets, as ever, are not on general sale where I'm sure they would have been sold by now.

Perhaps the club are happy to keep these few seats to add to what is a small number that don't belong to STH's, unless they are snapped up by genuine fans like your self who would all have member cards if they had attended matches in recent seasons.

Given that we are sold out just about every week and therefore need a bigger stadium ASAP :roll: I really hope this is the case!
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 23 Jul 2007 13:50, edited 2 times in total.

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 23 Jul 2007 13:23

Woodcote is right. I'd like a season ticket for next season, but I won't risk a trip to Reading only to be told I need 5 points on a member card. Surely, by now, anyone with 5 points who wants an ST has bought one? How hard would it be just to put a message on the website or on the ticket office line to say season tickets still available, or not?

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 23 Jul 2007 20:06

Tickets now sold out. Was told at 5:57pm that there were some avaliable, one directly infront of my current seat, they couldnt do it over phone as I needed to fill in a form for Zebra so they told me to come in tomorrow morning. However, 5 minutes later it comes up as sold out.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 23 Jul 2007 21:09

Bet they still have a few left.
They say sold out to stop too many people turning up the next day and being disappointed.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Jul 2007 08:35

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 56,00.html
All available season tickets for the 2007/8 season have now been sold out.

More than 18,000 seats have now been snapped up by Loyal Royals, the maximum number that the Club is able to sell.

As last season, around 2,500 tickets will be available in the South Stand on a match by match basis.

Tickets for the opening home fixtures against Chelsea and Everton are on sale now, and seats for the meeting with West Ham on 1st September will go on sale on Thursday.

I'm confused. We have more than 18,000 STHs again although, IIRC, 15,500 renewed and 1500 were offered for sale.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2007 08:38

That Friday Feeling http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10306~1077556,00.html
All available season tickets for the 2007/8 season have now been sold out.

More than 18,000 seats have now been snapped up by Loyal Royals, the maximum number that the Club is able to sell.

As last season, around 2,500 tickets will be available in the South Stand on a match by match basis.

Tickets for the opening home fixtures against Chelsea and Everton are on sale now, and seats for the meeting with West Ham on 1st September will go on sale on Thursday.

I'm confused. We have more than 18,000 STHs again although, IIRC, 15,500 renewed and 1500 were offered for sale.

Hospitiality seats etc would make up the majority of the extra 1000 I would guess.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 24 Jul 2007 11:50

TheLawnMowerMan Bet they still have a few left.
They say sold out to stop too many people turning up the next day and being disappointed.
This was the case and following my phone call from last night ticket is now sorted. Very few scattered seats.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Aug 2007 10:45

It's a good job Woodcote's got his finger on the pulse, they never went any where near going on open sale :lol:

So, despite the most succesful season in the club's history and no increase in prices, demand for tickets has fallen.

What's the obvious thing to do? Extend the ground by 8,000 seats of course :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Aug 2007 12:15

:lol:

Capacity 24,122

2006-7 Average League Attendance 23,829

Back in the real World (as the search for regular offenders amongst the "missing 293" continues :roll: ) demand still outstrips supply at the Mad Stad with all Season Tickets sold long before the start of the season and, as has been the case for nearly all of the last season and a half, with no need to go to general sale to exhaust supply.

Meanwhile, brave members of the Reading FC board press ahead, despite all the odds against them, with a cunning plan to provide extra seating for their fans .

And, somewhere in Berkshire, Shards returns to a secluded clinic for more therapy and to await "the call" from Readings faithful (not to mention dwindling :P ) support.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Aug 2007 12:49

In "the real world" season tickets are still available despite having been available to anyone in the world who wanted one for well over a week. ( i'm struggling to understand how this does not equate to "general sale")

This despite the club's most succesful season ever and no increase in the price at which they sold out like hot cakes last season.

Just give it up and admit you got it wrong Woodcote, you said sales wouldn't go near general sale and you were wrong, dry your eyes and just admit it, you'll feel much better.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Aug 2007 13:06

:P

Oh dear

Where are these seats?

Who has been sold one without a member card containing 5pts?

If I "got it wrong" surely this also applies to all the clubs' management who have been involved in the ludicrous decision to expand a stadium that has been busting at the seams with supporters since Christmas 2005 :P

Of course, everyone should really be listening to the font of all knowledge that is Shards :roll:

PS. If you see a man in a white coat, be brave and ask for some much needed help.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2007 13:19

Whilst I don't agree with Schards that the stadium shouldn't be expanded.

The fact is that when you get a member card now it comes with 5pts. So anybody can and could get a ST at some point so they were on general sale.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Aug 2007 13:20

Woodcote Royal Who has been sold one without a member card containing 5pts?

Anyone that phoned up and said "I am interested in a season ticket but I don't have a member card" to which the sales centre said "Certainly sir, give me your details and payment method and we will sign you up now and send your activated member card out in the post with your season ticket on"

Or am I missing something here

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Aug 2007 13:21

Woodcote, member cards are on general sale.

When you buy a member card you get 5 royalty points.

To get a season ticket you have to have 5 points.

As there are no limits that I am aware of in terms of getting member card that means that season tickets are on general sale.

Do you believe that Reading tickets never actually go on general sale?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Aug 2007 13:50

Whilst the obsessives tie them seles up in knots on a piece of pointless pedantry I can;t see whether the debate as to whether we 'just' sold 18,000 STH or 'comfortably' sold 18k ST has much relevance to whether the club should be looking to grow over the next decade.

I can't see the logic from Schards that we should declare the ground 'closed' to new fans or more than a fairly token number of away fans. There is clear demand for tickets and it would seem perverse to decide not to try and accommodate it.

I can guess who the first to complain would be if in 18 months time we were turning people away. There would be hysterical attacks on the club for their lack of foresight and ambition.

I say get the new seats in and then get out there and sell them !

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Aug 2007 13:53

Schards#2 It's a good job Woodcote's got his finger on the pulse, they never went any where near going on open sale :lol:

So, despite the most succesful season in the club's history and no increase in prices, demand for tickets has fallen.

What's the obvious thing to do? Extend the ground by 8,000 seats of course :lol:

Extend the ground and then reduce prices a bit. That will attract extra supporters/revenue that will more than cover the reduction.

It's not really surprising that season tickets haven't flown out of the door in all directions for this season. Despite not going up in price they were clearly still very expensive in some people's minds and those people have decided not to renew/buy after their first season's fix of the promised land.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 Aug 2007 14:01

People seem to be missing the point of the extension by concentrating on ST sales.

There are half a dozen games each season which are guaranteed sell-outs with the new capacity, and probably another half a dozen or so games where the increased capacity will probably sell out - and if not it'll mostly sell.

How do we take advantage of those peaks in demand without the increased capacity? It's just lost opportunity. But with the extension I'm sure that the increased capacity will be at least 50% utilised across the season.

So what if the extra capacity for the likes of Wigan has to be sold off cheap (e.g. with Kids for a Quid or similar)? It's a great way to make football more accessible and to get the next generation hooked. They have no way in when there are minimal tickets available, and not everybody can or will make the commitment of a season ticket.
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 01 Aug 2007 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Aug 2007 14:03

The last three posts sum it all up perfectly.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Aug 2007 14:24

Huntley & Palmer
Woodcote Royal Who has been sold one without a member card containing 5pts?

Anyone that phoned up and said "I am interested in a season ticket but I don't have a member card" to which the sales centre said "Certainly sir, give me your details and payment method and we will sign you up now and send your activated member card out in the post with your season ticket on"

Or am I missing something here

Yes, the fact that many people would think "Oh dear, I don't have member card with 5pts" and not bother phoning :?

Why the fcuk would someone who knows little about this club assume that anyone can a have member card and that, furthermore, the points required to apply for a ST are freely available to anyone who enquires :roll:

I agree that for "those in the know" Season Tickets are, in effect, on general sale and have said that I was surprised that they got this close to actual general sale but;

(i) Even this point was only reached when just a few hundred seats remained.

(ii) To use this as proof that demand for tickets is dropping in a stadium that has been all but full for a season and a half and that, therefore, it should not be expanded, is absolutley insane!

174 posts