Sniffer Dogs at Madejski

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jan 2008 09:48

Platypuss
Royal Lady I have never been searched by a police officer. The stewards always search my bag and occasionally, at away grounds, I have been body searched by a female steward. I thought only the police could actually search you? I also can't find anything on the net to say that a condition of entering the Madejski Stadium is that I will consent to being searched. Though, to be fair, I may not have trawled through it far enough.

I have nothing to hide and don't particularly care whether I'm searched or not, but if stewards are doing it in breach of any regulations, then I wouldn't be very happy.

RFC Ground regulations are here:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/ae/ab/0,,10306~109486,00.doc

Number 6:

All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
Ah ok. Cheers.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 18 Jan 2008 09:56

Platypuss
shadesrwrf Andy M, it's people like you who have made our great country what it is.

Our police force once commanded respect. Now because of the do-gooders quoting "human rights" we have little chav kids telling the police to fcuk off on a daily basis.

The police also blew it by amply demonstrating why respect is not an automatic right and has to be earned.

I fully appreciate that, but I still stand by the what I say. Respect is a two-way process. Too many children are brought up with absolutely no respect for people in positions of authority. Teachers suffer from this as well. The number of parents who tell their children "you don't have to listen to them" is far greater than it ever was. This situation is fueled by the "rights" brigade.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for people having rights but we now have a society which demands them with no notion of any accompanying responsibilities.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Jan 2008 09:56

RG30
shadesrwrf
Armadillo Roadkill The dogs apparently are trainined to detect people who have "been in contact" with drugs. So, a few Spliffs on a Friday night and next thing you know a dog is barking at you and you're being ejected from the ground. You are, at this point at least, not actively doing anything illegal.

Are you able to provide some evidence of this?

ICTS spokesman John Franklin-Webb said in the Evening Post;

“The body language of the dog will noticeably have changed if someone has been in recent contact with drugs."

What will it do, lick you or something?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Jan 2008 10:00

Huntley & Palmer
RG30
shadesrwrf
Armadillo Roadkill The dogs apparently are trainined to detect people who have "been in contact" with drugs. So, a few Spliffs on a Friday night and next thing you know a dog is barking at you and you're being ejected from the ground. You are, at this point at least, not actively doing anything illegal.

“The body language of the dog will noticeably have changed if someone has been in recent contact with drugs."

Stand alert, pointing at you (in a doggy way, not with its paw!) - maybe even growling.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Jan 2008 10:06

Platypuss
Royal Lady I have never been searched by a police officer. The stewards always search my bag and occasionally, at away grounds, I have been body searched by a female steward. I thought only the police could actually search you? I also can't find anything on the net to say that a condition of entering the Madejski Stadium is that I will consent to being searched. Though, to be fair, I may not have trawled through it far enough.

I have nothing to hide and don't particularly care whether I'm searched or not, but if stewards are doing it in breach of any regulations, then I wouldn't be very happy.

Number 6:

All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.

Does this apply to the rugby games too?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Jan 2008 10:09

SpaceCruiser
Platypuss

Number 6:

More than likely - although probably not as stringently enforced.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 10:11

SpaceCruiser
Platypuss

Number 6:

I assume so; they are the MadStad regulations.

Andy M

by Andy M » 18 Jan 2008 10:35

shadesrwrf Andy M, it's people like you who have made our great country what it is.

Our police force once commanded respect. Now because of the do-gooders quoting "human rights" we have little chav kids telling the police to fcuk off on a daily basis.

People like me? With respect, you know nothing about me, what I believe in and so on but you assume that because I'm an advocate of the police not abusing their powers I'm responsible in part for "little chav kids telling the police to eff on a daily basis". You would no doubt be suprised at my views on these little chavs, but hey, why ruin a misconception?

Together with the good people from the FSF, we're currently assisting a Chelsea supporter left with four broken ribs and a collapsed lung and his teenage sons who also suffered injuries at the hands of the police and a mentally and phyiscally disabled supporter who alleges assault at the hands of stewards and police and refusal to access to medical personnel at a Premiership ground. Given that we've got good witnesses and his story is consistent with others we've heard as to the heavy handedness of police and stewards at this ground, we've no real reason to doubt his allegations.

Do you object to my "do gooding" on behalf of these fans?

Being accused of all sorts is part and parcel of posting on internet forums such as these but I'd far rather answer specific questions as to my beliefs rather than, frankly insulting, accusations that I'm in some way responsible for the collapse of society because I believe that people have rights that should be respected.

For what it is worth, I absolutely agree with you that the concept of responsiblities have been eroded and that "rights" have taken priority but that does not mean that you're entitled to have your rights upheld.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 18 Jan 2008 10:42

Andy, please accept my apologies. I've made a bit of a tit of myself. Not for the first time.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 18 Jan 2008 10:45

Dirk Gently
Huntley & Palmer
RG30
shadesrwrf

Stand alert, pointing at you (in a doggy way, not with its paw!) - maybe even growling.

There's nothing quite like an alert pointy growler

Andy M

by Andy M » 18 Jan 2008 10:49

shadesrwrf Andy, please accept my apologies. I've made a bit of a tit of myself. Not for the first time.

Shadesrwrf, thanks for that and apology accepted.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Jan 2008 11:52

The mancs are so full of themselves that they thought this was aimed at them :roll:

http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/news-r ... #post52733