RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2007 19:11

Behindu
andrew1957 The rumour going round is that West Ham have tabled a bid for Shorey.

That rumour has been circulating for weeks !

THe England career areguement is getting more fragile seeing as he's made the squad with us again, and bar a miracle and being at a top 4 side he has no chance of ousting a fit Cole anyway.

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 18 Aug 2007 06:26

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 18 Aug 2007 08:12

That's a complete non-story..

this however..

No bids for Nicky at all as of this morning.

Good to know the papers are full of shit as usual ;)

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Aug 2007 09:23

Worth a laugh I guess !!!

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 18 Aug 2007 10:22

zac naloen

this however..

Not true.

I take it SC will be suing the Sun for misquoting him then?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 18 Aug 2007 10:47

Melbguy
zac naloen

this however..

Not true.

it's not a misquote, he won't stand in the way and that story has been around for a week in various forms. But if you read the link I posted, Which is from this morning, "No bids for Shorey, none at all"

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Aug 2007 11:16

Melbguy Good to know the papers are full of shit as usual ;)

Not true.

I take it SC will be suing the Sun for misquoting him then?[/quote]

What grounds would he have for sueing them ? There is nothing defamatory there, but it does pull the usual tabloid trick of taking a few comments and reprinting them in conjunction with other bits of misinformation to try and create a story.

In Coppell's time here I can;t recall a player actually requesting a move. Shorey and Lita have both stated they are happy here and Coppell's point is that he wouldn't try and keep an unhappy player at the club, not that it's an open door and anyone can just walk.

Given that West Ham seem to be continuing to conduct their business through the press rather than using ethical channels it seem sles and less likely that there is any truth in the stories. It wouldn;t surprise me if JM doesn;t refuse to even take calls from Upton Park given the poor ethical reputation of the club.

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 18 Aug 2007 11:45

zac naloen
Melbguy
zac naloen

this however..

Not true.

it's not a misquote, he won't stand in the way and that story has been around for a week in various forms. But if you read the link I posted, Which is from this morning, "No bids for Shorey, none at all"

I read it, doesn't make it true :wink:

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 18 Aug 2007 11:59

I read it, doesn't make it true

:lol: :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Aug 2007 15:30

Melbguy I read it, doesn't make it true :wink:

You should've not read it - then it would defintely be true.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 20 Aug 2007 09:06

Shorey looks unsettled to me, his passing is way off and he's constantly letting wingers get crosses in this season. To me he looks like a player who wants out, so I expect him to leave this week.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2007 09:12

Scarface Shorey looks unsettled to me, his passing is way off and he's constantly letting wingers get crosses in this season. To me he looks like a player who wants out, so I expect him to leave this week.

Not expecting anything but his body language was way off on Saturday, seemed to be going through the motions at times and couldn't have been further away from the goal celebrations if he tried.

Probably reading far too much in to it but it felt to me like his mind was elsewhere.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 20 Aug 2007 09:17

Stranded
Scarface Shorey looks unsettled to me, his passing is way off and he's constantly letting wingers get crosses in this season. To me he looks like a player who wants out, so I expect him to leave this week.

Not expecting anything but his body language was way off on Saturday, seemed to be going through the motions at times and couldn't have been further away from the goal celebrations if he tried.

Probably reading far too much in to it but it felt to me like his mind was elsewhere.

I thought he had better game on saturday than he did on Wednesday. He sounded bright and positive when interviewed afterwards. He's going nowhere.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2007 09:19

2nd half perhaps, this was mainly based on the 1st half. Like I say I'm sure I'm reading too much in to it.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 20 Aug 2007 09:27

In fact, he made it into Garth Crooks Team of the Week!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl ... s_team.stm

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2007 09:43

Stranded

Football Focus or Sky did a little piece with Shorey on Saturday. As part of it they had a camera on him throughout the Chelsea game. When we scored Shorey just turned round and walked back to his position for the kick off.

As a pretty undemostrative kind of guy it may just be his way, but I did think it was a bit odd as he didn't even clench a fist or punch the air.

He hasn't been on top form this season yet either. But not sure I put all that together and come up with him going. It wouldn't surprise me that much though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Aug 2007 09:46

The WH forums aren't exactly crawling with ITK posts, which I would have expected by now if he really were off there this week.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 20 Aug 2007 12:43

There is definitely something to this, as spotted by others his body language is all wrong. I reckon Coppell has told him he has to hand in a transfer request, then he can go, so he's got the hump.

He's a great player, but if he sulks for 2 seasons then I'd rather we sold him now.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 12:47

Scarface There is definitely something to this, as spotted by others his body language is all wrong. I reckon Coppell has told him he has to hand in a transfer request, then he can go, so he's got the hump.

He's a great player, but if he sulks for 2 seasons then I'd rather we sold him now.

If that was the case then he wouldn;t be sulking, he'd have handed in a transfer request.

FWIW I saw Shorey before the game in a non public environment and he was in good spirits, no hint of a sulk.

Assuming we have had no bid (and Coppell says we haven;t) then speculation about him wanting a mmove is a bit irrelevant. The press having been making a big thing of WHU's interest for weeks but West Ham seem strangely reluctant to follow it through. He's obviously not that high on their list....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2007 12:55

Scarface There is definitely something to this, as spotted by others his body language is all wrong. I reckon Coppell has told him he has to hand in a transfer request, then he can go, so he's got the hump.

With respect, he's not a great player - a damn good one that I wouldn't want us to lose, but that's all.

702 posts