People applauding Sonko

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 01 Jan 2008 22:54

Did Robin Friday once get applauded as he was sent off? I have a very confused childhood memory of it.

Applauding Sonko was OK - just loyal fans getting behind the team. Ultimately he saved a goal.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2008 23:01

Handsome Man Did Robin Friday once get applauded as he was sent off? I have a very confused childhood memory of it.

Applauding Sonko was OK - just loyal fans getting behind the team. Ultimately he saved a goal.
Ultimately, I forgot that the goalmouth was devoid of a keeper.......however Benjani took one hell of a dive regardless of Sonks intervention.

The linesman (I'm sure) had the final say on the sending off............the rest of the game was reduced to a farce

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Jan 2008 23:32

Handsome Man Did Robin Friday once get applauded as he was sent off? I have a very confused childhood memory of it.

Saved us a goal? Hahnemann might have saved it. If he had, that might be some minute way to redeeming himself for the four he cost us at Spurs and us having the play the rest of today with ten men.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jan 2008 00:37

Royalee

Saved us a goal? Hahnemann might have saved it. If he had, that might be some minute way to redeeming himself for the four he cost us at Spurs and us having the play the rest of today with ten men.

How was Hahnemann to blame for four goals at Tottenham?

Quagmire

by Quagmire » 02 Jan 2008 01:59

bobby1413
Royalee

I think he is talking about Sonko, which I agree 100%

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jan 2008 02:10

Quagmire
bobby1413
Royalee

I think he is talking about Sonko, which I agree 100%

Ahhh, I concur then.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 02 Jan 2008 09:25

Tony Le Mesmer
Row Z Royal
Geekins Hopefully those 87 lonely minutes will knock some sense into him.

Followed by the 270 top flight minutes Reading will be involved that he won't before he goes to the ACN. We won't see Sonko again for a month or more. A blessing in disguise?

I think he will only miss Spurs. Pretty sure Pro Fouls get a 1 game ban, 3 for Violent Conduct or Serious Foul Play.

- and would probably have been rested under the FA Cup rotation system anyway.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Jan 2008 09:34

I'd question why Sonks was out in town on NYE post 11pm

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 02 Jan 2008 09:36

Huntley & Palmer I'd question why Sonks was out in town on NYE post 11pm

You saw him? :?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 09:37

Huntley & Palmer I'd question why Sonks was out in town on NYE post 11pm

I'm sure a lot of people would - not least SC.

Is this an authenticatable "spotted"?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Jan 2008 09:48

Indeed, he was in the company of Lita

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Jan 2008 10:58

Huntley & Palmer Indeed, he was in the company of Lita

Ship them both out then.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2008 11:05

West Stand Man
Tony Le Mesmer
Row Z Royal
Geekins Hopefully those 87 lonely minutes will knock some sense into him.

Followed by the 270 top flight minutes Reading will be involved that he won't before he goes to the ACN. We won't see Sonko again for a month or more. A blessing in disguise?

I think he will only miss Spurs. Pretty sure Pro Fouls get a 1 game ban, 3 for Violent Conduct or Serious Foul Play.

- and would probably have been rested under the FA Cup rotation system anyway.

He leaves for the ACN after the Spurs game anyway so the length of the suspension is pretty irrelevant. Playing 90 minutes against Pompey with 10 men is the bigger problem.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Jan 2008 11:07

The 17 Bus start a new thread, thats the answer.

Made me lol :lol:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Jan 2008 11:22

The old debate of 'Does a team play better if you boo them?!' rears its stinking head. I guess not. It might make the fans feel a bit better though. Usually teams play better who are supported and trusted rather than told that they're idiots, incompetent ...

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 02 Jan 2008 11:26

I applauded Sonko because he was a big factor in us actually getting promoted in the first place. Yet again the crowd pissed me off yesterday with such a dull atmosphere and blame being branded everywhere. To focus on the ref is denying the fact we were outclassed yesterday in every department. It was a silly mistake from Sonks but people have short memories and he has helped us make history. He is low on confidence but still is by far our best centre back on his day. Leave him alone

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 02 Jan 2008 11:28

Jeffers217 I applauded Sonko because he was a big factor in us actually getting promoted in the first place. Yet again the crowd pissed me off yesterday with such a dull atmosphere and blame being branded everywhere. To focus on the ref is denying the fact we were outclassed yesterday in every department. It was a silly mistake from Sonks but people have short memories and he has helped us make history. He is low on confidence but still is by far our best centre back on his day. Leave him alone

TWAT

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 02 Jan 2008 11:32

West Stand Flash
Jeffers217 I applauded Sonko because he was a big factor in us actually getting promoted in the first place. Yet again the crowd pissed me off yesterday with such a dull atmosphere and blame being branded everywhere. To focus on the ref is denying the fact we were outclassed yesterday in every department. It was a silly mistake from Sonks but people have short memories and he has helped us make history. He is low on confidence but still is by far our best centre back on his day. Leave him alone

TWAT

TWAT

Yeah, Sonko did it on purpose, course he did, stands to reason.

Support your fcking team and its players.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Jan 2008 11:32

West Stand Flash

TWAT

The contribution you make to this forum is immeasurable.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 02 Jan 2008 11:38

shadesrwrf
West Stand Flash TWAT

The contribution you make to this forum is immeasurable.

I disagree completely. It is entirely measurable - short and pointless.