AGM

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

AGM

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Aug 2007 06:36

Surprised STAR haven't taken the opportunity to 'advertise' the AGM on here yet (apologies though if it has been and I've missed it) but the STAR AGM has been scheduled for Thursday 16th August at 8pm.

Wally Downes and Kevin Dillon will be guests for the Fan's Forum that follows after.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Aug 2007 19:25

looks like they are not going to mention it other than in passing.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 12 Aug 2007 13:41

The 17 Bus looks like they are not going to mention it other than in passing.

On here at least.

Are you polishing your grumpy old man image no17? :D It has been on the STAR website since 15 July, which is after all, especially now we have a much better webmaster, is the place to go for STAR news. In addition we have sent an email to everyone we have a current correct address for so we should have had direct contact electronically with our members. This is more a place to communicate with non-members but as they cannot attend the AGM this news is less pertinent.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 12 Aug 2007 16:53

starliaison In addition we have sent an email to everyone we have a current correct address...

I have checked extensively and I haven't received the 2007 STAR AGM email and I have received past emails from STAR.

Of course email is not a guaranteed communication method and it may have been blocked by one of my junk and spam blockers.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Aug 2007 18:46

starliaison
The 17 Bus looks like they are not going to mention it other than in passing.

On here at least.

Are you polishing your grumpy old man image no17? :D It has been on the STAR website since 15 July, which is after all, especially now we have a much better webmaster, is the place to go for STAR news. In addition we have sent an email to everyone we have a current correct address for so we should have had direct contact electronically with our members. This is more a place to communicate with non-members but as they cannot attend the AGM this news is less pertinent.

Maybe it is time to lose the STAR section on here then, as it really does no favours to us non members.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Aug 2007 19:20

It's a STAR AGM.... only relevent to STAR members so as long the STAR members know there's no need to publicise it.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Aug 2007 19:29

Forbury Lion It's a STAR AGM.... only relevent to STAR members so as long the STAR members know there's no need to publicise it.

So what is the point of a STAR forum on here, get real, all it needs is a quick link to the latest news, simple really. Does not need to create discusion, however if that follows so be it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Aug 2007 19:39

The 17 Bus
Maybe it is time to lose the STAR section on here then, as it really does no favours to us non members.

Lose AE - no relevance to us Royals fans....

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Aug 2007 19:56

Anything Else
A general forum for Reading FC fans to discuss issues that may not directly be related to whats going on on the pitch.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Aug 2007 20:51

The 17 Bus Anything Else
A general forum for Reading FC fans to discuss issues that may not directly be related to whats going on on the pitch.

So just as relevant to have a section where matters pertaining to STAR can be raised - given that discussion of such matters is not limited to STAR

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Aug 2007 23:55

The 17 Bus
Forbury Lion It's a STAR AGM.... only relevent to STAR members so as long the STAR members know there's no need to publicise it.

So what is the point of a STAR forum on here, get real, all it needs is a quick link to the latest news, simple really. Does not need to create discusion, however if that follows so be it.
If all STAR members know about the AGM then there's no need to publicise it, If they don't all know then STAR have a failing that needs to be addressed.

Not everything has to go on this forum, although for those of us who spend our entire lives on here it's probably the best way to notify us of something.

Whistle

by Whistle » 13 Aug 2007 10:44

STAR attempts to represent the interests of all Reading fans whether members or not. HNA is a much better place to communicate than the STAR site. This section is a good idea.

Skyline

by Skyline » 13 Aug 2007 13:03

Behindu
The 17 Bus Anything Else

So just as relevant to have a section where matters pertaining to STAR can be raised - given that discussion of such matters is not limited to STAR

I think the Bus's point was that if STAR aren't going to publicise important things on here (and surely the AGM is important), then why should it/they have their own section on HNA? Why have an outlet for information available to you and then not use it, especially when it costs nothing to do so?

I have to say that even when I was a member of STAR I don't think I went on the STAR website more than a couple of times.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 13 Aug 2007 18:06

TY Skyline, at least you can see what I mean, TBH it is easy to post a thread and lock it, there does not have to be any discussion, on announcements

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 13 Aug 2007 18:39

It's a bit of an over reaction to say that just becasue STAR didn;t duplicate communications by putting a thread on here then HNA users should have a useful forum taken away from them....

If Graham is happy to have the bandwidth used then what's the problem ? Especially given the rubbish that fills most of the other forums (fora ?) !!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 13 Aug 2007 19:09

The point is that many rely on this section for info on STAR (Supporters Trust At Reading), so if there is a communication channel then use it, how difficult is that?

Skyline

by Skyline » 14 Aug 2007 08:37

Behindu It's a bit of an over reaction to say that just becasue STAR didn;t duplicate communications by putting a thread on here then HNA users should have a useful forum taken away from them....

But that's the point isn't it - if STAR are not going to post the info on here, then it isn't a useful forum. I'd venture to suggest that if that is the attitude to be taken, a lot of the threads on here (like, all the ones asking about travel arrangements) are not required because the info is (presumably) available on the STAR website.

Or is it OK with you to post requests asking for volunteers to help out with STAR activities, but not to post up information about the AGM?

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 14 Aug 2007 09:04

The 17 Bus The point is that many rely on this section for info on STAR (Supporters Trust At Reading), so if there is a communication channel then use it, how difficult is that?

But isn't that non-members as starliaison said - I certainly got an E-STAR telling me about the AGM. Seems that this one line of communication got forgotten - so does that make it a stick to beat them with?

They are not perfect? Well that certainly is news but given they are all volunteers with a lot of other things in their lives it seems a bit rich to get on their backs so much.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 14 Aug 2007 17:04

My point entirely WGS

Never quite grasp the logic on HNA sometimes - STAR don;t publicise promptly something that had already been publicised so scrap the whole damn forum !!!

It takes HNA months to activate log ons (if they ever do it) yet I've not heard anyone call for HNA to be closed down (and nor should it be !!).

Reading fans have 2 modes of operation - total apathy or complete over reaction....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Aug 2007 19:57

Behindu It takes HNA months to activate log ons (if they ever do it) yet I've not heard anyone call for HNA to be closed down (and nor should it be !!).
That's because they've not been able to log on and call for it to be closed!