162 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Bikey

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 10:59

Archies Volley
Alan Partridge Regardless, why is Bikey getting involved?

Typical RFC fans style, I swear one of our players could murder an infant and some would defend them.

The only person Bikey has to blame is himself, he's done something utterly stupid and he's going to miss the biggest day of his career. I'm sure this morning he won't believe what he's done.

nobody is defending him :roll: every post has said he deserved to get sent off and should not have done what he did.

However, some sensible people like HH and RL have pointed out that he shoved a steward/streacher guy who was stopping the correct person (the physio) from treating Song.

The typical RFC fans style is to assume the worst of our players and make the incident seem much worse than it was :roll:

Talk of ripped up contracts and minimum 3 month bans........ How long did that guy in Italy get for the closed fist punch whic broke a players jaw (I think) and was only one of about 100 punches thrown by players and officals from both teams - and what bans did all the others get?

Also what about the Swiss Turkey playoff game when there was a brawl (again with many proper punches and kicks) after the game on the pitch and continuing down the tunnel involving all the players and staff and stewards and police and a few jornos and a camera crew. In the recent England game they said that one of the Swiss players had just come back from a 6 game international ban for kicking a memner of the Turkey coaching staff - and yet most people on here expect (and seem to want) a 3 month ban from all football for Bikey :roll:

I've already read on here the race card as well as it was Ghana's fault.

What I want to know........WHY IS BIKEY GETTING INVOLVED?

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 08 Feb 2008 10:59

When Hicks went up... I love how seriously people take themselves on this forum.

Personally, I think it's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen. Bikey is a comedy genius.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it last - only when I looked on here this morning I felt I had to take a stand against the rubbish

However, you are reallt the voice of reason - it is neary lunchtime on a friday - time to stop worrying about others - have another chuckle about it and start counting doen to beer o'clock 8)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Feb 2008 10:59

Typical RFC fans style, I swear one of our players could murder an infant and some would defend them.

The only person Bikey has to blame is himself, he's done something utterly stupid and he's going to miss the biggest day of his career. I'm sure this morning he won't believe what he's done.

Totally OTT reaction there AP.

No-one is condoning what he did, but many can see WHY he did it. On a football pitch things happen in the heat of the moment, and I'm sure Bikey is regretting what he did.

You only have to look at Zidane to see another example of something like this. Again no-one condoned what he did, but after reports on what was said to him many could understand why he reacted like he did.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Feb 2008 11:01

Alan Partridge WHY IS BIKEY GETTING INVOLVED?

Why does any player get involed in an incident that doesn't involve them? It happens in nearly EVERY match. Player A commits a foul, player B is lying on the floor rolling around in agony, player C arrives to have a go a player A. It is just what happens on a football pitch.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 11:04

Wycombe Royal

No-one is condoning what he did, but many can see WHY he did it. On a football pitch things happen in the heat of the moment, and I'm sure Bikey is regretting what he did.

You only have to look at Zidane to see another example of something like this. Again no-one condoned what he did, but after reports on what was said to him many could understand why he reacted like he did.

The point i was making as I've said above is 'why is it always someone elses fault?' Especially when it comes to Reading players.

If this was Samuel Eto'o who'd done that, 1. Everyone would be laughing about it, some are anyway, 2. Everyone would say what an idiot.

But when it's a Reading player...there have to be other motives.

Why's Bikey getting involved with it? Is he Song's bodyguard? Why is he pushing an official over?

Can they see WHY? Or are you all making assumptions and your own reasons? Thats what i read on the Kitson thread, it's history repeating.

I'm dissapointed i won't get to see him play in the fInal, yet we wont have him back either. He's let himself down badly not to mention his country.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 11:04

Wycombe Royal

Why does any player get involed in an incident that doesn't involve them? It happens in nearly EVERY match. Player A commits a foul, player B is lying on the floor rolling around in agony, player C arrives to have a go a player A. It is just what happens on a football pitch.

Player C pushes one of the medical staff over 20 metres. Regular occurence.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 08 Feb 2008 11:05

Bikey you nob! That just cost him at least a runners up medal, and a chance of winning silverware in a major international tournament. Shame, I was really looking forward to following our man in the final!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Feb 2008 11:12

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal

The point i was making as I've said above is 'why is it always someone elses fault?' Especially when it comes to Reading players.

If this was Samuel Eto'o who'd done that, 1. Everyone would be laughing about it, some are anyway, 2. Everyone would say what an idiot.

But when it's a Reading player...there have to be other motives.

Why's Bikey getting involved with it? Is he Song's bodyguard? Why is he pushing an official over?

Can they see WHY? Or are you all making assumptions and your own reasons? Thats what i read on the Kitson thread, it's history repeating.

I'm dissapointed i won't get to see him play in the fInal, yet we wont have him back either. He's let himself down badly not to mention his country.

You've just discribed football fans full stop. If say Drogba had done it then Chelsea fans would be saying almost exactly what a lot of people on here are saying. Eto'o probably some Barca fans would say the same thing.

It's just what some fans do, some other's will go the other way.

I personally don't know why he did it, maybe he thought the stewards could be injuring Song more as he thought he was injured and was getting them out of the way, maybe he was time wasting, maybe he was just an idiot. All are equally viable and possible so can see why some will take each particular view.

Until it is investigated and the story comes out none of us will really know bar Bikey and those directly around the incident.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 08 Feb 2008 11:14

royaldownunder Bikey you nob! That just cost him at least a runners up medal, and a chance of winning silverware in a major international tournament. Shame, I was really looking forward to following our man in the final!

it'll cost him the chance of playing. all the squad members get the medals etc.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Feb 2008 11:15

Ideal
Archie's penalty What an idiot and what a shame...

No, I AM the idiot.

Ghana are at home. Somehow the personell GET IN THE WAY of the Cameroon physio's, and PREVENT THEM from doing their work.
Presumably they did this on purpouse to get the player out of the way so Ghana could have a better chance of equalising...

All you oxf*rd oxf*rd assholes who support Bikey for doing this don't have a oxf*rd clue.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Feb 2008 11:15

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal

Player C pushes one of the medical staff over 20 metres. Regular occurence.

That is not the point. You asked why he was getting involved and I answered that. The incident in question is totally irrelevant.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Feb 2008 11:32

how can the incedent in question be irrelevant if its the incedent in question?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Feb 2008 11:39

brendywendy how can the incedent in question be irrelevant if its the incedent in question?

It's "incident" BTW. :wink:

Players get involved in incidents all over the pitch in every match that don't actually concern them. That is why this particular incident is irrelevant to the point I am making.

For example Lita's yellow card against Bolton. He had no need to get involved with the placement of the ball for the freekick but he did. In Bikey's eyes he was just helping out a team mate who was being about to be "man handled" by someone.

Did he need to get involved no, but not all players think like that on the football pitch. Just look at the Chelsea team.......

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 08 Feb 2008 15:13

fair oxf*rd to him, obviously wanted to miss the final and get back over here to help us out

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Feb 2008 15:15

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08022008/1/coppell-convinced-bikey-red.html

He shouldn't have done what he did, but this story makes interesting reading.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Feb 2008 15:23

what else would Coppell say?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 08 Feb 2008 15:26

kingstonRoyal
Dirk Gently
chilipepper91 Can you actually be sent off for that? Technically...

Violent conduct doesn't have to be directed just at opponents.

Remeber Eric Cantona?

Why? Cantona had already been sent off for kicking at the Palace centreback.

A better example would be Dyer vs Bowyer.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Feb 2008 15:51

Does anyone know if Bikey still carries a gun?
Let's hope he doesn't try to track down the steward.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Feb 2008 15:55

Victor Meldrew Does anyone know if Bikey still carries a gun?
Let's hope he doesn't try to track down the steward.

I don't know but apparently Hahnemann was seen heading on to a Ghanian Airways flight early this morning.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 08 Feb 2008 16:33

Ideal Exactly. He could have had a broken ankle or whatever. Then these ghanaian officials push away the physios so they can't do their job. I fully understand why Bikey blew a fuse. They had it coming.

Having watched the video clip the official clearly pushed the physio just as Bikey approaches the melee. You see the physion lose his balance and fall from his knees to the floor.

162 posts