Readingfanman Arsenal (h) lose
Man City (a) Lose
Middlesborough (h) win
Liverpool (h) Lose
Birmingham (a) Draw
Sunderland (h) Win
West ham (a) Draw

8 points.

Go along with your predictions apart from the last one. I think the Hammers will do us but still 7 points will give us 20 after 19 games and on course for safety.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 05 Nov 2007 19:23

g Arsenal (h) Lose
Manchester City (a) Lose
Middlesbrough (h) draw
Liverpool (h) Lose
Birmingham (a) lose
Sunderland (h) draw
West Ham (a) Lose

Sounds like a lot of indigestion in my future g. Here is my ridiculously optomistic view:

Arsenal (h) draw
Manchester City (a) loss
Middlesbrough (h) win
Liverpool (h) loss
Birmingham (a) win
Sunderland (h) win
West Ham (a) loss

We will nick a point from either Arsenal or Liverpool. We need to get all six against Birmingham and Sunderland. Our play will improve as Coppell makes some changes in our starting XI. We have played two games with Doyle on the right and I think that continues. More changes will come starting this week.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 05 Nov 2007 19:31

Bet 365:
Reading 5/1
Draw 11/4
Arsenal 1/2

A packed madhouse under the lights and on our day we could sneak this one against the odds. >RTG mode off <

Cookie

Re: Next 7 games

by Cookie » 05 Nov 2007 19:53

cmonurz So where will we be at half-way? 7 games to go.

Arsenal (h) Lose
Manchester City (a) Lose
Middlesbrough (h) Win
Liverpool (h) Lose
Birmingham (a) Draw
Sunderland (h) Win
West Ham (a) Lose

7 points would put us on 20 after 19 games. Relegation form, just, but this season we do seem to have a large number of absolutely shite teams, ourselves included.

Derby I am sure will go down. Outside of that Wigan are struggling, but do look a decent side when they pick themselves up (like us). Spurs will surely pull themselves away, and Bolton have a lot of quality in their side.

Bottom four for me (in any order) - Derby, Wigan, Sunderland, Reading.

So Borough and Fulham have done enough to convince you out of giving them bottom four status?? Huh! We'll see.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 05 Nov 2007 20:26

Arsenal (h) Lose
Manchester City (a) Lose
Middlesbrough (h) Win
Liverpool (h) Lose
Birmingham (a) Draw
Sunderland (h) Win
West Ham (a) Lose

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Nov 2007 07:54

PEARCEY I would settle for 20 points from 19 games because there are a lot of teams now struggling to average a point per game ratio that I believe 40 points will be sufficient for safety and even 38 points may be enough this time around.

As I posted on another thread - in only 2 out of the last 9 season has 40 points not been enough for safety and the average points for safety in those 9 seasons has been 37.

As I've also been saying since before the Newcastle game, 20 points by Xmas day is gettable and should stand us in good stead for the second half of the season. My expectations for the games from Newcastle to Sunderland were:

Beat Middlesbrough and Sunderland
Get 4 points from Newcastle, Fulham (a) & Birmingham (a)
Get sod all from Arsenal, Citeh (a) & Liverpool

So we're still on track!!!

Don't forget we've also got Bolton, Birmingham and Fulham all at home after Christmas so its not all doom and gloom.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Nov 2007 08:13

Arsenal (h) Lose
Manchester City (a) Lose
Middlesbrough (h) Win
Liverpool (h) Draw
Birmingham (a) Draw
Sunderland (h) Win
West Ham (a) Lose

21 points after 19 games

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Nov 2007 09:43

Exactly, we really need to break the 20 point mark by the final whistle on boxing day, which means 8 points from our next 7 games. If we can do that we should be have our heads still above the water level.

Trouble is the nature of the games coming up puts a lot of pressure on the Middlesborough and Sunderland visits.

Here's to getting an unexpected set of points somewhere amongst that lot.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 06 Nov 2007 10:18

Er! football cliche alert, all well and good speculating about the next seven, but taking one game at a time is how the professionals approach fixtures.

The situation will change all the time with other team's results to be factored in, perhaps we should concentrate our efforts accordingly, treat each game as a cup final, get the player's mentality fixed and focussed on each one.

We cannot influence other team's results and a positive mental attitude all round, players, manager and fans is the only productive thing to do collectively.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 06 Nov 2007 11:08

three

Fred Sharpe's Nose

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 06 Nov 2007 11:15

sucatraps Er! football cliche alert, all well and good speculating about the next seven, but taking one game at a time is how the professionals approach fixtures.

The situation will change all the time with other team's results to be factored in, perhaps we should concentrate our efforts accordingly, treat each game as a cup final, get the player's mentality fixed and focussed on each one.

We cannot influence other team's results and a positive mental attitude all round, players, manager and fans is the only productive thing to do collectively.

Yebbut, this thread is about the next seven games. There will be unexpected positives (nicked points against fancied teams) and unexpected setbacks (dropped points against shite teams). I reckon we'll have passed 20 points by Boxers.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Nov 2007 11:20

Daniella Defense is so incapable we could be contenders for the most ever goals conceded in a premiership season.

I think the Derby of the 2007/2008 season will be hard to beat