buy 3 games get 1 free...

kproyal

buy 3 games get 1 free...

by kproyal » 12 Feb 2008 18:06

I know its not a lot of money and it will help get supporters into the Mad Stad ( afterall we need all the support we can get at the mo!) but do any other season ticket holders feel this is a bit unfair? fair enough the club needs to put on special offers / promotions to generate sales but being a season ticket holder i do feel a bit hard done by when i see offers like this, given we are the ones that stump up the cash at the start of the season shouldnt we be entitled to some sort of refund, or offers
being a home and away season ticket holder it would be nice if they did similar schemes for us, ie for the tottenham cup replay game offered us the home game at a reduced rate having been up to white hart lane for the away leg.....

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: buy 3 games get 1 free...

by The 17 Bus » 12 Feb 2008 18:15

you are a cash cow, get used to it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Feb 2008 18:18

Don't our ST allow us to see all the games at a slightly reduced price to the "normal" price anyway? I doubt we've lost much (if any) money with this scheme. It's just one of the gambles you take when you purchase an ST. At least we're guaranteed to see every game (not that that is a consolation at the moment!)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Feb 2008 18:22

Others' gain is not your loss.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 12 Feb 2008 19:31

The discount to STH at the Mad Stad is very poor and less than many other clubs. A ST in East, Lower West or North Stands cost £545. On a match by match basis members would pay 7 x £35 + 5 x £32 + 7 x £28 Total £601. The discount is therefore equal to two silver category games. The club actually claim a saving of £132 but in so doing are comparing with non member prices. The answer is therefore that the 4 for 3 0ffer is more generous on a pro rata basis except that ST holders get free admission to reserve games!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Feb 2008 21:32

Platypuss Others' gain is not your loss.

Agreed. Season ticket holders have a guaranteed seat at every home league game of the season; surely this is what a ST-holder pays for, not for the benefit of saving a feq quid on pay as you go ticket prices?

This argument has come up before.

fridays child

by fridays child » 13 Feb 2008 08:27

North Somerset Royal except that ST holders get free admission to reserve games!

No we don't, and yes I feel slightly 'cheated'

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 13 Feb 2008 09:48

fridays child
North Somerset Royal except that ST holders get free admission to reserve games!

Yes we do - except when they move it to the Mad Stad for Chelsea...........

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 06,00.html

royalflush

by royalflush » 13 Feb 2008 10:46

Any additional cost that guarantees that I don't have to sit in the atmospheric void that is the South Stand has to be money well spent in my view.

Personally (as a ST holder) I would rather see the club run initiatives like this rather than loads of empty seats.

If it upsets you that much, Id suggest not renewing your ST next season in the hope that they run a similar scheme.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Feb 2008 12:00

fridays child

yes we do

take your season ticket along to aldershot tonight, show the guy at the season ticket holders turnstyle your ticket and you will get on for free

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Feb 2008 12:03

kproyal I know its not a lot of money and it will help get supporters into the Mad Stad ( afterall we need all the support we can get at the mo!) but do any other season ticket holders feel this is a bit unfair? fair enough the club needs to put on special offers / promotions to generate sales but being a season ticket holder i do feel a bit hard done by when i see offers like this, given we are the ones that stump up the cash at the start of the season shouldnt we be entitled to some sort of refund, or offers
being a home and away season ticket holder it would be nice if they did similar schemes for us, ie for the tottenham cup replay game offered us the home game at a reduced rate having been up to white hart lane for the away leg.....

This is not the first time the club has run this promotion

We used to do it years ago when we were struggling to get 10000 at some games. I "benefitted" from this type of promotion in the past, as did the club as I may not have come to all 4 games within the promotion.

I have no gripe in running promotions to fill the ground and attract new supporters.

fridays child

by fridays child » 13 Feb 2008 12:34

weybridgewanderer
fridays child

yes we do

take your season ticket along to aldershot tonight, show the guy at the season ticket holders turnstyle your ticket and you will get on for free

I stand corrected but how many ST holders actually do this.

Mr. Mad's Mad Maid
Location: Cheerily raising cash for kids at http://www.justgiving.com/ boardfreegoodwood

by Mr. Mad's Mad Maid » 13 Feb 2008 13:08

fridays child
I stand corrected

Don't let a steward catch you young man

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Feb 2008 13:32

fridays child
I stand corrected but how many ST holders actually do this.

I have no idea how to find the attendance at reserve games never mind identify how many season ticket holders got in for free.

Couple of hundered perhaps. I've done it a few times this season

fridays child

by fridays child » 14 Feb 2008 08:39

Suspect the vast majority are 'locals' rather than mad Stad regulars.

If I lived over that way then I'd pop along even if I wasn't a Royal

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 14 Feb 2008 08:50

fridays child Suspect the vast majority are 'locals' rather than mad Stad regulars.

Why would you go to watch someone elses reserves?? I would have thought more likely to ge see a proper game and follow Aldershot

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 14 Feb 2008 10:54

fridays child Suspect the vast majority are 'locals' rather than mad Stad regulars.

The "vast majority" are wearing Reading shirts which would suggest they are Royals rather than Aldershot fans

Its easier for me to get to shots than to the mad stad

We run a bus to every home game from farnborough so there must be a reasonable number season ticket and member card holders in the area
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 14 Feb 2008 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 14 Feb 2008 11:15

One Beer is never enough.
fridays child

Yes we do - except when they move it to the Mad Stad for Chelsea...........

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 06,00.html

What's the betting they move the Arsenal one next Thursday, and charge for it? The boy has been plaguing me all season about going to a reserve match, and this would be the ideal opportunity for us to go. But having twice paid full price to see a fair chunk of the Reserves already this season (in the FA Cup games against Spurs), I'm not prepared to fork out again.

Free entry to ALL reserve games for Season Ticket holders PLEASE, RFC!

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 14 Feb 2008 13:55

cmonurz
Platypuss Others' gain is not your loss.

Agreed. Season ticket holders have a guaranteed seat at every home league game of the season; surely this is what a ST-holder pays for, not for the benefit of saving a feq quid on pay as you go ticket prices?

This argument has come up before.

By that reasoning there was no point in having an ST then for the last 4-5 years as the Mad Stad was never full.

The discount for members should be reflected if the club had any loyalty to the ST holders. They just want our cash though and don't even seem interested in re-investing it.

I'm right, aren't I?

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 14 Feb 2008 16:52

If they go ahead with the stadium expansion (I know, I know) it will probably be "Buy one get three free". Then you have the right to feel aggrieved.