*Confirmed* Glenn Little out for 4-6 months

Daniella

by Daniella » 04 Oct 2007 01:26

Think this is the end of Glen, he's just too injury prone.
By far the best winger I've seen in a reading shirt though and will be a sad day when he officially hangs up his boots. I fear that might be this summer to be honest.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Oct 2007 15:40

Latest on Little.

Glen Little went under the knife on Wednesday for an achilles operation.

Coppell on official site I spoke to Glen out in Sweden this morning but i wish i hadn't because my phone bill will be enormous

He tells me he's on Episode 23 of the first series of Prison Break, with another seris to go, he can't move much!

John Fearn was over with him and bought back some beautiful photos on his phone. They've cleaned up the wound, the scar tissue.

We've got great confidence in the surgeon, Glen will be out there until Monday and then he comes back to start his rehab.

We're happy with how its gone, if we had our time again we'd do things differently but we thought we could fix it. We had to be more radical in the end

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Oct 2007 15:44

Daniella Think this is the end of Glen, he's just too injury prone.
By far the best winger I've seen in a reading shirt though and will be a sad day when he officially hangs up his boots. I fear that might be this summer to be honest.

If that was the case I ssupect Geln wouldn;t be bothering with the op. At his age you don;t have such major surgery unless the prognosis is good. No point going through the pain and the hours of rehab if there is no chance of getting back into football.
If you are 20 you'll do anything to try and get fit again, at 34 you think differently.
Of course it may not work, but I think it is a positive sign that he's had the op and look forward to a few cameos towards the end of the season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Oct 2007 15:53

I think Glen will be back this season to play a part in a handful of games towards the end!! Until then let him enjoy watching prison break :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Oct 2007 16:07

Behindu
Daniella Think this is the end of Glen, he's just too injury prone.

If that was the case I ssupect Geln wouldn;t be bothering with the op. At his age you don;t have such major surgery unless the prognosis is good. No point going through the pain and the hours of rehab if there is no chance of getting back into football.

It really depends on how serious the injury is. It's just possible that without surgery he might struggle to recover to the extent that he could live a normal active life, let alone play professional football.

However, just for once, I'm hoping you are proved to be right! :wink:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Oct 2007 16:36

RoyalBlue
It really depends on how serious the injury is. It's just possible that without surgery he might struggle to recover to the extent that he could live a normal active life, let alone play professional football.

However, just for once, I'm hoping you are proved to be right! :wink:

I don't think it is that sort of injury. He seems to have been getting back into light trainingthen not being able to step up, and he seems to be walking around OK.
We shall see - I too would like to be right for once ! maybe we can compare notes in 6 months time !!

Daniella

by Daniella » 05 Oct 2007 18:54

When he gets back his other will go. I love glen little but he's injury prone. Some player's are just like that, darren anderton, kieron dyer, etc They are just cursed and thats the way it is. Been a cracking player for the club but at his age we've seen his best days, even if he does ever get match fit again.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Oct 2007 14:23

Lets face it, if you are a club, in the Premiership, and John Oster is the best option you have...you are struggling and you are in trouble. End of.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Oct 2007 20:16

Denver Royal Lets face it, if you are a club, in the Premiership, and John Oster is the best option you have...you are struggling and you are in trouble. End of.

Let's see what you say when Oster gets a couple of crucial assists over the next couple of matches...

Daniella

by Daniella » 06 Oct 2007 20:28

Im a fan of oster personally. He's the only player apart from little and Kitson with a premiership brain. He always plays the ball ahead of players where they should be running, rather than where they are stood. He likes to play with pace. The goal against blackburn we conceded went down as a bad ball, but if shorey was attacking where he should of been he would of got there first and had space. He's clever with his passes and he can beat players. Can't wait until oster is back.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 06 Oct 2007 20:39

Daniella Im a fan of oster personally. He's the only player apart from little and Kitson with a premiership brain. He always plays the ball ahead of players where they should be running, rather than where they are stood. He likes to play with pace. The goal against blackburn we conceded went down as a bad ball, but if shorey was attacking where he should of been he would of got there first and had space. He's clever with his passes and he can beat players. Can't wait until oster is back.

Certainly agree with that. Oster's only start this season, he was fantastic against Chelsea-shocking decision to drop him for the Everton game and for what its worth, if he hadn't been dropped he probably wouldn't have picked up the injury he did, in theory

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Oct 2007 20:47

Archie's penalty
Denver Royal Lets face it, if you are a club, in the Premiership, and John Oster is the best option you have...you are struggling and you are in trouble. End of.

Let's see what you say when Oster gets a couple of crucial assists over the next couple of matches...

If that happens, then I'll say well done Oster.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 06 Oct 2007 23:43

Denver Royal
Archie's penalty

Oster is a good player but over does it a lot in my opinion, he does tend to try and over do it sometimes with passes which puts us in danger, usually in the middle of the park. I.e Bentleys goal against us last season

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 06 Oct 2007 23:51

Good job we signed a right winger in the transfer window then 8)

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 07 Oct 2007 12:16

The whole year inn Good job we signed a right winger in the transfer window then 8)

Exactly, the whole Glenn Little situation (his injury and lack of replacements) is a monumental fcuk up from the manager and backroom staff.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 14:46

Scarface
The whole year inn Good job we signed a right winger in the transfer window then 8)

Exactly, the whole Glenn Little situation (his injury and lack of replacements) is a monumental fcuk up from the manager and backroom staff.

8)

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 07 Oct 2007 21:50

Denver Royal
Archie's penalty

Oster is a good player but over does it a lot in my opinion, he does tend to try and over do it sometimes with passes which puts us in danger, usually in the middle of the park. I.e Bentleys goal against us last season

Point proven a bit today, though was his first game back for a while

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Oct 2007 22:55

Denver Royal
Archie's penalty

Even in that time it was still the archetypal Oster performance - that's as good as it gets.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 22:56

Platypuss
Denver Royal
Archie's penalty

Even in that time it was still the archetypal Oster performance - that's as good as it gets.
rattled them about a bit tho'

g

by g » 08 Oct 2007 09:55

doesnt seem it ever gets better for glen

Reading winger Glen Little delayed his flight home from Sweden following Achilles tendon surgery because of a deep vein thrombosis scare. (The Sun)