soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 16 Aug 2007 19:01

Booing Cech > Booing Sidwell

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Aug 2007 19:01

Mrs Butler his tackles were a disgrace

if it was any other player we would have boooed, so he got what he deserved. what a prat

Agree with that.

I thought Sidwell was dreadful in the 45 minutes he played and perhaps deserved a bit of stick that he got during the game. Unfortunately we cannot afford to be smug in thr slightest as his direct replacement in this game (Cisse) was even bloody worse.....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Aug 2007 19:13

At the end of the day, Booing Sidwell is like booing a pantomine villain, You know he's not bad, but you play along.

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 16 Aug 2007 19:54

shadesrwrf I clapped when his name was called out. I booed him during the game. He now plays for Chelsea. Any tactic which unnerves an opposition player, whoever they are, is fair game in my opinion. (Although to be honest he's a professional football player and probably expected, and thought little of it). It had absolutely nothing to do with what I think of him as an individual.

Steve Sidwell was a loyal servant of Reading, I'm glad he played such an important role during his time at Reading and I wish him all the best and hope he does well at Chelsea.

Same as that - and it obviously worked because he played rubbish.

Although I only hope he does well at Chelsea when they are not playing us obviously.

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 16 Aug 2007 20:11

I suspect it was just to get it off their chest. Remember that at no point in the season did the fans turn on him during a match despite his refusal to sign a contract. No the fans have said their peice I expect him to be welcomed back next time against Reading - assuming he gets a run-out for newly promoted Charlton.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 16 Aug 2007 20:32

A player on the other team got booed, big deal.

spike25

by spike25 » 16 Aug 2007 20:53

at least booing shows you care. And it sounded like it was in good fun, I think.

Much worse to act as if he were just another player.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Aug 2007 20:56

As I stated before the game - on here as to many others - I clapped and cheered during the warm ups/team announcements and booed during the game.

Standard practice regarding ex-players as far as I'm concerned.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 16 Aug 2007 21:12

Before/after said game I viewed Siddy as the great servant he was for Reading, and admired him for the hard work he contributed to our success over the past couple of years. During the game, he's just another money grabbing tart who plays for Chelsea, and similar to what RZR said, the booing I gave him was fair game IMHO.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading fans booing Steve Sidwell

by strap » 16 Aug 2007 21:21

Hugo Boss If you were one of the embarrassments who did this, can I ask why??

Money grabbing greedy bollox opponent. Next?

Oh, and why were Cheatski so crap when he was on, and so much better when he was subbed???

Could Sidders have actually started to believe some of the hype about himself??

I would reckon on him making a maximum of 6 premiership starts for Cheatski this season. Still, what does he care? £40k a week is more than I earn in a year. Good luck to him, but he must realise why he gets the stick!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Aug 2007 21:24

strap

Oh, and why were Cheatski so crap when he was on, and so much better when he was subbed???

I would reckon on him making a maximum of 6 premiership starts for Cheatski this season. Still, what does he care? £40k a week is more than I earn in a year. Good luck to him, but he must realise why he gets the stick!

Don't agree with that. Sir Steve said last night that he expects Sidwell to do well at Chelsea, and there's no reason to doubt him. I hope he does - although I can't believe I'm saying that about a Chelsea player, a team who I hate with a passion as the encapsulation of all that is wrong with the modern English game.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 16 Aug 2007 22:22

Isn't it funny how I don't really remember anyone complaining - or even mentioning Sidwell's tackles before yesterday? Hmmm... that Chelsea water must have something different in it to cause such a sudden change. :wink:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Aug 2007 22:23

Volvicanus Isn't it funny how I don't really remember anyone complaining - or even mentioning Sidwell's tackles before yesterday? Hmmm... that Chelsea water must have something different in it to cause such a sudden change. :wink:

Sounds like the little convo I had with Miss RZR after last night's game. :lol:

working class hero

by working class hero » 16 Aug 2007 23:03

Why complain about Sidwell being physical when it was the same quality that we applauded him for when he wore Hoops.

As for the prize t*ts in North Row CC 104 - 108ish who were [in a broad Berkshire pig sh*gging yokel accent] yelling Judas and decrying him as Steven SHITwell [yawn] - well the mind boggles at how much inbreeding has gone into this particular family to get them to the pitiful level they have fallen to....

I was pleased that he was ineffective against us. I do however, wish him all the best.
Sure he was greedy - but which of us would not leave for a better firm willing to pay us triple wages for the same job.

And if we had offered him 25 k per week at the beginning of the season [as he asked] he would have signed..... Hardly his fault we played the long game and better offers rolled in.

Reading fans who have such short memories and so little appreciation for great servants deserve little.

Daniella

by Daniella » 17 Aug 2007 00:12

shadesrwrf
strap

Don't agree with that. Sir Steve said last night that he expects Sidwell to do well at Chelsea, and there's no reason to doubt him. I hope he does - although I can't believe I'm saying that about a Chelsea player, a team who I hate with a passion as the encapsulation of all that is wrong with the modern English game.

You're starting to talk a lot of sense of late, its refreshing. Despise chelsea with an absolute passion, real sick mercenary club that have really kicked english football into an all-time low.

Your comments about language in the ground were also spot on.

reading98

by reading98 » 17 Aug 2007 00:39

Sidwell recieved a generous round of applause before the game and I was one who clapped, but the second the game kicked off you could tell he didnt care with his reckless and late tackles.

And in my point of view deserved to get Boo's and to be hauled off at half time made it even better. I was one who did not Boo!!! but still felt it was deserved.

He was a great player for us but he does not care about us anymore didnt even clap back before the game.

"Sidwell enjoy the warm bench at chelski dont get fat" :lol: :lol:

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 17 Aug 2007 00:44

Many other ex-RFC players aren't booed in that way when they come back.

Work it out for yourself. It's not rocket science.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2007 01:03

floyd__streete
Mrs Butler his tackles were a disgrace

if it was any other player we would have boooed, so he got what he deserved. what a prat

Agree with that.

I thought Sidwell was dreadful in the 45 minutes he played and perhaps deserved a bit of stick that he got during the game. Unfortunately we cannot afford to be smug in thr slightest as his direct replacement in this game (Cisse) was even bloody worse.....
OMFG, floyd, don't you start in on Kalifa. He was not worse that Sidwell - in my opinion - but even if he was, he's a Reading player on his debut. He did some good things. Get behind him.

Honestly, am I the only one who thinks respected nobbers like floyd, Andy and AP have had a bit of lead poisoning? I can't believe it from you guys.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 17 Aug 2007 03:54

shadesrwrf I clapped when his name was called out. I booed him during the game. He now plays for Chelsea. Any tactic which unnerves an opposition player, whoever they are, is fair game in my opinion. (Although to be honest he's a professional football player and probably expected, and thought little of it). It had absolutely nothing to do with what I think of him as an individual.

Steve Sidwell was a loyal servant of Reading, I'm glad he played such an important role during his time at Reading and I wish him all the best and hope he does well at Chelsea.

Exactly, and well put.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 17 Aug 2007 04:06

Arch Honestly, am I the only one who thinks respected nobbers like floyd, Andy and AP have had a bit of lead poisoning? I can't believe it from you guys.

Personally, I can't believe that you used the words "respected" and "Nobbers" in conjunction...