Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 18 Dec 2007 16:19

Looking pretty solid for the festive period, kiddies...

--Sunderland (H) on Saturday 22nd December is scheduled for live screening on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern. It is currently is set to repeat on regular ol' Setanta US from 1:45 PM and 10:30 PM same-day

Extended highlights will screen on FSC's weekly Super Sunday+ show from 1:00 PM on Sunday and on the weekly Premier League Review Show that is set to screen first-time at the regular hour of 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday, and it will repeat on Monday from 4:00 AM and 6:00 PM

FSC is doing a massive FA Cup Final historical extravaganza on Christmas Day; details in the first post to this thread

--West Ham (A) on Boxing Day, Wednesday the 26th is confirmed for live screening on Setanta US from 8:00 AM Eastern. It is currently scheduled to repeat same-day from 5:15 PM and again from 8:30 AM on Thursday morning the 27th

--Tottenham (A) on Saturday 29th December is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern. Repeat screenings currently are scheduled for Setanta US from 12:15 PM and 9:00 PM same-day and on Sunday the 30th from 2:45 AM

--Pompey (H) on New Year's Day (a Tuesday) is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis from 2:30 PM Eastern, with an additional screening possible but not yet on the schedule

Nothing else to report, aside from the fact that we still don't know anything beyond that. RFC aren't on FSC's January schedule past New Year's Day, and Setanta have not released their schedule for the month

To see the above and listings for other fare of interest, please consult the first post to this thread

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 Dec 2007 17:27

RoyalChicagoFC Looking pretty solid for the festive period, kiddies...

--Pompey (H) on New Year's Day (a Tuesday) is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis from 2:30 PM Eastern, with an additional screening possible but not yet on the schedule

Thanks! Which network is airing this delayed? Setanta or FSC?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 18 Dec 2007 17:29

seahawk10
RoyalChicagoFC Looking pretty solid for the festive period, kiddies...

Thanks! Which network is airing this delayed? Setanta or FSC?

Nevermind! I checked the first thread and see it is on FSC. If all else fails:

RTFM!!!

Greenwich Royal

by Greenwich Royal » 18 Dec 2007 18:44

Thanks RoyalChicagoFC - I didn't think it would be this easy to watch the Royals over here!

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 22 Dec 2007 15:07

RoyalChicagoFC --Sunderland (H) on Saturday 22nd December is scheduled for live screening on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern.

Looks like Setanta have been lying to you again. Nothing but a blank screen on Setanta Xtra in my part of the world.

unclewal

by unclewal » 22 Dec 2007 15:56

Royal Yank
RoyalChicagoFC --Sunderland (H) on Saturday 22nd December is scheduled for live screening on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern.

Looks like Setanta have been lying to you again. Nothing but a blank screen on Setanta Xtra in my part of the world.

my part of the world too- but the barkeep assures me it will be on regular Setanta at 12.45 Chicago time. Setanta triumphs again

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Dec 2007 16:03

Yep 1:45 and 10:30 Eastern today on the regular Setanta channel.

It's still on the Xtra schedule as a live match, by the way. They really are a buncha idiots. Soz for your pain gents.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 22 Dec 2007 17:01

I watched it on Setanta Broadband, which usually corresponds to Setanta Xtra. So someone screwed up I think, they forgot to plug in the wires on Setanta Xtra. (Someone out x-mas shopping instead of doing their job!) :x

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 24 Dec 2007 02:49

Yeah, again a real shame that idiot Setanta gave out bad information and/or couldn't get the Xtra feed sorted in time for the Sunderland kickoff, but at least it was supposed to screen right after.

Hope no one was too badly inconvenienced, and in any case, no changes to what we have been told to this point, and so just to remind...

--West Ham (A) on Boxing Day, Wednesday the 26th is scheduled to screen live on Setanta US from 8:00 AM Eastern. It is scheduled to repeat same-day from 5:15 PM and again from 8:30 AM on Thursday morning the 27th

--Tottenham (A) on Saturday 29th December is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern. Repeat screenings currently are scheduled for regular ol' Setanta US from 12:15 PM and 9:00 PM same-day and on Sunday the 30th from 2:45 AM

--Pompey (H) on New Year's Day (Tuesday week) is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis from 2:30 PM Eastern on FSC

Looks like the FA Cup Third Round tie away to Tottenham on Saturday 5th January (3:00 PM kickoff local time/10:00 AM Eastern U.S.) is pretty much a writeoff; there's the slightest chance that we may see it on two hours' delay on FSC, but it all depends upon what FSC choose. Listings for any highlights shows will be posted here when they become available

Regular Fox Soccer Report and Sky Sports News shows also loom as a good bet to catch highlights, as well as the SuperSunday+ show on FSC from 1:00 Eastern on Sunday the 6th; I'll remind as the date approaches

Speaking of the Cup, FSC are running a daylong Christmas special of classic FA Cup Finals to record and/or sneak peeks at between swigs of egg nog (times Eastern):

1:00 PM 1971 FA Cup Final: Liverpool v. Arsenal
3:00 PM 1979 FA Cup Final: United v. Arsenal
5:00 PM 1993 FA Cup Final: Arsenal v. Wednesday
8:00 PM 2001 FA Cup Final: Arsenal v. Liverpool
11:00 PM 2002 FA Cup Final: Arsenal v. Chelsea

All of the preceding, plus full U.S. listings for Boxing Day, next weekend and New Year's, appears in a handy day-planner format in the first post to this thread.

That'll wrap if for now, and I'll update again on Wednesday nite. Enjoy your holiday, y'all.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 27 Dec 2007 03:18

Just a bump and a reminder; not much news of significance...

The match away to Tottenham is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra on Saturday from 10:00 AM Eastern. In case they should screw it up as they did with Sunderland a week and a half ago, it is scheduled to repeat on regular ol' Setanta US just after it ends, from 12:15 PM, and at 9:00 PM the same evening --and once more from 2:45 AM on Sunday (times Eastern)

Extended match highlights are set to screen on FSC's Super Sunday+ highlights and commentary show that runs for an hour and a half on Sunday from 1:00 PM Eastern. Also on Sunday, the Premier League Review Show screens from 9:00 PM and repeats from 4:00 AM on Monday and once more on Wednesday the 2nd of January from 1:00 PM (again, times Eastern)

Next match is Pompey at home on Tuesday, New Year's Day. It is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis on FSC from 2:30 PM, and it is scheduled to repeat only once, from 3:00 AM on Wednesday the 2nd. It appears that a special midweek edition of the Premier League Review Show will screen next week from 9:00 PM on Wednesday (Setanta) and Thursday (FSC)

The FA Cup Third Round tie away to Tottenham follows on Saturday the 5th, and what we know for certain is that it will not screen live here. However, FSC have designated the noon-2:00 PM Eastern time slot on Saturday for a same-day delayed screening of a Cup match, so we'll see.

As for highlights, Sky Sports News will run live on FSC for an hour beginning at 11:00 AM Eastern on Sunday the 6th, and then FSC's Super Sunday+ is scheduled to go for an hour on Sunday from 12:00 noon Eastern time, and both of those may be worth a look

Beyond that, all we know at this point is that FSC have no plans to show either of the RFC's following two league matches (Villa away on Saturday the 12th and United at home a week later). Setanta very likely will have the latter, and the former also rates as a definite possibility --but we'll have to wait for them to let us know one way or the other

Anyway, that'll just about cover it until I update late on Sunday or early on Monday, and as always please keep an eye on the first post to this thread for the very latest

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 29 Dec 2007 00:47

RoyalChicagoFC The match away to Tottenham is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra on Saturday from 10:00 AM Eastern. In case they should screw it up as they did with Sunderland a week and a half ago,

My TiVo guide is telling me that there is nothing Setanta Xtra tomorrow morning - last time that happened, was the Sunderland game. Fingers crossed that the game is on Xtra, but given recent history I have my doubts I'm afraid.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2007 00:49

What pubs in the local area are showing the Spurs game on Saturday?

Anyone know?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 Dec 2007 01:31

Royal Yank
RoyalChicagoFC The match away to Tottenham is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra on Saturday from 10:00 AM Eastern. In case they should screw it up as they did with Sunderland a week and a half ago...

My TiVo guide is telling me that there is nothing Setanta Xtra tomorrow morning - last time that happened, was the Sunderland game. Fingers crossed that the game is on Xtra, but given recent history I have my doubts I'm afraid.

Much obLOLiged for the headsup RY.

If idiot Setanta should pimp us again Stateside (for the third time, by my count -- and there may've been a fourth in there), it remains scheduled to screen on regular ol' Setanta US just after it ends, from 12:15 PM, and at 9:00 PM on Saturday evening --and once more from 2:45 AM on Sunday (times Eastern).

Gordons Cumming What pubs in the local area are showing the Spurs game on Saturday?

Anyone know?

Local where, Gordo? Y'mean over across? I'm useLOLess on that score m8, sorry to say...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2007 11:41

Gordons Cumming What pubs in the local area are showing the Spurs game on Saturday?

Anyone know?
We were hoping to find this out too. :cry:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2007 11:49

RoyalChicagoFC
Royal Yank
RoyalChicagoFC The match away to Tottenham is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra on Saturday from 10:00 AM Eastern. In case they should screw it up as they did with Sunderland a week and a half ago...

If idiot Setanta should pimp us again Stateside (for the third time, by my count -- and there may've been a fourth in there), it remains scheduled to screen on regular ol' Setanta US just after it ends, from 12:15 PM, and at 9:00 PM on Saturday evening --and once more from 2:45 AM on Sunday (times Eastern).

Anyone know?

Local where, Gordo? Y'mean over across? I'm useLOLess on that score m8, sorry to say...

Not in the USA obviously. :roll:

I mean in and around Lower Earley.

The Earley Retreat for instance, or maybe the Greyhound in Wargrave?

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator

by Royal Yank » 29 Dec 2007 13:50

RoyalChicagoFC
Royal Yank

Well, the good news is that the TiVo guide now indicates that the game will indeed be live on Setanta Xtra - looks like my doubts were unfounded (probably).

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 31 Dec 2007 15:11

Right then, Pompey (H) on New Year's Day is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis from 2:30 PM Eastern on FSC. It is scheduled to repeat just once, at the ungodly hour of 3:00 AM Eastern on Wednesday the 2nd.

It appears that match highlights are set to screen on a midweek edition of the Premier League Review Show from 9:00 PM Eastern on Setanta (on Wednesday) and on Thursday from 9:00 PM on FSC

Those with a compelling urge to see highlights from Tottenham last Saturday should know that they are scheduled to screen on the weekly Premier League Review Show that repeats on FSC from 1:00 PM on Wednesday 2nd January

The FA Cup Third Round tie away to Tottenham on Saturday 5th January (kickoff 3:00 PM at White Hart Lane/10:00 AM Eastern U.S.) will not screen in the U.S.

Chances to see highlights include the regular news shows (SSN, Fox Soccer Report) on FSC, during breaks in and between other match telecasts, and on the Super Sunday+ highlights and commentary show on FSC that runs for an hour from noon Eastern

Villa (A) on Saturday 12th January just got added to the Setanta US listings for a same-day delayed screening from 6:00 PM Eastern; this is a very recent addition and subject to change, but that's what we've been told for now

Beyond that, we don't know anything, although United at home on Saturday the 19th looks a good bet for a live Setanta screening, and Chelsea away on Wednesday the 30th hasn't been ruled out yet

For those interested in this sort of thing, here'a a U.S. match exposure scorecard for this season thru Tuesday's match with Pompey (league matches only):

Fox Soccer Channel/LIVE: 4 of 21
Fox Soccer Channel/Same-day delay: 7 of 21
Setanta Sports Channel-Setanta Xtra/LIVE: 7 of 21
Setanta Sports Channel/Same-day delay: 0 of 21
No U.S. TV: 3 of 21

Next update on Wednesday, when we should know more about any repeat screenings and highlights packages for Villa away, Cup highlights shows and perhaps the latter two January matches.

In the meantime, everybody have a righteous and perfectly safe New Year's

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 Jan 2008 01:10

Righto, HNY to one and all

Saturday's Cup tie away to Tottenham will not screen in the States. There will be opportunities to see highlights on FSC during other match telecasts (during halftime and after full time), plus Sky Sports News will be popping up to fill an hour here and there over the course of the weekend, and there's the regular Fox Soccer Report. A full, half-hour FA Cup Third Round Highlights Show will screen a few times in midweek

To see all of that spelled out in a handy day-planner format, now as always would be a good time to have a look at the first post to this thread

Beyond that, the match away to Villa on Saturday the 12th remains scheduled for a same-day, one-time-only delayed screening from 6:00 PM on Setanta US. That's all that we know for now, but I'll update with anything that I might learn about the United and Chelsea matches that round out the month (home on Saturday the 19th and away on Wednesday the 30th, respectively). Ciao

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Jan 2008 15:15

Here's what we know about the rest of January:
Villa (A) on Saturday 12th January appears on Setanta US' listings for a same-day delayed screening from 6:00 PM Eastern; it is scheduled to repeat twice on Setanta, from 7:45 PM on Tuesday and on Thursday from 6:00 PM. Highlights shows are set to screen at the regular times; see the first post to this thread for the full lineup

The FA Cup Third Round Replay with Tottenham at the Madejski scheduled for next Tuesday the 15th at 3:00 PM Eastern is not scheduled to screen here. Unconfirmed third-party listings have it that FSC, who screen Cup replays live, is instead going with Liverpool-Luton on Tuesday and then Citeh-West Ham on the Wednesday.

For highlights, tune in to all of the daily news shows on FSC at the regular hours; I'll do a more detailed post after we move past the Villa match

Please note that if next Tuesday's Cup hurdle is cleared, then the Fourth Round encounter away to United over the weekend of 26th/27th January would screen live in the States on a pay-per-view/pay-at-the-pub basis ($25 and $20, respectively) --just a heads-up well in advance

Before that, the league match at home to United on Saturday the 19th is now confirmed for a live screening on Setanta US from 10:00 AM Eastern, and it is set to repeat same-day from 7:45 PM, with additional screenings on Setanta likely to be added

With both Setanta and FSC still dragging their feet with regard to late January selections (and beyond), we still don't know anything about Chelsea away on Wednesday the 30th from 2:45 PM Eastern; the smart money has it screening live on one or the other, and we shall advise once we learn anything

With all of that said, to see all of the above plus other listings of interest in a handy day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jan 2008 15:57

in palm springs for the next round of the cup after we beat tottingham, flying on th eday, so wont be getting there till 6pm over there.

what are the chances of seeing any highlights anywhere in the evening?

630 posts