Coppell's latest backtrack

470 posts
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Coppell's latest backtrack

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Jan 2008 11:28

readingbedding It's not a backtrack, he had no real control over the players he wanted to join, to actually join.

He was looking at players, he didn't say that he signed them.

Once again, the emotional moaners are clutching at straws, any excuse eh.

Spot on, I get fed up of the likes of Smoking Kills Dancing Does saying "I was right, Steve Coppell lied etc etc".

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:31

Are any of us really surprised? Honestly.

Coppell is all mouth no trousers & almost have a phobia of buying players. All this sh*t about rewarding the players that got us here HAS TO STOP. Yes they got us up, but they are seriously struggling now.

I cannot believe Madejski, Hammond, Howe & Coppell are going to risk relegation & lose out on MILLIONS, & the likelihood of us not getting promoted again based on the managers view that the current group of average footballers deserve to be given a go, as they 'got us here'.

If & when this club gets relegated you will see a huge downfall in season ticket sales. Why? Because John Madejski did nothing but lie in the letter attached to Season Ticket Renewals. He stated that season ticket prices went up like 40 % as the money was to be used to 'significantly improved the squad'. What a complete load of bollox. The money was used to strengthen the accommodation at the bloody stadium. Hmmm won't it be lovely to have a posh hotel with all premiership facilities in the Championship?

Once again RFC let down fans with broken promises. Why don't we just sell the Madejski & rebuild Elm Park. Tin pot stadium for a tin pot club.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Jan 2008 11:32

readingbedding It's not a backtrack, he had no real control over the players he wanted to join, to actually join.

Try Reading Platy's post above you own, from Coppell himself.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Jan 2008 11:33

Provided we don't lose anyone, the transfer window will have gone better than I anticipated.

No doubt, once the window's shut we'll start getting vibes about how we're going to strengthen big time in the close season :roll:

I don't think the majority of supporters will be very forgiving if we do go down. We clearly have significant funds at our disposal and have chosen not to use them despite every talking about the need to strengthen from August - Decemebr.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Jan 2008 11:33

'In a bid to save money, Coppell scouts the set of 'Everybody loves Raymond''

Sickboy

by Sickboy » 25 Jan 2008 11:36

Quite why Coppell constantly fails to listen to the experts on this board I will never know. Why can't he see that 26 years of management experience means absolutely nothing.....there's people on this board that have been watching football for years and they didn't get where they are today by talking rubbish now did they? Since Coppell joined Reading this club has sadly only gone in one direction and I for one have had enough. Oh how I long for our glory days of the 80's/90's.......where did it all go wrong? :wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 Jan 2008 11:36

The whole year inn

Try Reading Platy's post above you own, from Coppell himself.

Did he say, they were all about to sign but I decided to change my mind - I'm happy with the side that we have?

No, again the same frustrated people are confusing RFC's 'lack of ambition' , with the targeted players 'ambition'.

Coppell is happy with the players that he has because that is what he has.

He has to get on with it, and so will you lot.

Like it or lump it.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Jan 2008 11:37

Typical HNA thread

Full of negative bollocks. :roll:

Coppell out!!!!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Jan 2008 11:37

Schards#2 Provided we don't lose anyone, the transfer window will have gone better than I anticipated.

No doubt, once the window's shut we'll start getting vibes about how we're going to strengthen big time in the close season :roll:

I don't think the majority of supporters will be very forgiving if we do go down. We clearly have significant funds at our disposal and have chosen not to use them despite every talking about the need to strengthen from August - Decemebr.

I would think that the word "chosen" is the wrong word to use here.

Blue Blooded

by Blue Blooded » 25 Jan 2008 11:37

cmonurz
Blue Blooded As for going with what they have maybe right now there is really little choice. They could keep bidding for players and not getting any joy with contract negotiations. Perhaps it is a pragmatic approach because if they are not going to get the right players - is there any point in risking undermining any of the players we already have?

“Ok, our initial offer is £250 per week, and petrol fully expensed. And a Reading FC Calendar 2007/08.”

Ok done - I can play out on the left and have no problems (To my knowledge) with understanding the English langauge and the English game.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:38

Spacecruiser. Do you ever go to watch Reading??? Just a question?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 25 Jan 2008 11:39

IF we go down (and that is a big if) then due to putting up season tickets for more spending power I would like to see them reduce them again seeing as they haven't even used what they've got! Won't happen ("Reading fans will be pleased to hear that we have frozen our ST prices for this coming season") and I won't renew. Will still go to the odd game but I'll be buggered if I'll be made a fool out of again.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:41

Spot on Rawlie. I think the above will apply to above 70% of ST holders. Nice stadium with 12,000 avergae in Championship. Oh 2008/09 Season looks ever so exciting :roll:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 25 Jan 2008 11:42

Sickboy Quite why Coppell constantly fails to listen to the experts on this board I will never know. Why can't he see that 26 years of management experience means absolutely nothing.....there's people on this board that have been watching football for years and they didn't get where they are today by talking rubbish now did they? Since Coppell joined Reading this club has sadly only gone in one direction and I for one have had enough. Oh how I long for our glory days of the 80's/90's.......where did it all go wrong? :wink:

Absolutely spot on.

Once again, can I say 'Does any half decent premiership player who would actually improve our squad actually want to come to Reading and are they available if that is remotely the case'?????????

If they don't want to come to Reading then Coppell can't force then, so does he then go and buy inferior players at inflated prices from championship clubs just to fill the gaps?

I can see how well that would go down on here with the majority of moany posters.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Jan 2008 11:42

Coppell could always take the Roy Keane approach and sound desperate as well as promising the fans signings by a certain date that don't happen.

We'd all be happy then.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:43

londinium
Sickboy Quite why Coppell constantly fails to listen to the experts on this board I will never know. Why can't he see that 26 years of management experience means absolutely nothing.....there's people on this board that have been watching football for years and they didn't get where they are today by talking rubbish now did they? Since Coppell joined Reading this club has sadly only gone in one direction and I for one have had enough. Oh how I long for our glory days of the 80's/90's.......where did it all go wrong? :wink:

Absolutely spot on.

Once again, can I say 'Does any half decent premiership player who would actually improve our squad actually want to come to Reading and are they available if that is remotely the case'?????????

If they don't want to come to Reading then Coppell can't force then, so does he then go and buy inferior players at inflated prices from championship clubs just to fill the gaps?

I can see how well that would go down on here with the majority of moany posters.

Don't pay the wages ALL OTHER PREMIERSHIP CLUBS PAY, then we can't sign the players.

Tin pot Club

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Jan 2008 11:45

londinium

Absolutely spot on.

I'm not worried about him not listening to the experts on this board.

I'd just be interested to know what he feels has changed between pre transfer window and now as he comments seem to contradict themselves.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jan 2008 11:46

SpaceCruiser

Spot on, I get fed up of the likes of Smoking Kills Dancing Does saying "I was right, Steve Coppell lied etc etc".

You're right Spacey. Coppell never said those things, I just made them up. He never said he'd made a mistake in the summer and would fix it in Jan. He never said time and time again during November and October how important it is to improve the starting 11. He never said we need to buy players to take us to the next level. He never said we need to sign players who improve the 1st 11 rather than players for the squad. He also never said we wouldn't sign anyone from abroad because we couldn't afford to have players taking a month to settle in.

Of course the facts are he said all those things, time and time again.

You must just be a better fan than me.....

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:46

With injuries we are in a worse position too.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Jan 2008 11:47

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
SpaceCruiser

You're right Spacey. Coppell never said those things, I just made them up. He never said he'd made a mistake in the summer and would fix it in Jan. He never said time and time again during November and October how important it is to improve the starting 11. He never said we need to buy players to take us to the next level. He never said we need to sign players who improve the 1st 11 rather than players for the squad. He also never said we wouldn't sign anyone from abroad because we couldn't afford to have players taking a month to settle in.

Of course the facts are he said all those things, time and time again.

You must just be a better fan than me.....

Spacecruiser can never be wrong, remember that.

470 posts