edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely TO BE A CATALYST

madreadingfan

Re: BIKEYS RETURN COULD BE A CATALYST?!

by madreadingfan » 05 Feb 2008 21:00

Bikey and Cisse at the back will be solid, would be a great partnership!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Feb 2008 10:05

There are times when giving responsibility to people brings out the absolute best in them - I like Bikey a lot, always have, and suspect he is exactly the sort to rise to the challenge so would love to see him in the team when he gets back. (Remember how he dealt with AJ, Rooney and Carew in 3 of his rare opportunities...?)

However, I think heaping responsibility on Bikey and Cisse as a brand new defensive partnership is not Coppell's style. It actually could work brilliantly but I don't think Coppell is going to take that sort of chance. (edit: because it could also be a calamity!)

So unfortunately I fear Bikey is going to remain on the sidelines for the rest of the season. :cry:
Last edited by Royal Rother on 06 Feb 2008 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Feb 2008 10:24

PEARCEY He has shown a lot of promise IMO but how is he to integrate in the team and really impress when he is never given a decent run in the side.I would like him to have that chance when he gets "Out of Africa"

How would renting a film help his chances?
Last edited by Uke on 06 Feb 2008 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 06 Feb 2008 11:56

Royal Rother There are times when giving responsibility to people brings out the absolute best in them - I like Bikey a lot, always have, and suspect he is exactly the sort to rise to the challenge so would love to see him in the team when he gets back. (Remember how he dealt with AJ, Rooney and Carew in 3 of his rare opportunities...?)

However, I think heaping responsibility on Bikey and Cisse as a brand new defensive partnership is not Coppell's style. It actually could work brilliantly but I don't think Coppell is going to take that sort of chance. (edit: because it could also be a calamity!)

So unfortunately I fear Bikey is going to remain on the sidelines for the rest of the season. :cry:

Hopefully your fears will not be realised, Coppell has stated all along that he has the ACN players to ome back to the squad, and I presume when it was being used as a reason for lack of transfer activity, he means that he will playing them. For what purpose remains a mystery but I really hope Bikey does go straight into the squad seeing as he looks like hes somewhere near the standard we need having played consistently for Camaroon. OK, parts of his game still need attention, but at the moment what he brings in as a presence and a man marker at the back, easily outweigh the negatives. I don't believe bench warming is going to do us or him any favours. Of course the team could play suberbly well at Goodison and we have our team for the next 5 matches if the season so far is anything to go by.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely BE A CATALYST?!

by Skin » 07 Feb 2008 19:27

Not going to happen is it?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Feb 2008 19:28

Rygorroyal

This is quite a fitting picture. :lol:

Teeth gnashing, head down and concentrating on the target, 30 inch leg slammed mercilessly into Crouch's unsuspecting testicles.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely BE A CATALYST?!

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2008 19:36

Andre Bikey - what a w*nker, what a w*nker!

Looks like he needs a sports psychiatrist not a sports psychologist!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 20:20

I like Bikey, he's quick (anyone who disagrees with this should note how he overtook and tackled Rooney last season in the cup), strong and full of passion and determination. He's another one who makes great tackles.

I'd be hesitant in praising his positioning too higly and he's one of those defenders who snaps at your ankles the whole time, so potential yellow cards and free kicks galore. But he's a little less clumsy looking than Sonko and seems to be in some sort of form.

Like Rother I can't see him and Cisse being used as a partnership. I think we need one of Ivar & Duberry in the team right now to give good positioning, intelligence, organisation and experience to the defence. Which ever of them plays needs to be paired with either Sonko, Cisse or Bikey depending on who is in th ebest form.I don't think it's fair to judge the Cisse-Ivar parntership on th eone dire display against Bolton, we'd looked a lot better over the previous couple of games by all accounts and we haven't conceeded too many with them at the back (as opposed to the rest of the season anyway).

I'd like to see Bikey & Ivar once Bikey gets back, but if Cisse plays well or Sonko finds form I won't be too upset if he's not on th epitch.

To be honest i'd say it's more important we start scoring again. For that we need Hunt to pick up his game, Marek and Harper to gel fully the strikers to get to grips with Mareks passes, someone who can attack on the right and to actually shoot with some conviction.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 07 Feb 2008 20:23

So does his ban after todays red card effect him back at Reading?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Feb 2008 20:26

Ian Royal I like Bikey, he's quick (anyone who disagrees with this should note how he overtook and tackled Rooney last season in the cup), strong and full of passion and determination. He's another one who makes great tackles.

I'd be hesitant in praising his positioning too higly and he's one of those defenders who snaps at your ankles the whole time, so potential yellow cards and free kicks galore. But he's a little less clumsy looking than Sonko and seems to be in some sort of form.

Like Rother I can't see him and Cisse being used as a partnership. I think we need one of Ivar & Duberry in the team right now to give good positioning, intelligence, organisation and experience to the defence. Which ever of them plays needs to be paired with either Sonko, Cisse or Bikey depending on who is in th ebest form.I don't think it's fair to judge the Cisse-Ivar parntership on th eone dire display against Bolton, we'd looked a lot better over the previous couple of games by all accounts and we haven't conceeded too many with them at the back (as opposed to the rest of the season anyway).

I'd like to see Bikey & Ivar once Bikey gets back, but if Cisse plays well or Sonko finds form I won't be too upset if he's not on th epitch.

To be honest i'd say it's more important we start scoring again. For that we need Hunt to pick up his game, Marek and Harper to gel fully the strikers to get to grips with Mareks passes, someone who can attack on the right and to actually shoot with some conviction.

The thing is Ian it would be a little bit helpful if the team could start keeping some clean sheets. When a team is struggling a lot of managers focus on getting things tighter at the back. We have conceded on average two goals a game this season so it is putting a lot of pressure on the team to find the back of the net.
I also feel we have given away far too many easy goals this season and that must have a draining effect on morale and confidence. Goal difference may also be worth an "extra" point come the seasons end so things have got to be much much tighter at the back.
Yes I agree we need some goals but the defensive frailties have been there all season and its about time Wally justified his wage packet and sorted it out

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 20:36

I agree wit hwhat your saying, but it's scoring that wins games and rather than tamely losing the ball in midfield or with some pathetic attempt of an attack and conceeding we could do with holding the ball.

If we can build some decent attacks and retain possession rather than losing it as soon as we get within 15 yards of the penalty area, our defence will be under less pressure.

Doesn't matter how many clean sheets we keep we'd still be in big trouble if we drew the rest of our games 0-0. Score and we have a chance of winning, and given our leakiness drawing.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 07 Feb 2008 20:51

Cisse and Sonko will have a chance to forge a partnership.

It might help Cisse to have Sonko next to him, not only for his dominance in the air, but also for the fact they speak the same language.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 21:15

Southbank Old Boy Cisse and Sonko will have a chance to forge a partnership.

It might help Cisse to have Sonko next to him, not only for his dominance in the air, but also for the fact they speak the same language.

That doesn't solve the problem of Sonko's recent awful positioning, tendency to give away a penalty at least every other match and get sent off fairly regularly.

To be honest I wouldn't let Sonko anywhere near the team unless he has shown a massive improvement in training.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 07 Feb 2008 21:21

Ian Royal
Southbank Old Boy Cisse and Sonko will have a chance to forge a partnership.

That doesn't solve the problem of Sonko's recent awful positioning, tendency to give away a penalty at least every other match and get sent off fairly regularly.

To be honest I wouldn't let Sonko anywhere near the team unless he has shown a massive improvement in training.

So who are you going to play alongside Cisse against Everton then?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Feb 2008 22:28

Northern Git So does his ban after todays red card effect him back at Reading?

Not unless FIFA get involved to ban him further, otherwise it will just be the standard three match international ban.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely TO BE A CATALYST

by brendywendy » 08 Feb 2008 09:41

what a fool

why oh why oh why oh why

there must have been a reason for that
why would you shove a paramedic for helping one of your own players off the pitch?
daft