54%

Total votes: 111
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Nov 2007 17:03

Behindu
Alan Partridge Yes he did, Seol got battered on these forums. He didn't ge tmuch if any support from the fans and it MAY have aided his decision.

Oster isn't the same type, he's not as good.

Little is a similar type to seol but unfortunately won't play for Reading again.

Bizarre, less than positive comments on nerdy football site drive international footballer out of club !!
Do you REALLY believe that !!

There isn't a player at the club that hasn't had a bit of flak from time to time (go on, which current Reading player has had 100% coverage on here....)

Oster is the same type. Why say he isn;t ?

Nice to see your medical diagnosis of Little. It's wrong by the way !

The difference with Seol. it wasn't just on the message board. I remember him getting booed off. Because Oster does tackle, does 'put himself about' I would say of the 3 (little, seol, oster) he's the most capable of defending. That's why he's been able to play central midfield to a decent level too.

We'll see on Little.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 17:12

Alan Partridge We'll see on Little.

Indeed, we're both just guessing although I would guess we both want the same outcome...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Nov 2007 17:13

Behindu
Alan Partridge We'll see on Little.

Indeed, we're both just guessing although I would guess we both want the same outcome...

We certainly do.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Nov 2007 17:27

Oster a tackler AP?
I can't say that I have ever seen it.
I agree that Seol and Little are not renowned tacklers.

I also agree with your point about fans wanting 90% perspiration but I would say ALL fans and not just Reading fans.
BTW for all his bluster and charging around Hunt is not much of a tackler either.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Nov 2007 17:28

We are much better off long-term with Rosenior than having Seol.

Seems that people have already forgotten what a lazy pr*ck Seol was.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Nov 2007 17:28

Victor Meldrew Oster a tackler AP?

I also agree with your point about fans wanting 90% perspiration but I would say ALL fans and not just Reading fans.
BTW for all his bluster and charging around Hunt is not much of a tackler either.

Whatever.................

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Nov 2007 17:30

Victor Meldrew Oster a tackler AP?

He tackles more than the other two, think i just meant better defensively. Thats the reason he can central midfield as well.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Nov 2007 19:59

It comes as no surprise to me to see Rosenior currently edging this poll. I think many of you would prefer a Championship standard team of triers that we seem to be trying to assemble at RFC these days.

Here's some food for thought - Seol's strike rate for Reading was far, far greater than the sainted Glenn Little's.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 20:06

floyd__streete Here's some food for thought - Seol's strike rate for Reading was far, far greater than the sainted Glenn Little's.

What thought is that supposed to feed ?

Little is far, far better player than Seol will ever be.

Goals from Little are a bonus, his job is to create, and i would lay odds that he created far, far more goals for us than Seol ever did.

I'm also bemused at the concept that we are assembling a Championship standard team. Presumably the fact that the team is more than holding it's own in the Premiership is further testament to the god like status of Steve Coppell.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Nov 2007 20:07

It would have been nice to keep both players. I understand that Rosenior was out of favor at Fullham at the time. I wonder if we could have just bought Rosenior without giving up Seol?

I voted for Seol, but too soon to tell with Rosenior. Liam could blossom once he gets indoctrinated in Coppellism.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Nov 2007 20:19

Alan Partridge
Behindu
Alan Partridge But 90% of Reading fans prefer 'triers'. Sad state of affairs.

Not as sad as not realising you need both types.

A team full of Seol's would win you nothing.

A team full of Roseniors would win you nothing.

so why is it that we get ONE of the 'Seol types' in our team and they get slaughtered by the fans until they go?
Lita is next on this list btw.

Complete b*llocks. The only way you can compare the two is they both (I think) wanted or want away. Lita is not being hounded out for his talent but for his attitude.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Nov 2007 20:31

Behindu I'm also bemused at the concept that we are assembling a Championship standard team.

Well, it's an opinion rather than a concept as such! I have seen precisely 135 minutes of good football from Reading this season. I believe that those who have left us (Sidwell and Seol) have been replaced by inferior products (Gunnarsson/Cisse/Fae and, erm, a right back playing right midfield). I also rather suspect we're going to have a very good go at being relegated this season and the fact that many of these pages have trotted out the three worse teams line of abject complacency makes me suspect that I am not alone in thinking this.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 20:37

floyd__streete
Behindu I'm also bemused at the concept that we are assembling a Championship standard team.

Well, it's an opinion rather than a concept as such! I have seen precisely 135 minutes of good football from Reading this season. I believe that those who have left us (Sidwell and Seol) have been replaced by inferior products (Gunnarsson/Cisse/Fae and, erm, a right back playing right midfield). I also rather suspect we're going to have a very good go at being relegated this season and the fact that many of these pages have trotted out the three worse teams line of abject complacency makes me suspect that I am not alone in thinking this.

135 minutes - that's 3 halves.
Which 3 halves are you refering too ?
I'd be interested as to which bits of the Man Utd / Chelsea / Newcastle games you are excluding. There was also some decent stuff for 15 minutes at Sunderland, some reasonable spells amongst the carnage at Pompey and whilst I wasn;t at Blackburn there were at least acouple of good minutes there from what I hear.

I'm an optimist at heart and disagree with your analysis, which is good becasue if we all agreed we'd be bored silly after 5 minutes.
I want to see Convey back and playing regularly and think we will win plenty of points without relying on Derby , Fulham, Boro et al to let us off the hook.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Nov 2007 20:47

Behindu 135 minutes - that's 3 halves.
Which 3 halves are you refering too ?
I'd be interested as to which bits of the Man Utd / Chelsea / Newcastle games you are excluding.

1st half Chelsea, all of Newcastle. Manchester United wasn't exactly good football per se was it, although I appreciated what we set out to do and achieved; let us be honest though we were rather fortunate on several ocassions during that game.

I am not particularly interested in us playing well in part of games we have already long since lost because teams do naturally tend to ease off when gifted the healthy lead Reading tend to generously dish out on their travels these days. Blackburn, for instance, snoozed their way through the second 45 which gave us a hollow '2-1 victory' for the half. I take very few positives from that as the shambles of the first half had already long since lost us the chance to take anything from that game. Fair play to our players for not giving up, but if they had thought about throwing in the towel for the generous wage they are paid I'd have lynched them.

Behindu I want to see Convey back and playing regularly

Finally, we agree on something :wink:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Nov 2007 21:13

Alan Partridge at right midfield Seol
at right back Rosenior

First reply, and spot on right away.

Two very different players, and it will only be sentimentality that sees Murty play a few more times for Reading. Rosenior will be our first-choice right back at the start of next season, whatever division we are in.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 01 Nov 2007 22:02

Boooooooooooooo

(feel better now)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Nov 2007 00:24

some of the stuff being said on this thread is quite pathetic

seol - a talented player who was moody at times but occasionally turned the game for us, without him we would have finished much lower down in the table......those who slag him off should remember how hard andy hughes tried and remember how far he got us

rosenior - a defender, not a RW....was brought in as a long term replacement for murty, not as a replacement for seol. He has said in recent interviews how much he likes defending. Therefore until he has played a couple of games i think calling him 'very poor' is disgraceful from his own fans

rant over

Seol Man

by Seol Man » 02 Nov 2007 06:03

I'm a Seol Man. I'm a Seol Man.

Got what I got the hard way,
And I make it better, each and every day,
So honey, said don't you fret,
'Cause you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh, we're not going to see anything though are we? We sold him. :?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Nov 2007 08:14

floyd__streete

You are such a pessimist Floyd.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Nov 2007 08:29

The ironic thing about all this is that Seol left because he wanted a regular place in the team. Had he stayed he could well have played every game this year, probably more than he's played for Fulham.

It's not a like-for-like comparison anyway. I would choose Rosenior over Seol but we need a right wing more than a right back. No doubt about about Seol's talent, but like nearly everyone else I questioned his commitment. Just because you are good at what you do doesn't mean you can sit back and relax. Would anybody else get away with that without people thinking they're not up to the job?