Would anyone here like to see Coppell sacked?

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 05 Oct 2007 13:09

i dont think anyone in their right minds really want sir steve out, so what we've had a bad start but we wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for him and i have total faith he knows what he's doing to turn our perfomances around and get back up the table where we belong.
so when sunday comes how about everyone on their feet for "stand up for steve coppel"

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Oct 2007 13:33

No

HTH

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Oct 2007 13:34

No way should he be sacked.

I am disgusted that anyone feels that the question even needs to be raised!

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Oct 2007 13:36

Behindu
Katie Marsden Coppell will quit if he gets us relegated. He's not here for the long term. Once Brighton get their new ground he'll end up back there. He clearly loves that part of the world and holds Brighton in much higher regard than he does Reading.

1/10 - very poor.

Tune in soon for the next episode of "What Katie Said Next" :roll:

Duke the Dog

by Duke the Dog » 05 Oct 2007 13:39

He won't be sacked, he'd do the honourable thing and walk first.

I don't want to see him go either way.

Who would replace him, I can't think of anyone who would a) want the job b) get close to being as good!!

Getting new "big" players to join isn't solely down to Coppell. It's the wages and the profile of the club that come into play as well. Besides if an ex-Man U and England hero can't attract people, who can!?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 05 Oct 2007 13:40

Duke the Dog He won't be sacked, he'd do the honourable thing and walk first.

that's what I think.

actually I think he'll go if we go down tbh

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 05 Oct 2007 13:45

rotherwick_royal
Behindu
Katie Marsden Coppell will quit if he gets us relegated. He's not here for the long term. Once Brighton get their new ground he'll end up back there. He clearly loves that part of the world and holds Brighton in much higher regard than he does Reading.

1/10 - very poor.

I think you'll fine he would walk if we got relegated, anyone that believes he would remain in charge is seriously deluded.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Oct 2007 13:47

Katie Marsden
rotherwick_royal
Behindu

1/10 - very poor.

I think you'll fine he would walk if we got relegated, anyone that believes he would remain in charge is seriously deluded.

I suspect he would offer to go, but that may not be accepted.

Doesn't explain the rest of the rubbish in your post though.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Oct 2007 13:50

Katie Marsden
rotherwick_royal
Behindu

1/10 - very poor.

I agree with you - I was just laughing at the Brighton wind-up!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Oct 2007 13:56

rotherwick_royal
Katie Marsden
rotherwick_royal
Behindu

1/10 - very poor.

Cant agree more...there are only a few clubs that Coppell would want to manage over us and Brighton certianly isnt one of them.. I you said Palace on the other hand!!
I agree with you - I was just laughing at the Brighton wind-up!

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 05 Oct 2007 14:21

Our biggest worry is that Steve will leave because he becomes disillusioned. Reading's best ever manager. I think, right now, unless things change there is a damn good chance we will go down but the most stupid mistake we could make is to change the managerial team even if we are relegated. Good post for prompting debate though.

Duke the Dog

by Duke the Dog » 05 Oct 2007 14:45

The "not here for the long term" got me googling and Coppell is the nineth (IMHO) longest serving manager in the top 4 divisions! Only Ling, Coleman (no, not THAT one), Turner, Ferguson, Wenger, Moyes, Bruce and Gradi have been around longer.

Fifth longest in the top 2!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Oct 2007 14:54

I guarantee some new fans will believe that coppell should be sacked and are wondering why Reading are not in the top 10, after all we finished 8th!

However, Coppell has moved the club on in phenominal waves and I can't think or even imagine a better replacement. He has my full backing. If he doesn't buy players, I trust him, if he does, I trust him.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Oct 2007 15:48

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 05 Oct 2007 16:36

FUKC OFF YOU CNUT

gawwwww, pathetic, coppell is our best manager ever

just pathetic

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Would anyone here like to see Coppell sacked?

by Millsy » 05 Oct 2007 17:33

Billy Whitehurst I have always been a firm believer that Reading fans are some of the most intolerent fans out there, only because I cannot believe other supporters are as bad as sections of our fans. I used to stand on the South Bank at Elm Park for many years and there were plenty of people there that used to moan rather than back us.

I have been a full time home fan again now for about 3 seasons (it is very difficult for me to get to away games) and the sighs when we lose the ball drive me nutz.

So, as a test to my theory, does anyone think Reading and Steve should part company after our moderate start ? Come on, be brave as I think there are some of you out there.

Three pages.

And only your thirteenth post.

Well done, Sir!

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 05 Oct 2007 18:10

Definitely not.

Even if we end up getting relegated we should not part with Coppell.

The club is geared up around him and I am a true believer of giving someone time to create something really good. Even if there are a few bad moments along the way.

Just look at Arsenal and ManUre. They wouldn't be where they are without the consistency of a manager and a vision - and sticking by that.
Liverpool are slowly progressing under Benitez as manager, too. It's the consistent building that counts.
If Coppell left things would probably get a whole lot worse.

Billy Whitehurst

by Billy Whitehurst » 05 Oct 2007 19:23

There are three more replies on this page that actually make you wonder if they read the whole thread and understand English.

You might be right Northern Git, as I have no point of reference. It really does irritate me but perhaps it is worse in other places. I am not saying we should not be passionate, but the pathetic gripes from some must filter to the pitch and dishearten a few.

Cookie

by Cookie » 05 Oct 2007 20:07

Vision http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1128162,00.html

We've got nearly 200 games under our belt with Coppell at the helm.

That's

WON 48%
Drawn 23%
LOST 29%

He's a God.

Oh and I'm particularly impressed by our record against Oxford United under him. :)

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 05 Oct 2007 22:37

Job for life lol . Coppell should be dictator of the universe, not just RFC manager, we're soooooo lucky we got him for 2 years. Then we're going all they way down to League 2!