46%
Rosenior
54%

Total votes: 111
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Nov 2007 01:55

International Royal
Bowman's Quiver I'm not quite sure how this topic morphed into a discussion about the attributes, attitude and actions of our man Leroy but such is HNA? world.

Back to the original debate. I liked Seol. I think all clubs at this level need and can afford to carry one player who might be described as a dilettante, capable of doing extraordinary things even if it's just the once in every game. Just occasionally that one thing leads to something spectacular and result defining.

In an age of prozone, media scrutiny and predicability, I think the sport needs that type of player, even with the inevitable baggage and disappointment that follow them.

Seol had that ability but as others have said he bears poor comparison to Glen Little who is undoubtedly the best right winger I've ever seen in the flesh. If his career had been less injury hit he'd surely have played for his country.

As for Rosenior it's far too early to make judgements although I'm sure a few fans will.

I agree that we want to see skill. Little has it in spades and during the Championship season was sublime.

You can carry a player, but Seol wasn't good enough to be carried. Many of us have played for teams, whether Saturdays, Sundays, pub teams, in the forces, wherever. In those teams you know who the best player is and if he's a little idle (Seol or Jetlag was extremely lazy) you let it go, he was the best player. Most of us were piano shifters (at whatever level) and know you need piano players. The only problem is that Seol couldn't read music!

So I would take Rosenior any day but still hope for some more Little cameos.

An obscure metaphor but I'll let it pass.

International Royal

by International Royal » 03 Nov 2007 02:00

Archie's penalty
International Royal
Bowman's Quiver I'm not quite sure how this topic morphed into a discussion about the attributes, attitude and actions of our man Leroy but such is HNA? world.

Back to the original debate. I liked Seol. I think all clubs at this level need and can afford to carry one player who might be described as a dilettante, capable of doing extraordinary things even if it's just the once in every game. Just occasionally that one thing leads to something spectacular and result defining.

In an age of prozone, media scrutiny and predicability, I think the sport needs that type of player, even with the inevitable baggage and disappointment that follow them.

Seol had that ability but as others have said he bears poor comparison to Glen Little who is undoubtedly the best right winger I've ever seen in the flesh. If his career had been less injury hit he'd surely have played for his country.

As for Rosenior it's far too early to make judgements although I'm sure a few fans will.

I agree that we want to see skill. Little has it in spades and during the Championship season was sublime.

You can carry a player, but Seol wasn't good enough to be carried. Many of us have played for teams, whether Saturdays, Sundays, pub teams, in the forces, wherever. In those teams you know who the best player is and if he's a little idle (Seol or Jetlag was extremely lazy) you let it go, he was the best player. Most of us were piano shifters (at whatever level) and know you need piano players. The only problem is that Seol couldn't read music!

I thought that myself, after the the fact, not sure where I was going with that......

International Royal

by International Royal » 03 Nov 2007 02:01

Archie's penalty
International Royal

I thought that myself, after the the fact, not sure where I was going with that......

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Nov 2007 10:23

:? i must still be drunk. i don't get it. i'm going back to bed