Anyone no how new season ticket sales are going?

174 posts
Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 02 Aug 2007 11:14

Who'd have thought there are 100's, nay 1,000's of people who haven't been to a single game in two years that have now had some sort of epiphany and want to buy, not just the odd ticket, but want to buy a season ticket?

To answer my own question - no one except the worryingly deluded Woodcote Royal.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Aug 2007 13:31

Schards#2 Who'd have thought there are 100's, nay 1,000's of people who haven't been to a single game in two years that have now had some sort of epiphany and want to buy, not just the odd ticket, but want to buy a season ticket?

To answer my own question - no one except the worryingly deluded Woodcote Royal.

Perhaps - but surely you'll agree that the only way to get new people interested and motivated enough to buy season tickets in the future is to have sufficient capacity to allow them to come along to matches now?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 03 Aug 2007 13:44

Schards#2 Who'd have thought there are 100's, nay 1,000's of people who haven't been to a single game in two years that have now had some sort of epiphany and want to buy, not just the odd ticket, but want to buy a season ticket?

Why would anyone think that when they watch every home league game in a full stadium :roll:

Every week the club sells 24k seats with less than 100 fans left dissappointed at not getting a ticket.

Silly me, why add 12,000 seats when there's only 86 people waiting to buy them.

If only I had Schards insight...........................and H & P's debating skills.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Aug 2007 15:25

It does not seem that long ago that I suggested to a certain Boyd Butler that they get the half ST on sale asap as demand would be high, it happened and before long they were sold out, also strange that so many of those that bought the half ST had not worried before about getting into matches.

We took 40k to Wembley Simod cup ish, similar to the play off at Wembley and similar to Cardiff ( I still hate Walsall) so surely there are about 40k RFC potential watchers about, and probably more since we have done so well since then.

The ground is not big enough for the potential we have, why does anyone not want it expanded?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Aug 2007 15:53

because it is a risk if we go down at any time in the next, say, 10 years.

I am not sure which way to jump on this one. I guess it is worth taking the plunge, but I'd investigate the possibility of hiring it out for rock concerts/Billy Graham prayer meetings as often as possible.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Aug 2007 16:30

LUX because it is a risk if we go down at any time in the next, say, 10 years.

I am not sure which way to jump on this one. I guess it is worth taking the plunge, but I'd investigate the possibility of hiring it out for rock concerts/Billy Graham prayer meetings as often as possible.

Why is it a risk ?
The pay off will be pretty short term. I don;t know the costs but if it doesn't pay for itself inside 3 years I'd be surprised.
Whislt we shouldn;t be reckless it seems to me that this is a fairly conservative gamble.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2007 17:48

Just to clarify - I haven't, and I don't think Schards has, said we should NEVER expand, just that we should wait another couple of years at least and seeing if we consolidate our position in the PL before going full steam ahead, building an extension, possibly getting relegated straight after and not being able to fill the stadium. There's NOTHING worse than playing to a half empty stadium either.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Aug 2007 17:51

Royal Lady Just to clarify - I haven't, and I don't think Schards has, said we should NEVER expand, just that we should wait another couple of years at least and seeing if we consolidate our position in the PL before going full steam ahead, building an extension, possibly getting relegated straight after and not being able to fill the stadium. There's NOTHING worse than playing to a half empty stadium either.

Much like we did the first season in the current ground, but then no one thought we would get relegated that season, so it will always be a risk.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Aug 2007 17:52

How do you judge when the time is right though ?
Charlton, Southampton, Coventry and others have been 'established' top flight clubs and then got relegated.

The expansion is incremental - we can just do the East Standand not the ends if the worst happens and we get relegated, or we can call it off next spring if we have a disaster this year.

I guess it would help if we knew the costs of the work, othrwise we are all just guessing, but I can;t see how we can expect to become established at this level in such a small stadium.

I guess we'll know in 2 or 3 years who had the better instinct !

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2007 17:52

We built a new stadium then, not an extension.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2007 19:37

Woodcote Royal

Why would anyone think that when they watch every home league game in a full stadium :roll:

Every week the club sells 24k seats with less than 100 fans left dissappointed at not getting a ticket.

If only I had Schards insight...........................and H & P's debating skills.

Woodcote Royal earlier

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Aug 2007 16:39

Royal Lady
Woodcote Royal

Woodcote Royal earlier

Who cancelled the builders?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Aug 2007 16:46

Nope. You've lost me there. You'll have to explain.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Aug 2007 16:49

:P

174 posts