Sorry, but I am already pissed off with Seol

287 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Sorry, but I am already pissed off with Seol

by Royal Rother » 12 Aug 2007 22:30

Before the season started I said I thought after a year of being under SC he could well come good, and it maybe a little early to give up just yet but the guy did my head in today.

I know when we were in the 3rd & 4th divisions wingers were supposed to be inconsistent, you never knew whether they were going to be up for it or not, but I'm sorry, we cannot afford to have passengers in the Premiership, and that was exactly what he was today.

He had no stomach for the fight, seemed to be operating at half the speed of movement and thought of everyone else and in short was a bloody liability. He has the skill to hold the ball, that's what he's good at, but all he wanted to do was get rid of it as quickly as possible. He was feeble at best and just seems totally out of place in a unit that is lion-hearted, disciplined and honest in their total endeavour every time they take to the pitch.

On his day he can be excellent but they are few and far between and I think he has only a few games left before Coppell's patience runs out.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 12 Aug 2007 22:36

Yawn.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Aug 2007 22:37

Well done RR.

WyW_URZ

by WyW_URZ » 12 Aug 2007 22:39

I too thought Seol would be better this season. He looked off the pace today, his booking was needless, if he had reacted quicker he wouldn't have ever needed to make the challenge.

Couple of times he had opportunities to break, but always stopped and played a pointless ball or gave the ball away. Had Lita not ruled himself out with bedroom activities, Seol wouldn't have played IMO, Doyle would have played on the wing with Lita in the centre.

I don't like to judge but after todays performance I would gladly buy his train ticket to Fulham.

g

by g » 12 Aug 2007 22:41

There is no doubting Seol's quality, however today he looked completely uninterested. Perhaps the transfer speculation has hurt his concentration a bit, but if you can't up your game against United at Old Trafford, it is a bit worrying.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 12 Aug 2007 22:47

WyW_URZ I too thought Seol would be better this season. He looked off the pace today, his booking was needless, if he had reacted quicker he wouldn't have ever needed to make the challenge.

Crap.

Funny how Rooney didn't get a booking for a worse challenge on Dela earlier in the match.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 12 Aug 2007 22:48

For some reason I really thought he would make the grade this year. Now I'm sure booing him didn't help, but to me it was like he REALLY did not want to be there.. We need a new winger on right... and fast..

WyW_URZ

by WyW_URZ » 12 Aug 2007 22:53

rabidbee
WyW_URZ I too thought Seol would be better this season. He looked off the pace today, his booking was needless, if he had reacted quicker he wouldn't have ever needed to make the challenge.

Crap.

Funny how Rooney didn't get a booking for a worse challenge on Dela earlier in the match.

Thanks for being constructive!!
He was dozing, the ball came towards him, he lost out, and lashed out a bit and commited a foul. Not saying it was a yellow card offence, just the foul was easily avoidable.
Last edited by WyW_URZ on 12 Aug 2007 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Aug 2007 22:54

Was he booed today? He was useless but that would disappoint me somewhat.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 12 Aug 2007 23:30

Fulham is closer to New Malden I suppose.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Aug 2007 23:42

Great thread.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 12 Aug 2007 23:42

in my opinion seol was very poor today, over hit crosses and holds up the play instead of going forward.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Aug 2007 23:55

Seol was awful again today and showed a complete lack of desire - Coppell saw this and took him off.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 12 Aug 2007 23:56

Obviously our game plan was not to Seol's strength's today and it was unlikely that he was ever going to shine in that system. Seol is at his best when he is given possession of the ball further up the pitch. Also I'm not sure if he is 100% fit as he seemed very slow when in possession of the ball. That said I thought Oster made more of an impact when coming on. He closed down players (making a very good tackle on Ronaldo) and also kept the ball well. I think we will need these attributes when playing Chelsea and therefore would start Oster over Seol.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Aug 2007 23:59

Seol has talent, but doesn't seem in the mood to put it to use. Shame really as whilst in the team he has a real chance to keep Little out.

Of course, one game isn't enough to judge anyone... but on today's performances I'd play Little, Oster, Murty or Doyle ahead of him at right wing.

Perhaps it's the management who are failing here by not identifying any problems with the player and resolving them.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 13 Aug 2007 00:24

Given that:
1) He can't run more than 10 yards with the ball before bringing play to a halt;
2) He is poor at tackling;
3) His movement off the ball is desperately slow; and
4) When faced with a defender, he tries to go round him too many times

What useful role can he play in the team?

Basically, he is a luxury. If we can leave him high up on one wing, preferably the right, then he can produce some devastating crosses, and can win us games (as he has proven in the past), but in encounters like today's he is worse than useless.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2007 00:26

If only we had another right winger/midfielder.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 13 Aug 2007 00:29

I really hope (and I trust RR would concur) that this thread comes back to haunt him this season. In fact, I suspect that that is his plan.

Have I just jinxed it?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Aug 2007 00:41

Starfish I really hope (and I trust RR would concur) that this thread comes back to haunt him this season.

I am surprised that he didn't name this thread I am officially bored of watching Seol :roll:

11 minutes. That is how long it took today for Seol to get abuse today from the Reading support.

g

by g » 13 Aug 2007 00:44

I don't think todays match against United really suited Seol. It seems Coppell wanted him to go forward to support Doyle, but at times he seemed a little lost, considering we could never get forward. I have mixed feelings about Seol, sometimes he puts in great performances, and other times not. My biggest disappointment in Seol was the FA Cup match with United when Coppell took him off and he disgracefully ignored Coppell's handshake. I think today he was taken off because of his yellow. If he didn't have it, he would have stayed on. I do not think Madejski will want to sell Seol though, but if I had a 4million pound offer, I would accept it.

287 posts