Royals v West Ham (A) match thread

174 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Dec 2007 20:19

KENTWOOD BOY
The 17 Bus
KENTWOOD BOY so will fae get on bench now ?

Great discussion.

17 the question mark means that it is a question, a device to start a discussion. i did not see the game so cannot comment

I doubt it. Rosenior will get to the bench now and Bikey will remain at CM/CB cover.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Dec 2007 20:38

Following Boris' suspension,

The OS Frenchman Cisse now looks set to start at White Hart Lane this Saturday

He's Malian!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Dec 2007 20:45

Can you believe the first sentence on this post from kumb?
there are many simular too..seems they think we are a crap side :shock:

Absolute load of sh*t. Reading are a poor side and looked like they were playing for the draw when they had 11 men. They then go down to ten and were probably the better team. We were crap, misplaced passes and no plan b. No creativity and everything was rushed.

However, again the fans were absolute dog sh*t. I don't care if the atmospheres sh*t but to start booing the team and getting on their backs as soon as a goal goes in is f*cking ridiculous. At least give the players a chance to try and pull one back before you start booing their every pass. One particular moment was when Spector had the ball and was taking a little while to release it as there were no options, then the fans shout at him to play it forward so he plays it long and the fans then boo that decision. Its a become a no win situation for players and they look like they are feeling the pressure. They may be on loads of money but it don't mean they can ignore people shouting at them and telling them they cant do their job properly. There are loads of idiots now and a lot of them seem to be chavs who just shout "c*nt" and swear at the linesman for an offside ruling when they sit behind the goal and are nowhere near the line of play.

I havent been entertained at West Ham for a while now and im seriously considering whether to renew my ticket or not. I probably will because im a mug but i feel the premier league as a whole is getting f*cking boring.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 26 Dec 2007 21:19

Row Z Royal Following Boris' suspension,

The OS Frenchman Cisse now looks set to start at White Hart Lane this Saturday

He's Malian!

He was born in France, and has never represented anybody at international level. Is Harper Ghanaian?

Thinking about the suspension, this could be a win-win for us. For a start, it will include the Spurs Cup game, a game that Boris was quite likely to be rested for anyway. Secondly, one suspects that Coppell would have chosen to rest him for at least one of the other two league games, as well, so it may really work out like being a one-game suspension anyway.

More to the point, we have another opportunity to see Cissé (or Faé) in midfield, and Boris gets a nice mid-season rest if they can't cut it.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 26 Dec 2007 21:48

Row Z Royal
Baines

Busy day for Kits. Streaks at the Boxing Day Test, and then a MotM performance at Upton Park.

Kitson isn't that well built.

Definitely Kitson. Look - it appears to be Chris Riggot making a typically well-timed challenge.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 27 Dec 2007 09:06

Gunnarsson two footed tackle, Hunt trying to injure Parker and/or Green by pushing a player into another one as they run towards each other, Kitson's red at Utd, Hunt's tackle at Citeh which was knee high. I worry about our team's mentality I really do, almost ashamed to be a Reading fan if these are our tactics this season

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Dec 2007 09:25

Huntley & Palmer Gunnarsson two footed tackle, Hunt trying to injure Parker and/or Green by pushing a player into another one as they run towards each other, Kitson's red at Utd, Hunt's tackle at Citeh which was knee high. I worry about our team's mentality I really do, almost ashamed to be a Reading fan if these are our tactics this season

Could you let Hunts go now Finch?

The only indefensible incident was Hunt at City. Gunnarsson went for the ball only (albeit two footed), Kitson's challange was a yellow at worst. The fair play league table doesn't lie.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Dec 2007 11:09

Chaney Can you believe the first sentence on this post from kumb?
there are many simular too..seems they think we are a crap side :shock:

Absolute load of sh*t. Reading are a poor side and looked like they were playing for the draw when they had 11 men. They then go down to ten and were probably the better team. We were crap, misplaced passes and no plan b. No creativity and everything was rushed.

Agreed: Dumb Kumb.

We were playing for a draw when we had 11 men yet the Sky commentary team were in raptures about how we were taking the game to West Ham and how Doyle and Kitson were giving their defence real problems. What would Sky have said if we'd gone after all three points?!!!

floyd__streete Superb today. We were dominating the game before Gunnarsson's red-mist moment .

I think to call it a red-mist moment is slightly misleading. Red-mist usually suggests something done in a rage/temper. Gunnarsson's challenge was surely the result of over enthusiasm (as we used to see on occasions from Sidwell), rather than an angry reaction and/or any form of retribution.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 27 Dec 2007 18:53

Chaney I havent been entertained at West Ham for a while now and im seriously considering whether to renew my ticket or not. I probably will because im a mug but i feel the premier league as a whole is getting f*cking boring.

Sounds like some on HNA who long for a return to the championship. :lol:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 27 Dec 2007 21:45

RoyalBlue
floyd__streete Superb today. We were dominating the game before Gunnarsson's red-mist moment .

I think to call it a red-mist moment is slightly misleading. Red-mist usually suggests something done in a rage/temper. Gunnarsson's challenge was surely the result of over enthusiasm (as we used to see on occasions from Sidwell), rather than an angry reaction and/or any form of retribution.

see i'm a bit confused over this whole two-footed challenge thing. i thought it was just any challenge where you're off the ground with both feet and you're off? so i thought the sending off was fair enough...

and yet some chief of referees said that the rule was this:

"A player who jumps into a tackle two-footed is not in control of himself and therefore if he makes contact with the player, ball and player, or if the referee determines there to be excessive malice in the challenge, he will be dismissed."

seeing as gunnarsson only made contact with the ball and not the player or ball and player does this mean that the referee thought there was excessive malice in the challenge?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2007 22:08

rob the royal
RoyalBlue

see i'm a bit confused over this whole two-footed challenge thing. i thought it was just any challenge where you're off the ground with both feet and you're off? so i thought the sending off was fair enough...

and yet some chief of referees said that the rule was this:

"A player who jumps into a tackle two-footed is not in control of himself and therefore if he makes contact with the player, ball and player, or if the referee determines there to be excessive malice in the challenge, he will be dismissed."

seeing as gunnarsson only made contact with the ball and not the player or ball and player does this mean that the referee thought there was excessive malice in the challenge?
no good posting a commonsensical post like that Rob.........rules is rules and all that

..........and many on here are creaming themselves because their "perrenial scapegoat" (Gunnar's turn this season) is the subject of the negative national attention.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2007 23:16

potentially dangerous challenge.

straight red that early was a little harsh, but put yourself in the shoes of a neutral and most would find it very difficult to argue against a red.

I know I would.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Dec 2007 23:24

I always try to think what I'd say if it was the other way round. So Mullins walks for a challenge on Bryn.

And my response would be "harsh, but fair"

Sadly I think we'd have won that if they were down to 10 men.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2007 23:31

Ian Royal potentially dangerous challenge.
potentially dangerous?....yes agreed

won the ball? ....yes

in the end.....dangerous in this case?...no

this whole "two-footed" hysteria thing is just the latest passing fad...it is nothing new

Next thing will be defenders having to have their hands tied to their sides, just in case their fingernails are too long :roll:

174 posts