Coppell lost us that one ...

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 21:43

Basingstoke Royal
2.8 lita injection Agreed, seol is a match winner.

Lazy or not we should just bought Rosenior.

By the way Seol was not fit today?? Convey was an option but you would have to admit crossing would be a problem. Hunt on the right would had been my choice in hindsight.

Seol will win you one match per season.

Not good enough for the premiership.

Seol won Reading 4 games last season, FACT.

Break it down however you want to. tho i would not ever want to make out that a player won games as they cant on their own but seol was instrumental to certain games......

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 01 Sep 2007 21:46

I have to admit that I've been looking for a way to explain to my missus how I feel this evening. 'Shell-shocked' probably sums it up better than anything ....[/quote]

Yeah same as mate. Today was the first time I have ever walked/stormed/etc out of a Reading game in anger... (yeah ok I've left before the final whistle and all that crap) earley(sic) no I aint proud of myself but I was absolutely livid in there today. I couldnt take any more after Doyle got the ball between his bollocks after his penalty f--- up.

Worst thing was - I wasn't the only one...

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 21:50

Sir Rodney Effing I have to admit that I've been looking for a way to explain to my missus how I feel this evening. 'Shell-shocked' probably sums it up better than anything ....

Yeah same as mate. Today was the first time I have ever walked/stormed/etc out of a Reading game in anger... (yeah ok I've left before the final whistle and all that crap) earley(sic) no I aint proud of myself but I was absolutely livid in there today. I couldnt take any more after Doyle got the ball between his bollocks after his penalty f--- up.

Worst thing was - I wasn't the only one...[/quote]

The problem is that Reading fans have had it too good for a long time now, its time now to see who are the real Reading fans..?....???...

Believe it or not Reading are not the 8th best team in the EPL.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 01 Sep 2007 21:55

The problem is that Reading fans have had it too good for a long time now, its time now to see who are the real Reading fans..?....???...

Believe it or not Reading are not the 8th best team in the EPL.[/quote]

Hi mate, dont get me wrong, I've not jumped on the bandwagon, I have seen Reading play in all 4 divisions, I have sponsered the matchball twice, I will be back "next week" but today.... I dunno... I just couldnt see it happening and I lost it. And I can see it happening again. I didnt get worried after the Bolton game but today...???

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Coppell lost us that one ...

by Silver Fox » 01 Sep 2007 22:13

Platypuss
Mad Dog's Ghost I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

Or the previous 4, as it happens.

When do we play Direby?

I think even Derby would have beaten us today, I mean West ham weren't all that were they but we just let them walk past us

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 01 Sep 2007 22:22

cmonurz Duberry for Bikey was a ridiculous decision.

I do think that Bikey has that extra yard of pace over Doobs which might just have saved us a goal or two today. Probably not though.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 01 Sep 2007 22:26

What did Coppell do wrong exactly? He picked 11 players who should have been good enough to get something out of that game. You have to look at the players for that performance.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Sep 2007 22:37

Duberry surpassed and probably surprised himself at Old Trafford but should have never started ahead of Bikey today. It cannot help Bikey that every time Duberry gets back from injury he replaces him in the side. Bikey is a real character and seems to enjoy his football. We need that kind of enthusiasm in the side. He is also strong, good in the air and athletic.Get him back in the side SC.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 22:42

In my books Bikey is the better footballer than Dubs, but Bikey does lack in concentration every now & then.

Even tho dubs is ahead of bikey at the moment Bikey is the better long term player & coppell know that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Sep 2007 08:38

Just seen the highlights on MOTD.

Coppell was certainly at fault for picking a right back was was obviously not fit enough yet .

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 02 Sep 2007 09:23

Yep, Murts was off the pace from the start.

Having seen the second goal this morning him and Fae were destroyed by Etherington.

The glimmer of hope is Convey. We actually had an outlet once he was on and he linked up with Shorey quite well. Stick Hunt down the right next game, push Fae in middle for Bryn (who looks like he needs a rest) and get Bikey into that leaden-footed defence.

Sorry if the title of this thread offended. I do trust in Coppell ... the man's a Reading legend. But let's go back to what we do best - neat, tidy attacking down the flanks.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Sep 2007 09:25

just watched it too, Marcus will be unhappy at two of the goals, but overall he made some damned fine stops, on another day he would have kept it to 0-0, so am surprised some are slagging him off.

Crowd was supposed to be quiet as well, I think that is down to us buying players we have never heard of, Fae Cisse, Seol, Bikey, what happens is that the fans do not get excited about the new players, so sit back and want the new players to excite the fans.

Last exciting signing IMHO was Lita, who we all knew could score goals, same buzz when we got Curo all those years ago, it upped the fans right from the start.

All over HNA folk are saying give the new players time, they are not yet prem players, we do not have time, we need to sign players that can play straight away, sadly we did not, except Rosenior, who will be a good assett IMHO, at the moment we are using squad players as first teamers, not what Coppell owuld have wanted.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Sep 2007 09:46

Most players...even the best ones take time to adjust the pace of the Premiership witness Drogba and Ronaldo. So I dont agree Mr Bus with what you say. Most of our team that played yesterday played in the Premiership for much of last season and did well.
There is a lack of confidence at the moment and the balance of the side is not right and we do certainly need to play with the width that has been so succesful in the past so step forward Bobby and reproduce your form of two seasons ago.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Sep 2007 09:58

My point is that we should have signed more players that have the experience in the Prem. However is too late now for a while, so I would hope that the fans get behind what we have, incidents like what RL witnessed yesterday are ludicrous, Shorey stays and idiots go mad at him.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Sep 2007 10:23

There is no man more passionate about Reading Football Club out on that pitch than Graeme Murty. Having said that, you could put me on the pitch and I'd be passionate about RFC, but I can't play football. Murts is consistently off the pace and sadly appears no longer up to Premiership football. I hate saying it because in recent years there is nobody who has contributed more to the cause. However, it's time for him to step down.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Sep 2007 11:40

I don't know why people are going on about Seol for yesterdays game. Coppell came out in his interview midweek and said Seol wouldn't be fit for the game.

Fae played on the right wing for the Ivory Coast and has scored goals from there. We were missing Seol, Oster and Little so its no surprise to anyone that we had to play Fae out of position. We can't push Convey too hard. 120 mins in the cup and 90 minutes in the league may well have seen his knee go again, so theres no point risking him if we have 11 fit players out there.

I think Duberry was always going to come in after we shipped 3 at Boltona and he played well midweek. Once we have all our players up to speed we'll be fine

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell lost us that one ...

by Z175 » 02 Sep 2007 12:10

Mad Dog's Ghost I know we dare not challenge God ...

But, why oh why was Convey not playing when all RFC's recent success has been down to outstanding wing play. Fae ain't a winger.

Why was it left so late for Convey to come on.

Why didn't Kits start. Doyle is right out of sorts. Who honestly thought the pen was going to go in.

Why wasn't our best defender starting the game.

And, said a million times before, but Soel is annoying, yes, but seriously, how many players that started today did you have real confidence in beating their man.

I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

Thats all true, I disagree in the Bikeyloveing, but is strange how SC didn't realise that Bellamy would beat Murts,Shorey,Ivar and Duberry all day.

and yeah our standard ball down channels wasn't working!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Sep 2007 14:47

Who is going to be our right winger this season?

Oster?

Rosenior?

De la cruz?

I dunno.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 02 Sep 2007 14:49

Rosenior at RB behind Oster please.

Skyline

by Skyline » 03 Sep 2007 11:21

shadesrwrf There is no man more passionate about Reading Football Club out on that pitch than Graeme Murty. Having said that, you could put me on the pitch and I'd be passionate about RFC, but I can't play football. Murts is consistently off the pace and sadly appears no longer up to Premiership football. I hate saying it because in recent years there is nobody who has contributed more to the cause. However, it's time for him to step down.

Agreed. I said to the missus after the game that I think Murts may well decide to retire at the end of the season. It'll be a shame as he's been a good player for us through bad times and good, and certainly makes a better captain that Adie Williams ever did, but the reality of football doesn't deal in sentimentality.