Royals v Blackburn Match thread

384 posts
Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 20 Oct 2007 17:10

Royal Rother
Coppell's Right Footed 11 If any realistic Reading fans are here they will know we should of lost to Wigan and were fortunate against Derby.

Complete bollocks imho.

How an earth is that bollocks? unless you left 5 minutes before the end did you happen to miss Both Marcus Bents and Julius Aghahowas misses?

Against Derby we were lucky they were poor in attacking positions as they had us three on two on many occasions in that second half

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:10

Royal Rother
Coppell's Right Footed 11 If any realistic Reading fans are here they will know we should of lost to Wigan and were fortunate against Derby.

Complete bollocks imho.

CRF 11 is right, a moment of genious won us the game against wigan, and we were on the back foot for most of the game against derby

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Oct 2007 17:11

That Friday Feeling Still 12th :?

We'll need to perform against the other also-rans. Everyone below us (except Spurs) should be in the mix come the sharp end of the season.

A good home record should see us suffering again next season.

I agree with you but it's pretty painful ain't it? A friend of mine who's at the match's verdict: '2nd half ok. 1st half I'll forget. Forever.' Says it all really...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2007 17:12

We are certainly going to be in a relegation battle probably along with 7/8 other sides. The disappointing thing is that we seem to be pushovers away from home and already beaten by half time.
The positives are that Doyle is cleary getting back to form with 3 Prem goals in 1 1/2 games. He has to start against Newcastle.
We just have to hope we have enough points in January to strengthen but even then we are then hoping new players want to come to the club and if they do will they fit in and make an immediate impact?
We have now conceded as many goals as Derby.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Oct 2007 17:13

winchester_royal ................. and we were on the back foot for most of the game against derby

You couldn't have been at the game!!!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2007 17:14

3rd of November v Fulham will be a crucial match and a crucial indicator for the rest of the season - away at one of the teams we MUST beat.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:15

Gordons Cumming
winchester_royal ................. and we were on the back foot for most of the game against derby

You couldn't have been at the game!!!

i was, im not saying they had chances, but in the 2nd half they had most of the possesion

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2007 17:19

Dirk Gently 3rd of November v Fulham will be a crucial match and a crucial indicator for the rest of the season - away at one of the teams we MUST beat.

As long as we dont lose at their place and beat them at home would be good enough for me. Given that a lot of teams are already struggling to average more than a point per game we may not need more than 37/38 points to survive this season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Oct 2007 17:21

If we were bottom and losing in this manner then there would be precious few reasons for any positivity. The fact is we are not. We are winning the games we should expect to win and none of the other strugglers are picking up points against the upper echelons.

Sad but it looks we are really getting 3 very separate mini-Leagues this year. Unfortunately it looks like we are in the bottom tier this season but I think I would rather be in our shoes than anyone below us except for Spurs.

We are scoring goals. they are not.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 20 Oct 2007 17:22

Royal Rother If we were bottom and losing in this manner then there would be precious few reasons for any positivity. The fact is we are not. We are winning the games we should expect to win and none of the other strugglers are picking up points against the upper echelons.

Sad but it looks we are really getting 3 very separate mini-Leagues this year. Unfortunately it looks like we are in the bottom tier this season but I think I would rather be in our shoes than anyone below us except for Spurs.

Fair point.

Still worried though

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2007 17:26

Royal Rother If we were bottom and losing in this manner then there would be precious few reasons for any positivity. The fact is we are not. We are winning the games we should expect to win and none of the other strugglers are picking up points against the upper echelons.

I was going to post something similar - yes we're pretty crap at the back, but I'm confident that we'll be safe, since there are certainly 3 teams even worse than us, and they're crap in defence and attack.

And definitely the the gap between the Euro-contenders and the relegation candidates seems to be bigger this year than ever before, but there are more teams in the latter group than for a while.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2007 17:31

SC has just taken full responsibility for this by choosing the wrong first half formation.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:32

Dirk Gently SC has just taken full responsibility for this by choosing the wrong first half formation.

fair play to him, at least he didnt blame the international break :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2007 17:36

winchester_royal
Dirk Gently SC has just taken full responsibility for this by choosing the wrong first half formation.

He did mention it - "3 of our 5 away games have been coming off the international break".

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:38

Dirk Gently
winchester_royal

He did mention it - "3 of our 5 away games have been coming off the international break".
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2007 17:40

Dirk Gently
winchester_royal

Its flimsy stuff for SC to mention that...SC is a better manager than that. All Premiership clubs are in the same boat and those playing in the UEFA cup have a load more matches to play.
International breaks apply throughout and he has to stop mentioning that.
We were beaten by a better side irrespective of where some of our players were last week.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 20 Oct 2007 17:44

PEARCEY
Dirk Gently
winchester_royal

Its flimsy stuff for SC to mention that...SC is a better manager than that. All Premiership clubs are in the same boat and those playing in the UEFA cup have a load more matches to play.
We were beaten by a better side irrespective of where some of our players were last week.

It's not just how tired the players are, it's how long you have to prepare them for the game.

If players have to travel straight to an away game then they don't have as much preperation time on the training ground.l

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 20 Oct 2007 17:45

We are shipping in goals at an alarming rate and now pretty consistently. The worry is that at the back its not one or two who are a cause for concern but pretty much the whole back line- Hanehmann beggining to flap and has slow reactions,Murty looking slow and out of his depth,Shorey clearly not playing to his potential and not adding an attacking threat,Ingi getting turned easily and looking way out of his depth,Duberry who in my opinion has been the better of the rest but is still prone to the odd error and Sonko who will take time to get used to playing top flight football after a nasty injury. Clearly Wally has his work cut out as he is having to plug several holes, you would hope players like Shorey,Sonko and Duberry could get back up to speed but with players like Murty,Ingi and Hanehmann to an extent now are we just flogging a dead horse??.

As i have said earlier i think we should just forget about our away form as i am sure we will pick up minimum points this season, we need to make sure we are at it from the start at home and this means a considerable amount of support from all of us at every home game in spite of our form- the home games will determine whether we stay in this division.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:47

holsgrove breaks a leg We are shipping in goals at an alarming rate and now pretty consistently. The worry is that at the back its not one or two who are a cause for concern but pretty much the whole back line- Hanehmann beggining to flap and has slow reactions,Murty looking slow and out of his depth,Shorey clearly not playing to his potential and not adding an attacking threat,Ingi getting turned easily and looking way out of his depth,Duberry who in my opinion has been the better of the rest but is still prone to the odd error and Sonko who will take time to get used to playing top flight football after a nasty injury. Clearly Wally has his work cut out as he is having to plug several holes, you would hope players like Shorey,Sonko and Duberry could get back up to speed but with players like Murty,Ingi and Hanehmann to an extent now are we just flogging a dead horse??.

As i have said earlier i think we should just forget about our away form as i am sure we will pick up minimum points this season, we need to make sure we are at it from the start at home and this means a considerable amount of support from all of us at every home game in spite of our form- the home games will determine whether we stay in this division.

here here!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Oct 2007 17:54

PEARCEY
Dirk Gently
winchester_royal

He actually said "3 of our 5 away games have been coming off the international break, but that's no excuse..."

384 posts