Reality check

150 posts
fridaysback

Re: Reality check

by fridaysback » 31 Jan 2008 21:43

I am a man of impecable manners, well educated and well atired but Fcuk of all you negative whingers !
Villa away, Man U (with the best form player in the world) home and £150M Chelsea away in Jan , I guess you all expected 9 points ! Get real, remember Northampton home giving away an equaliser in the last minute, 3-3 vs Bournmouth home , going 2-0 down in 15 mins to Tramere away , battling with Brighton to win the Second divison. Sometimes I wonder, we are Reading we have the best English manager probably the best English striker. We are not fashionable we do not make a fuss or wear gay daygo shirts we are Reading. Shut up and remember your roots, support Steve and the team or FCUK off to a cave in Swinedon.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 31 Jan 2008 21:51

fridaysback I am a man of impecable manners, well educated and well atired but Fcuk of all you negative whingers !
Villa away, Man U (with the best form player in the world) home and £150M Chelsea away in Jan , I guess you all expected 9 points ! Get real, remember Northampton home giving away an equaliser in the last minute, 3-3 vs Bournmouth home , going 2-0 down in 15 mins to Tramere away , battling with Brighton to win the Second divison. Sometimes I wonder, we are Reading we have the best English manager probably the best English striker. We are not fashionable we do not make a fuss or wear gay daygo shirts we are Reading. Shut up and remember your roots, support Steve and the team or FCUK off to a cave in Swinedon.

Jeeezzzzzz....can you not see that we've left ourselves short of quality and depth in our squad and in 2hrs and 10 minutes we'll have no more opportunities to improve the squad.

We're in the midst of a a fight for Premiership survival but we've hardly improved our squad from the one thats conceded more goals than anyone else in the league. We've got hardly any competition in the squad and the players who are taking up the starting positions just haven't really cut the mustard this season.

Can you see why the negativity is coming out?

fridaysback

by fridaysback » 31 Jan 2008 23:01

Yes of course I can see why there is negativity but have you ever heard the expression self fulfilling propehcy. The season is not over, there is hope, Cisse and ingi look good at he back, Kits is on form , we have still got he hardest working winger in the prem and Matejotsky (sp) looks promising. I will keep my rose tinteds firmly on.

Anyway I am very cheered by the fact that Blunderland have signed a fat fella instead of our super pikey ! (to be fair they have offloaded Greg Halfwit as well)

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 01 Feb 2008 07:31

Looks like we've got a perfect squad for sitting in mid table for the next 2 years.

In the championship :evil:

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 01 Feb 2008 08:13

I think everyone should get a pair. The world would be a far happier place, the players could bask in all the positive energy flooding out from us and help us to safety by the end of March.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Feb 2008 08:26

One Beer is never enough.

I think everyone should get a pair. The world would be a far happier place, the players could bask in all the positive energy flooding out from us and help us to safety by the end of March.

Here is a better pair courtesy of shades and useable as an avatar:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Feb 2008 16:56

seahawk10 There are also a few reasons to feel good:

Ingimarsson has been much better in January. He looks back to what he was last year.

Cisse at the back the last two games has been a revelation.

Shorey is back to playing the way he was last year.

Marcus is playing out of his mind lately.

And even old man Murty is putting in plus performances. Watching the game las night (after listening to it live) some of our best attacks came down the right with good linkup play between Murty and Oster. :shock:

We have made it through the toughest part of our schedule. As others have posted the season starts fresh on Saturday. Let's go back to playing attacking football (home and away). Let's forget about bringing in a saviour to rescue us. Let's get the job done and try and enjoy this relegation battle. Yes we are in the midst of one. My first and I am enjoying it as much as the UEFA run of last year. I still love this club! We are competing in the best league in the world against teams that have 10 times our budget. Everyone has a right to their opinion. So the panic mob can whinge on all they like. That is their right. But nothing will change my opinion that each game at this level is a joy. I am already excited about Saturday. We have the talent needed to stay up. We have the coaching needed to stay up. And by god we have the fan support needed to stay up! Game on!

yay
i concur!!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Feb 2008 18:27

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy can you not see that we've left ourselves short of quality and depth in our squad and in 2hrs and 10 minutes we'll have no more opportunities to improve the squad.

We're in the midst of a a fight for Premiership survival but we've hardly improved our squad from the one thats conceded more goals than anyone else in the league. We've got hardly any competition in the squad and the players who are taking up the starting positions just haven't really cut the mustard this season.

Can you see why the negativity is coming out?

With the transfer window having passed, yet again we have failed to improve the team.
We are in the shit. Relegation remains a strong possibility.
Why has nothing happened? Why did we not sign anyone of significance? Not even anyone from the championship, surely there has to be some good players there?
All we got was an injured malian left winger. oxf*rd OFF!

So we didn't sign Marek then? Must have been a figment of my imagination. I'm all for some constructive criticism of the clubs transfer policy but what you say is plain wrong. We are stronger as a result of this window. Yes Simon Cox has been sold but he was never going to be selected for the squad. However we have signed Marek and Jimmy. Marek already looks like he could be a real steal although its early days.
We have also kept hold of Hunt, Shorey, Lita etc despite keen interest from others.
I would have liked to see us sign another central defender but our midfield is now without doubt stronger and with more options. Its not all negative.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Feb 2008 18:38

Pearcey, what is the point of arguing with someone whose bitterness has so totally robbed him of his reason that he now asserts at every opportunity that our only signing was Jimmy Kebe? I never thought it was possible for a poster to be more capable of undermining his own credibility than West Stand Flash, but Ideal has done the impossible.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Feb 2008 19:12

I'm inclined to agree with you Arch. He undermines his arguments by not even being factually correct for starters

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Feb 2008 19:24

You morons will get a reality check in three months' time when we go down as a result of Coppell's lack of bottle.

wichygbloke

by wichygbloke » 01 Feb 2008 19:30

Arch
Ideal
Ghosting In The transfer window has been open a month and we have done no meaningful business.

MADNESS!!!!!

It's a fcuking joke. How on earth people can be satisfied that all we've brought in is Jimmy Kebe is just hilarious.

I could've sworn there was someone else.

No We didn't buy Marek, he just fell into the back of 'Our Cilla's' Bentley!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Feb 2008 19:34

Royalee You morons will get a reality check in three months' time when we go down as a result of Coppell's lack of bottle.

Why do you have to resort to abuse. Just state your case without reverting to such childish comments. I am by no means an RTG but there is too much negativity. The club have done a decent job in this transfer window in my eyes. A central defender on top would have been even better but give the club some credit......you may be surprised how good Marek happens to be.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Feb 2008 19:39

PEARCEY
Royalee You morons will get a reality check in three months' time when we go down as a result of Coppell's lack of bottle.

Why do you have to resort to abuse. Just state your case without reverting to such childish comments. I am by no means an RTG but there is too much negativity. The club have done a decent job in this transfer window in my eyes. A central defender on top would have been even better but give the club some credit......you may be surprised how good Marek happens to be.

I rate Marek, but he isn't being given a chance. We don't need any centre backs, we need a manager capable of managing in the Premiership for a sustained amount of time - something missing from Coppell's CV.

I retort to abuse because my intelligence is being insulted by the ridiculous number of posts by people blindly supporting any decision Coppell or the club makes without reasoning and slating any blasphemous posters daring to criticise and search for improvement.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 Feb 2008 19:52

Aaah, the south coast's centre of intellectual excellence speaks again.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Feb 2008 19:59

WSF, Ideal and Royalee are all splinters from the same fat plank of wood; abusing their intelligence just isn't a viable option...

I wonder who should be our manager - you know, one of these guys who has kept a team in the top flight for a sustained length of time, (that must be on their CV you know), so as Coppell has kept a team there for 4 seasons I guess only 5 years or more qualifies as "sustained".

Any names coming to mind?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 01 Feb 2008 20:12

Royalee
PEARCEY

I rate Marek, but he isn't being given a chance.

he's not fully fit after a two month winter break. How many more times does that need to be spelled out?

And I'm sure someone will moan that we shouldn't be signing unfit players, but unless they are suggesting we shouldn't have signed him, or that we should perhaps have entered a timewarp and signed him from a Czech Republic that exists a month in the future, I can't see the relevence where he is concerned.

We don't need any centre backs, we need a manager capable of managing in the Premiership for a sustained amount of time - something missing from Coppell's CV.

Coppell Out!!!!

Strange, but I don't recall you saying this was a problem last season. I suppose he has "lost the plot". :roll:

I retort to abuse because my intelligence is being insulted by the ridiculous number of posts by people blindly supporting any decision Coppell or the club makes without reasoning and slating any blasphemous posters daring to criticise and search for improvement.

people aren't blindly supporting the decisions. They are suggesting that there's perhaps a little more to it than Coppell being a shit manager who deserves the sack for lacking the bottle to go out and sign players.

In other words they are "reasoning", but it's that very reasoning that you are taking for blind optimism. That's why your intelligence is being insulted - because it's coming across as being as elusive as Britney Spears' underwear.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Feb 2008 20:13

Just to answer a few points raised.

Those of us who are positive, myself included, contrary to popular belief do not think that we are guaranteed survival, or that we are too good to go down etc etc.

We are well aware of the table and that we are in one hell of a slump and in some pretty deep poo. What we are not doing, and I do apologise very much for this, is slitting our wrists and crying our eyes out assuming we are down.

A comparison if I may.

RTG's view - Matejovski looks extremely competant, has been highly praised for training and has contributed to two games already. He is on the edge of an extremely good international side and seems to be exactly what we have been missing. Also he comes from a league that looked fairly quick and physical from the clips we saw. This suggests he could have a big impact once he has a good grasp of ENglish and is back up to fitness after his winter break.

STG's view - Matejovski must be shit because Fae was and we hadn't heard of him before or paid £5m for him, he was playing in a league non of us knew anything about and he hasn't started a game yet. Total waste.

Now just take a calm collected look at those and see which you think belongs to the twat.

Likewise our ability to stay up.

STG's view - We've played crap and lost a lot of games, we've lost a lot of ground, we haven't signed anyone I've heard of or spent lots of money. We have basically the same team as 2 years ago which clearly proves we're crapper than anyone else. We are certain relegation fodder it won't even be close.

RTG's view - we've played below par and pretty awfully this season, our midfield has been over run and lacking in creativity and we can't get defence and attack working at the same time. The other relegation candidates seem to be finding some form and we're in big big trouble. But we arn't even in the relegation zone yet. We have quality in our team we just need to find a way for things to click and start working again. We're by no means down yet, but it's getting worse, although the possibility of an improvement now we have a couple of less difficult games is very much there. Will it be enough? Who knows but lets all give it a shot, we may not be able to have a massive impact, but being quiet or whinging and shouting abuse at players certainly isn't going to help, whereas being loud and positive might just tip the balance and get a couple of decent performances and points froma team low on confidence and ideas.

Plenty of the negative nancys are putting together the starts of very good arguements, but they ruin it with the dismissal that we have a chance of staying up and the ridicule of anythign positive. I've yet to see more than one or two positive people take the polar opposite view. Regardless of what the whining likes of AP and Floyde might have you believe.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Feb 2008 20:14

Royalee
PEARCEY

I rate Marek, but he isn't being given a chance. We don't need any centre backs, we need a manager capable of managing in the Premiership for a sustained amount of time - something missing from Coppell's CV.

Marek has only been eligble for two games and appeared in both. Prior to that he hadn't played since early December due to the Czech winter break. According to Coppell on the website today he is very close to starting if not tomorrow then at Everton. With Convey struggling I'll be surprised if it's not tomorrow. I'm not sure how much more of a chance he could have got bar a few extra minutes against Chelsea.

Are you suggesting that it Coppell should go now, you certainly seem to imply as much? May I ask who is available out there who would do a better job at this time?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Feb 2008 20:19

150 posts