Coppell lost us that one ...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2007 16:13

chalks
Stranded
chalks
papereyes So why did they then make a £4 million bid?

:?

we didnt make a bid of 4 million. That statement was spin.

In January, when he leaves you for 6.2m, pm me and apologise young man.

I'd be intrigued to know how you know that the £4m wasn't the true bid and the £6.2m the spin?

someone close to the player on the day after the bid told me, which was over a week before we supposedly bid 4m. As i said, ive no idea why the 4m bid was reported, what i do know for absolute fact is that you have a seriously unhappy player on your books.

A professional one though.

Fair enough, you'll accept if I don't take it at face value mind.

If he goes to your for £6.2 though in Jan, it still won't prove much one way or another - as certainly the public line will be they raised their bid to an acceptable level.

I have no idea to Shorey's mindset, all I do know is that if he wants to leave (esp to you) he will need to continue to perform to the standard he did last season as McCarthy looked decent on Saturday.

Also he knows he can still get in the England squad with us but only if he performs - esp now Lescott is in as well and can also play LB.

SL

by SL » 03 Sep 2007 16:13

brendywendy
chalks
Stranded
chalks

I'd be intrigued to know how you know that the £4m wasn't the true bid and the £6.2m the spin?

someone close to the player on the day after the bid told me, which was over a week before we supposedly bid 4m. As i said, ive no idea why the 4m bid was reported, what i do know for absolute fact is that you have a seriously unhappy player on your books.

West ham offered 85 million for shorey the other day, i was told by my mate, who knows shoreys mum, and all of west ham personally, that
reading accepted the offer, but shorey refused down to not liking the colour of your kit, and thought 85 million was a little below his own valuation of himself.
coppell said shorey is made entirely of custard, and curbishley was quoted as saying we didnt want him anyway.
the whole affair has caused problems in the dressing room with most of our players asking why they arent worth 85 million
apparently after a post match players meeting it was decided they would all go on strike unless coppell breaks football rules and purchases ronaldhino between transfer windows.

I know all of this for 110% absolute total FACT.

:shock:

I heard this too but assumed it was just bollox.

:lol:

chalks

by chalks » 03 Sep 2007 16:39

Stranded
chalks
Stranded
chalks

Fair enough, you'll accept if I don't take it at face value mind.

If he goes to your for £6.2 though in Jan, it still won't prove much one way or another - as certainly the public line will be they raised their bid to an acceptable level.

I have no idea to Shorey's mindset, all I do know is that if he wants to leave (esp to you) he will need to continue to perform to the standard he did last season as McCarthy looked decent on Saturday.

Also he knows he can still get in the England squad with us but only if he performs - esp now Lescott is in as well and can also play LB.

Know what you mean.

Shame all message boards, including our own, KUMB, slate anyone with decent inside info, painting all posters with the same brush.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2007 16:41

Shame all message boards, including our own, KUMB, slate anyone with decent inside info, painting all posters with the same brush.

because there's so many people who find it utterly tattifilarious to post either

a) old news

b) utter codshite

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Sep 2007 16:44

Wonder who Shorey heard about the 6.2 million bid from? I would bet its his Agent who 'guaranteed' him a 6.2 million bid. Then spun it to unsettle Shorey.

It wouldn't be in our interests to downwardly spin bids at all.

The body language from Shorey as opposed to Murty on 'Goals on Sunday' said it all

chalks

by chalks » 03 Sep 2007 16:47

Uke Wonder who Shorey heard about the 6.2 million bid from? I would bet its his Agent who 'guaranteed' him a 6.2 million bid. Then spun it to unsettle Shorey.

The body language from Shorey as opposed to Murty on 'Goals on Sunday' said it all

No idea who 'told' him, but im 99.9% sure it was from Reading officials.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Sep 2007 16:55

Uke Wonder who Shorey heard about the 6.2 million bid from? I would bet its his Agent who 'guaranteed' him a 6.2 million bid. Then spun it to unsettle Shorey.

Don't forget they're quite different characters. Murts is now well acustomed to being on the TV etc whereas Shorey is a lot more reserved and less experienced. His body language is probably more a reflection on his unease at being on a sofa chatting to Kamara infront of the TV camera's as opposed to being rejected a move to West Ham.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Sep 2007 16:58

Hoop Blah

Don't forget they're quite different characters. Murts is now well acustomed to being on the TV etc whereas Shorey is a lot more reserved and less experienced. His body language is probably more a reflection on his unease at being on a sofa chatting to Kamara infront of the TV camera's as opposed to being rejected a move to West Ham.

Ignore his TV appearance, he blatantly isn't giving 100% on the pitch, so we are stuck with an underperforming player until Christmas. The problem for us is he can play in the comfort zone and still probably warrant his place in our team, as we have no serious competition for him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Sep 2007 17:10

chalks

No idea who 'told' him, but im 99.9% sure it was from Reading officials.

Then WHU must have reduced the offer when it was made official or failed to reach the 6.2

Its a strange number 6.2, not a whole round figure like 6.5 or 8 million. If it came from RFC then that would probably have been what we needed to have to get his replacement. When the amount promised verbally wasn't forthcoming from WHU the deal collapsed, just like the Dyer one (you have form here).

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Sep 2007 10:36

Sir Rodney Effing I have to admit that I've been looking for a way to explain to my missus how I feel this evening. 'Shell-shocked' probably sums it up better than anything ....

Yeah same as mate. Today was the first time I have ever walked/stormed/etc out of a Reading game in anger... (yeah ok I've left before the final whistle and all that crap) earley(sic) no I aint proud of myself but I was absolutely livid in there today. I couldnt take any more after Doyle got the ball between his bollocks after his penalty f--- up.

Worst thing was - I wasn't the only one...[/quote]

That was the case with me too. Its only the 2nd time my dad and I have left early (the other time being the Watford game last season) but I couldnt wait to get away on Saturday. In fact we were debating about leaving as soon as the penalty didn't go in. The 3rd goal was coming whether we'd scored the penalty or not, hearing the Hammers fans cheering the 3rd goal came as no surprise..

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Sep 2007 10:42

shadesrwrf There is no man more passionate about Reading Football Club out on that pitch than Graeme Murty. Having said that, you could put me on the pitch and I'd be passionate about RFC, but I can't play football. Murts is consistently off the pace and sadly appears no longer up to Premiership football. I hate saying it because in recent years there is nobody who has contributed more to the cause. However, it's time for him to step down.

Don't enjoy saying this either, but this is Murty's last season as a first team Premiership player, and I've thought that since before the start of the season. Rosenior has been signed as his long-term replacement, and he'll struggle to get back in the team when he gets injured again.

It was a surprise to see both Shorey and Murty in the starting line-up. It looked too soon for both of them. Although we havent really missed him since he got injured, with both Bikey and Duberry stepping up to the plate successfully, thought we really missed Sonko's pace on Saturday.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell lost us that one ...

by rg6royal » 04 Sep 2007 10:58

Mad Dog's Ghost I know we dare not challenge God ...

But, why oh why was Convey not playing when all RFC's recent success has been down to outstanding wing play. Fae ain't a winger.

Why was it left so late for Convey to come on.

Why didn't Kits start. Doyle is right out of sorts. Who honestly thought the pen was going to go in.

Why wasn't our best defender starting the game.

And, said a million times before, but Soel is annoying, yes, but seriously, how many players that started today did you have real confidence in beating their man.

I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

to be fair though i think fae hasn't done too bad considering he has been out of position.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Sep 2007 11:05

I wouldnt be so quick to ridicule what chalks says about Shorey either. It was reported in the press a few weeks ago that we were reluctant to sell Shorey until we'd found a replacement. Alan Smith (ex Palace manager) a friend of Coppell and who was at the game on Saturday (but couldnt say why) said as much on Five Live on their Friday night sports show last week.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Sep 2007 14:01

Hoop Blah

Maybe it was the presence of Clare Tomlinson in such close proximity that was troubling a newly married man! :wink:

Personally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't a small fire burning behind all of this smoke coming from our WHU visitors to this board.

Sadly, regardless of which club they support, the paying fans are rarely told the full story/truth behind transfer dealings. I wouldn't take absolutely everything coming out from RFC as being gospel anymore than I would dismiss absolutely everything coming out of WHU as being complete b*llocks.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 04 Sep 2007 17:11

chalks
SpaceCruiser
chalks
SpaceCruiser
Denver Royal Shorey wanted out

How did you work that one out? I've not seen him state this publicly other than his comments on his contract negotiations and he didn't even say much.

Shorey is very very unhappy with the powers that be at Reading as far as im aware. Not that he'll do a Defoe or Ince and show his displeasure on the filed of course.

What would a Wet Shammer know about this? Or is this the same bullshit Melbguy was peddling? :roll:

Take it as bullshit if you want, but im afraid its not.

Regardless of whatever spin or media stories you read, your club accepted a 6.2m bid for Shorey the Friday before last, and informed both West Ham and your player that the transfer would go ahead as soon as you signed a replacement.

For whatever reason you didnt, and you now have a very very unhappy player on your books, who will be leaving in the next transfer window.

I'll put my tin hat on, because im sure the schoolkids are going to come out on the attack

In a way I hope you are right - at least it would explain why the performance of the whole team was so bad and out of character. On one side of defence you've got a player who might have thought he was moving on and got seriously unsettled by the talk (maybe WHU's bid was designed to do this and no more???) and on the other side you've got an ageing captain who suddenly realises his position is seriously under threat. Both only knew of the changes that had a big affect on their futures only hours before the game and both played like their minds were elsewhere. No wonder we shipped 3 goals.

Sunderland will be very interesting. Which Reading team will turn up I wonder?

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 04 Sep 2007 17:51

rotherwick_royal
chalks
SpaceCruiser
chalks
SpaceCruiser
Denver Royal Shorey wanted out

How did you work that one out? I've not seen him state this publicly other than his comments on his contract negotiations and he didn't even say much.

Shorey is very very unhappy with the powers that be at Reading as far as im aware. Not that he'll do a Defoe or Ince and show his displeasure on the filed of course.

What would a Wet Shammer know about this? Or is this the same bullshit Melbguy was peddling? :roll:

Take it as bullshit if you want, but im afraid its not.

Regardless of whatever spin or media stories you read, your club accepted a 6.2m bid for Shorey the Friday before last, and informed both West Ham and your player that the transfer would go ahead as soon as you signed a replacement.

For whatever reason you didnt, and you now have a very very unhappy player on your books, who will be leaving in the next transfer window.

I'll put my tin hat on, because im sure the schoolkids are going to come out on the attack

In a way I hope you are right - at least it would explain why the performance of the whole team was so bad and out of character. On one side of defence you've got a player who might have thought he was moving on and got seriously unsettled by the talk (maybe WHU's bid was designed to do this and no more???) and on the other side you've got an ageing captain who suddenly realises his position is seriously under threat. Both only knew of the changes that had a big affect on their futures only hours before the game and both played like their minds were elsewhere. No wonder we shipped 3 goals.

Sunderland will be very interesting. Which Reading team will turn up I wonder?

Agreed, i reckon SC may give them a good talking to after the international break and lift them up. i do hope the sh!te performance Reading doesn't appear. We need the points against SunderLOLand.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Sep 2007 17:57

i think lita and kitson needs to be our striking partnership. doyle looks poor this season so far

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 04 Sep 2007 18:04

loyalroyal4life i think lita and kitson needs to be our striking partnership. doyle looks poor this season so far

Heard that Doyler was lacking so far this season. He needs a rest, what with the internationals he's been in etc...

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 04 Sep 2007 20:46

He doesn't need a rest at all, he only played one half of football for ireland against denmark this season, what he needs quite obviously is a goal....and resting him won't deliver that, it'll only affect his confidence even more, crazy!

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 04 Sep 2007 21:48

I think Doyle's carrying a knock. The pacy, strong, all action bundle of energy isn't quite there at the moment. Give Lita and Kitson a chance together.