Player ratings

102 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Player ratings

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 17:56

USA-4 Distribution poor, no prescence, and got into fights with rest of team, time to go
Murts-6 Commited, good attacking play, though there are still questions over him defensively
Sonks-5 Shaky, but still a huge presence
Ingimarsson-6 Decent enough game, better than doobs
Shorey-5 IMO at fault for the goal, should have stopped the cross
Hunt-6 Commited but not enough end product
Gunnar-3 Awful yet again, cannot pass, too slow.....what coppell sees in him i do not know
Harps-5 ran a lot but passing a bit off
Convey-7 Apart from kits our best player today, always dangerous on the ball
Doyle-5 No movement, not threatning, worst performance of season

Coppell-3 What was he doing with the subs???????????? Bringing on bikey, a CB to play CM, then move gunnarsson, too slow to be a GK, to be a winger, taking off 1 of our best players at the time...........unbelievable

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Dec 2007 17:57

Zero

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Dec 2007 17:57

wheres Kitson?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 18:00

Kits-8 best player by far

Upper West?!?

by Upper West?!? » 01 Dec 2007 18:12

I don't post often, and it's generally positive, so I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime and also question why Gunnarson is in the side and agree that Marcus is past his sell by date.

Everytime the ball came to Gunnarson, he seemed surprised. His pace, passing and even his tackling were Championship level. It was bizzare that Coppell moved him to the wing and took off Convey when he brought on Bikey.

Marcus was afraid to leave his line througout the match. His distribuion is woeful as usual. Frankly, he seems to have lost his bottle.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 Dec 2007 18:17

I was astonished as to how poor we were today. We didn't even deserve a point. The back four were pretty ordinary today, apart from a few towering clearances from Sonks. Clearances were poor and we were guilty of fannying about with it in our own half, giving the ball away far too much. Gunnarson was shocking today. He played one good pass today, that aside everything else was poor. Positioning, passing, tackling & heading. Hunt & Convey tried their hardest and played pretty well IMO. Looking to run at players and get crosses in. Kitson was superb today, holding up play, heading and a well taken goal. A class act. And Marcus, well what can I say......

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Dec 2007 18:24

The Reading midfield is not Premiership standard.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 18:25

Sonko was the worst player on the park for either side. I haven't seen a central defensive performance that bad in years.

Lost every ball,m out of postiion everytime, the moment with Hahemann was abysmal (IF YOU HEAR NOTHING YOU FCUKING CLEAR IT!!) and then his man runs in past him and heads in the equaliser.

Kitson our best player by lightyears, Shorey ok going forward, Hahnemann made some decent saves for his other faults, Hunt had a good start and Ingimarsson had a decentish game. The others rubbish, the performance was awful, awful result.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2007 18:27

Kitson is about the only one to come out with any credit today.

I was staggered to hear Gooding praise USA for the double save he made in the first half. He only had to make the second part of that save (when he deflected the ball onto the post) because his parry from the first shot was so damn poor. Push it out wide with power USA not flap it back out into the danger area. And what was that catch, turn punch, turn flap in the second half from what should have been a straight forward catch of a cross swung into him?!!

To add insult to injury the barstewards are off out on their Christmas bash tonight. Here's hoping for a nice helping of salmonella to remind them of today's performance and how the supporters feel having watched it! :twisted:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Dec 2007 18:49

The whole year inn The Reading midfield is not Premiership standard.

Indeed it aint but thats not just gunnar, harper as well is shocking but cant see him and gunnar getting dropped that'll be as bold a decision for coppell to make as dropping murty for rosenior

maf82

by maf82 » 01 Dec 2007 19:03

sonko cant pass why did you give him a 6?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:06

maf82 sonko cant pass why did you give him a 6?

i gave him a 5, and he isnt in the team to pass hes in it to win headers, which he did adequetly, unfortunately harps and gunnar are in the team to pass which neither can do, it has to be cisse and fae in the middle for liverpool

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:08

winchester_royal

i gave him a 5, and he isnt in the team to pass hes in it to win headers, which he did adequetly, unfortunately harps and gunnar are in the team to pass which neither can do, it has to be cisse and fae in the middle for liverpool

ALOL.

Sonko won naff all, even when there was no one near him, he still nearly let the guy in. Then to top it off he's beaten in the air by their sub for the equaliser.

If someone can highlight 1 thing he did well today i'd like to hear it. Worst CB performance i've seen at any level for ages.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 19:09

Thought Sonko had a shocker today...got caught out on a number of occasions and disappointed he and Marcus squared up to each other.
Kitson played well so maybe an 8, Hunt was industrious with some neat touches so a 7, Convey, Murty and Inga all ok....but Gunnar again hopeless. Why is he in the side still??
Marcus also seems to struggle to hold on to the bloody ball and either spills or parries the ball....things need to improve. We were second best against a team that by all accounts have been dire recently.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:10

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

ALOL.

Sonko won naff all, even when there was no one near him, he still nearly let the guy in. Then to top it off he's beaten in the air by their sub for the equaliser.

If someone can highlight 1 thing he did well today i'd like to hear it. Worst CB performance i've seen at any level for ages.

harsh to say that, to be fair he did keep aliadiere quiet, hahnemann did not have many proper saves to make, there have been worse performances by ivar and doobs this season

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Dec 2007 19:12

I must have been at a different game today, as I wouldn't actually give Convey anything! Good job Middlesborough are as bad as they are, it's going to be a long winter!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:13

percy_freeman I must have been at a different game today, as I wouldn't actually give Convey anything! Good job Middlesborough are as bad as they are, it's going to be a long winter!

yep you must have convey kept running put a few good balls in the box and overall did well, especially as he was getting bugger all help from shorey, harps, and gunnar

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 Dec 2007 19:15

Unfortunately, Sonko let Dong free too many times.

:lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:15

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

ALOL.

harsh to say that, to be fair he did keep aliadiere quiet, hahnemann did not have many proper saves to make, there have been worse performances by ivar and doobs this season

He didn't keep him quiet at all!!

aliadiere gave him a run around today just he can't finish!!!! If he was half decent in front of goal he'd have scored a hattrick. Left sonko on his arse twice, out paced him and continued to get on the wrong side of him. Sonko was ABYSMAL today. One of the 'untouchables' with regard to our fans at times, if Duberry had done half the things that Sonko did today he'd have been booed off the pitch.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Dec 2007 19:17

Hahnemann - 4
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 5
Murty - 6
Hunt - 7
Harper - 5
Gunnarsson - 1
Convey - 6