Coppell "I'm due a break"

183 posts
KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 07 Dec 2007 13:43

Hoop Blah
Uke
Southbank Old Boy Most of the other posts seem to just be highlighting the destabalising effect his comments might have.

except they weren't his comments

He hasn't said he didn't say what was quoted has he?

People might be misinterpreting it yes, but Coppell has not denied saying it from what I've seen.

I wouldn't even say that Winter is sensationalising the comment either, it's buried away in a nice article about Coppell's thoughts on the state of the game. A bit harsh for people to be having a pop at Winter, who is actually quite a good hack.

Exactly. Winter doesn't seem the kind of journalist who will sensationalise a story. The Sun may have done that all by themselves by extracting one part of the original article and making it into a story on Tuesday. Maybe Coppell feels the club is stagnating and was expressing his frustration. Its worth remembering that it did come off the back of the last gasp defeat at Man City too, when the desperate feeling of losing was more paramount in his mind.

I wouldn't expect Coppell to walk away mid-season. But considering his comments this season that if he wasn't getting the results he'd expect the sack, the longer the season goes on the more I feel that he'll walk away if we go down at the end of the season. One reason being that he may feel he's taken the club as far as he can.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Dec 2007 13:46

Gus the teenage cow that 8 year old boy has won almost very football trophy known to man

That has very little if any relevance.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 07 Dec 2007 13:47

Stranded
Gus the teenage cow that 8 year old boy has won almost very football trophy known to man

That has very little if any relevance.

whats yor point?

183 posts