Would anyone here like to see Coppell sacked?

Billy Whitehurst

Would anyone here like to see Coppell sacked?

by Billy Whitehurst » 04 Oct 2007 23:24

I have always been a firm believer that Reading fans are some of the most intolerent fans out there, only because I cannot believe other supporters are as bad as sections of our fans. I used to stand on the South Bank at Elm Park for many years and there were plenty of people there that used to moan rather than back us.

I have been a full time home fan again now for about 3 seasons (it is very difficult for me to get to away games) and the sighs when we lose the ball drive me nutz.

So, as a test to my theory, does anyone think Reading and Steve should part company after our moderate start ? Come on, be brave as I think there are some of you out there.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 04 Oct 2007 23:27

No chance, he is the Messiah. Even if we went down I wouldn't want Steve to leave, he's done too much for this club to get the boot.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 04 Oct 2007 23:33

He should be sacked immediately and replaced by a committee made up of HNA posters. It's clear that the wisest of them, with experience gathered from a long and successful career on CM, are the only ones with the answers to all of our problems. After signing all the best players in the World, we would be a shoe-in for the Champions League.

Billy Whitehurst

by Billy Whitehurst » 04 Oct 2007 23:37

Just in case my first post has breezed over people's heads, I would think it would be the biggest disgrace since disgraces were invented if he was ever sacked. However, I am willing to bet that people with short minds out there would have him gone. I want to see if there are brave enough people out there to admit it.

I did think about starting the post without stating my position to start a row, but me thinks people would have have got me wrong and chose me as a villian forever.

Don Finch

Re: Would anyone here like to see Coppell sacked?

by Don Finch » 04 Oct 2007 23:47

Billy Whitehurst I... think... Reading and Steve should part company after our moderate start

Are you some sort of plastic??? Jeez, give Coppell a chance FFS, people like you make me angry as hell. :lol:

I know exactly what you're saying, bet there are one or two out there who'd sack him, would be an absolute travesty if that happened. I heard someone saying he was second favourite for the boot after Jol (post Pompey game) - haven't checked this out to see if it's true.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Oct 2007 01:49

He has a job here for life as far as I'm concerned. If we go down so be it I can't think of anyone else who would be able to get us back up with the tight purse strings he has to work with.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 05 Oct 2007 02:05

No!

Jackson Corner He has a job here for life as far as I'm concerned. If we go down so be it I can't think of anyone else who would be able to get us back up with the tight purse strings he has to work with.

Exactly!!

International Royal

by International Royal » 05 Oct 2007 05:50

Coppelled Streets No!

Jackson Corner He has a job here for life as far as I'm concerned. If we go down so be it I can't think of anyone else who would be able to get us back up with the tight purse strings he has to work with.

Exactly!!

This is a wind up. Job for life or as long as he wants it, irrespective of how this season pans out. As for RFC fans being fickle, no worse or better than anyone else. Football is a game of emotion / frustration based around winning. If the big 4 lose 2 on the bounce listen to how they whinge.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 05 Oct 2007 07:06

The only way I can see him leaving is by walking away. I would hope Madejski wouldnt sack him although if Madejski was to leave he may not have much of a chance.

thefruits

by thefruits » 05 Oct 2007 07:14

quite obviously a windup.

Coppell to be sacked.

Utter nonsense.

Even if we go down.

Dickie Davies

by Dickie Davies » 05 Oct 2007 07:33

Folk with less than a 1000 posts should be shot.

Oh...

Billy Whitehurst

by Billy Whitehurst » 05 Oct 2007 07:57

Just in case my first post has breezed over people's heads, I would think it would be the biggest disgrace since disgraces were invented if he was ever sacked. However, I am willing to bet that people with short minds out there would have him gone. I want to see if there are brave enough people out there to admit it.

I did think about starting the post without stating my position to start a row, but me thinks people would have have got me wrong and chose me as a villian forever.

Clearly a bought of blindness has hit this forum

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 05 Oct 2007 08:27

Never been right for the job IMO.

Then there were all those rumours from his time at Man City :roll:

COPPELL OUT

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 05 Oct 2007 08:29

Never should be sacked!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Oct 2007 08:31

Have any of you actually read Billy's post?

:roll:

FWIW, I haven't yet heard anybody openly saying they want Coppell out. But a couple more defeats and they'll start to surface.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 05 Oct 2007 09:05

Billy Whitehurst I have always been a firm believer that Reading fans are some of the most intolerent fans out there, only because I cannot believe other supporters are as bad as sections of our fans. I used to stand on the South Bank at Elm Park for many years and there were plenty of people there that used to moan rather than back us.

I have been a full time home fan again now for about 3 seasons (it is very difficult for me to get to away games) and the sighs when we lose the ball drive me nutz.

So, as a test to my theory, does anyone think Reading and Steve should part company after our moderate start ? Come on, be brave as I think there are some of you out there.

An interesting post to provoke a bit of debate! I'll admit in the past to giving Manager's abuse from the terraces and shouting for them to be sacked such as Branfoot, Bullivant and Burns but never Coppell for I have the upmost respect for what he has achieved.

As an add on to this, I would be more interested to know how many fans think it is now time for Madjeski to lay his cards on the table and declare really what his intentions are. Clearly the lack of investment in the current team is down to either the Board for their wage policy or Coppell for insisting he was happy with what he had. I would love to know the truth!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Oct 2007 09:15

Billy Whitehurst I have always been a firm believer that Reading fans are some of the most intolerent fans out there, only because I cannot believe other supporters are as bad as sections of our fans. I used to stand on the South Bank at Elm Park for many years and there were plenty of people there that used to moan rather than back us.

Have you ever stood in the home sections at other clubs? In my experience they aren't much different and we are no worse. Not surprising really because football fans, certainly within the UK, tend to be pretty much the same breed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Oct 2007 09:40

RoyalBlue

Have you ever stood (sorry sat, nowadays!) in the home sections at other clubs? In my experience they aren't much different and we are no worse. Not surprising really because football fans, certainly within the UK, tend to be pretty much the same breed.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Oct 2007 09:52

NO

HTH

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 05 Oct 2007 09:58

Tilehurst Mike

An interesting post to provoke a bit of debate! I'll admit in the past to giving Manager's abuse from the terraces and shouting for them to be sacked such as Branfoot, Bullivant and Burns but never Coppell for I have the upmost respect for what he has achieved.

As an add on to this, I would be more interested to know how many fans think it is now time for Madjeski to lay his cards on the table and declare really what his intentions are. Clearly the lack of investment in the current team is down to either the Board for their wage policy or Coppell for insisting he was happy with what he had. I would love to know the truth!

Spot on - I have nothing against Coppell & the bloke has been top drawer for us since he has arrived. No other Manager could get us to where we are today.

However, he has taken this team as far as it can go & honestly think with the current crope of players & the lack in squad depth, we are really going to struggle. That being the case, fingers have to be pointed at Madejski.

Yes he is the saviour of Reading Football Club & has done wonderful things for our club to get us where we are, but he has to open his eyes & realise INVESTEMENT IN THE TEAM is essential if he wants us to compete @ this level. Yes the funds for players might be there, but if we aren't going to pay the wages then they will not come. Hence why we are the lowest payers in the entire league.