*!! EMERSE FAE SIGNS 3 YEAR DEAL FOR 2.5 MILLION*!!

169 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Aug 2007 13:58

SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Coppell or indeed anybody associated with Reading is gay. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

Wise words

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2007 14:08

royal tee
SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Wenger or indeed anybody associated with Arsenal is French. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

I don't f***ing care about Arsenal.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 03 Aug 2007 14:09

barmy_army008 Wikipedia still has Fae as playing for Nantes.

I would update it but can never get the links etc working, so if anyone cares to change it...

Updated now

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 03 Aug 2007 14:10

SpaceCruiser
royal tee
SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Wenger or indeed anybody associated with Arsenal is French. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

You should.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2007 14:13

Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
royal tee
SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Wenger or indeed anybody associated with Arsenal is French. Whether they can't do the job they are doing is more important.

You should.

I do now that I've corrected the quote. ;)

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Aug 2007 14:13

Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
royal tee

You should.

Um, no he shouldn't. He shouldn't have such a hatred for all things French and Arsenal, it's not healthy, but he doesn't have to care about them...

Reality check... I'm sticking up for Spaced!

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 03 Aug 2007 14:15

Rawlie19
Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
royal tee

You should.

Um, no he shouldn't. He shouldn't have such a hatred for all things French and Arsenal, it's not healthy, but he doesn't have to care about them...

Reality check... I'm sticking up for Spaced!

They are our rivals for a top 4 finish. Any true Reading fan should care about Arsenal and how they perform this season.

And yes, you are sticking up for the post happy weatherman...!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 14:19

Gordons Cumming
SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Coppell or indeed anybody associated with Reading is gay. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

Wise words

erm he probably isnt gay
i was only messing about

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Aug 2007 14:30

brendywendy
Gordons Cumming

Wise words

erm he probably isnt gay
i was only messing about

:roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 14:36

Gordons Cumming
brendywendy
Gordons Cumming

Wise words

erm he probably isnt gay
i was only messing about

keep your rolly eyes to your self

my point was: would it matter if he was

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Aug 2007 15:02

brendywendy
Gordons Cumming
brendywendy
Gordons Cumming

Wise words

erm he probably isnt gay
i was only messing about

I can post my rolling eyes any where I like............what you gonna do about it?

:wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 15:06

Gordons Cumming
brendywendy
Gordons Cumming
brendywendy
Gordons Cumming

Wise words

erm he probably isnt gay
i was only messing about

I can post my rolling eyes any where I like............what you gonna do about it?

:wink:

erm.....
piss and moan?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Aug 2007 15:33

Fair cop.

This thread has expired.

Fae is great and a future Reading legend. :roll:

We'll see.........................

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 03 Aug 2007 16:31

Katie Marsden
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

Thats a bit fking special that is..... bloody hell I dont think I could do that. I assumed he'd be big and scary, not nippy and erm. Pele.

Are we SURE that guy plays for RFC?!!!

Sorry to add some realism here but that goal isn't actually that good. He goes past the first player with a lucky deflection, it lands in his path, then the other defender dives in and misses the ball and the finish looks like more luck than a placed effort.

I'm all for hyping up players but cut the bullsh1t please.

What???!!!!
Anyone who thinks that wasn't a good goal obviously doesn't watch much football (too busy looking at all the men in shorts Katie?).
He did get a lucky bounce off one player, but then took it past another and placed it, with his left foot, into the top corner. Notice how he started celebrating before the ball went in? He knew exactly where that was going.
The other left footed goal was more lucky, it dribbled right under the keeper who should have stopped it.
I'm not saying he is Pele, I'm not saying he is the best player we will ever have. All I am saying is that was a special goal and the bloke obviously has potential.
I will reserve judgment until I've seen him play.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 16:41

could say the same about the DLC goal last year

took a lucky bounce off someones knee on the way from harper but still a great goal., and one i enjoyed hugely

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 03 Aug 2007 17:01

It'll be interesting to see how we line up in midfield. We've bought 2 players, both described as defensive midfielders. If they both play I suppose it'll give the wingers more license to push forward.
We haven't brought in a progressive Sidwell-type player, but they are quite rare.
Perhaps Gunnarson could try and emulate him, when required. He hasn't got the same pace, but he has got the goal scoring ability. His chances/goals ratio must be the best in the club.

Royal Soupanoodle
Location: at the bottom of the Ocean called life, looking for a pearl of wisdom!

by Royal Soupanoodle » 03 Aug 2007 17:16

Great Knolly It'll be interesting to see how we line up in midfield. We've bought 2 players, both described as defensive midfielders. If they both play I suppose it'll give the wingers more license to push forward.
We haven't brought in a progressive Sidwell-type player, but they are quite rare.
Perhaps Gunnarson could try and emulate him, when required. He hasn't got the same pace, but he has got the goal scoring ability. His chances/goals ratio must be the best in the club.

Hammond said Fae is an attacking player who likes to score. Fae has said he likes to get in behind defenders and also tackle.

So on that basis I woud say Fae is the Sidwell replacement and Cisse is a new type of midfielder that we haven't had for a while - if the description of him being Viera like is anything to go by.

Either way it's an exciting prospect.

:D

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Aug 2007 17:31

I think it's the first time in a long time we've had a decent set of midfielders giving us options.
I suspect we may play a different style next season, partly forced on us if Little is out long term but probably no bad thing given those on HNA who tell us that the rest of the league will have 'found us out' next year....

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Aug 2007 17:32

I think it's the first time in a long time we've had a decent set of midfielders giving us options.
I suspect we may play a different style next season, partly forced on us if Little is out long term but probably no bad thing given those on HNA who tell us that the rest of the league will have 'found us out' next year....

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 03 Aug 2007 21:18

Behindu I think it's the first time in a long time we've had a decent set of midfielders giving us options.

Totally agree and in fact we can now turn out two strong elevens having decent cover in every position (assuming Seol stays and Oster to cover for Little). Very very optimistic about this season. Icing on the caKE will be to secure long term deals/contracts for Lita and Shorey.

169 posts