Emerse Fae

170 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Emerse Fae

by Arch » 27 Jan 2008 18:27

Ideal Nantes.. (Who??? Are they the Brighton of France?? Who t f are they??).. I don't know, guess they've got a team, not that I ever heard of them much before.
Way to sabotage your own credibility in this debate!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Jan 2008 18:29

Royal Rother People like Ideal will never ever learn.

Up until precisely 120 minutes of football ago, Cisse had looked even less of a prospect than Fae.

Now we know that he has something pretty special in his locker and that he is capable of playing to a very high standard in the PL.

Fae cost 4 times as much as Cisse, so at this stage to write him off as a horrendous signing is, as pretty much to be expected, a quite ridiculous over-reaction from one of the masters of the art.

But Fae came from Nantes of all places. WTF are they?
Cisse came from Boavista of all places. WTF are they?
Hunt came from Brentford of all places. WTF are they?
Kitson came from Cambridge of all places WTH are they?
Doyle came from Cork of all places. Double WTF are they?

Etc. etc. etc.

You are one priceless piece of work Ideal. :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2008 19:22

anyone writing fae off at this point in time is either stupid or know bugger all about football

as well as the overused examples of Convey and Drogba, there is also Evra who when he first arrived in the Prem everyone said he was useless defensively, and yet 2 years later he is regarded by many as the best left-back in the premiership

patience is a virtue

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Jan 2008 19:27

Indeed so Winchester. A lot of people are happy to write Fae off with very limited knowledge about his ability.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Jan 2008 19:44

winchester_royal anyone writing fae off at this point in time is either stupid or know bugger all about football

as well as the overused examples of Convey and Drogba, there is also Evra who when he first arrived in the Prem everyone said he was useless defensively, and yet 2 years later he is regarded by many as the best left-back in the premiership

patience is a virtue
let's not forget Adebayor playing like he had ankles made from rubber for a good while at Arsenal.

Saying that though, going back to the Convey example, there was the occasional flash of skill in his first year where you could see what he was about. The limited appearances of Fae haven't really offered similar.

While you can hardly blame him for everything, it doesn't help that games he's played in have been...

Bolton 0-3
West Ham 0-3
Sunderland 1-2
Portsmouth 4-7
Blackburn 2-4
Arsenal 1-3

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Jan 2008 00:09

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
winchester_royal anyone writing fae off at this point in time is either stupid or know bugger all about football

patience is a virtue
let's not forget Adebayor playing like he had ankles made from rubber for a good while at Arsenal.

Saying that though, going back to the Convey example, there was the occasional flash of skill in his first year where you could see what he was about. The limited appearances of Fae haven't really offered similar.

While you can hardly blame him for everything, it doesn't help that games he's played in have been...

Bolton 0-3
West Ham 0-3
Sunderland 1-2
Portsmouth 4-7
Blackburn 2-4
Arsenal 1-3

You shine a harsh light on him Your Reverence.
I know you're not blaming him for those defeats because they also coincide with some of Coppell's experimental 5-man-midfields

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 28 Jan 2008 08:22

Congratulations Ideal, you completely missed the obvious point 2 world wars was making. A spectacular feat.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Jan 2008 11:36

I went to watch Lille v PSG on Saturday (look at me). They were both shit - he'd fit right in.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2008 06:36

Gordons Cumming I know many transfers are a risk, in fact mostly all of them, but he and Halford do smack of poor scouting to me.

I still fail to see how Halford has anything at all to do with anything and it totally baffles me that he is even mentioned as a failure. We chose to make a profit on him instead of develop him. Therefore good business. Therefore a success. End of discussion.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 19 Feb 2008 08:42

I dont think people on here are giving Fae a fair crack of the whip - judge him over a sustained period of first team football and not a bit part period- the guy obviously has talent, otherwise why were we chasing him for two years?? - As stated before, if his style doesnt fit in, then don't blame the player, blame the scouting network that would have tracked his performances over that time.

By now they should know the type of players Coppell wants at Reading - so id get shot of the scouts before the player.

He'll come good given the opportunity - but then again fans don't have the patience to allow him that time to adapt. The probably we have at Reading is that Harper, who has provided insipid performances far more regularly than Fae, appears to be the golden child, and because of that there is little opportunity for Fae to break in, given the Matejovsky is the playmaker.

We were patient with Convey when he first came along at what was a near record transfer - and whilst his form is somewhat wanting now - his form is his second season was sublime - who says that Fae cant be the same

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Feb 2008 10:30

Ideal quote="Ideal"]
Southbank Old Boy The main difference is the trust Drogba's manager still showed (or was able to show at least) in his signing in playing him week in week out. He learnt to play by playing.

No.
The MAIN difference between Fae and Drogba was that Drogba was a class act. He had already been scoring hattricks in the champions league with his previous club. He was destined to succeed because of SUPERIOR ABILITY.
I just can not see the same in Fae.

This is political correctness gone too far!
Before joining Chelsea, Didier Drogba played for... Olympique Marseille. Top team. Kept banging in hattricks in the champions league, getting rave reviews. Scoring 30-something goals in all competitions. Simply put, he was the best player in the league by a long shot. I had heard of him before he joined Chelsea, saw him on the champions league tv broadcasts now and then and thought "wow, that guy is a smashing player, he's going to be great"...

Before joining Reading, Emerse Fae (who t f is that??) played for.. Nantes.. (Who??? Are they the Brighton of France?? Who t f are they??).. I don't know, guess they've got a team, not that I ever heard of them much before. According to wikipedia he had scored eight goals for them. Had to check to be sure.

If you can't understand there is an ENORMOUS difference in the two players ability then that is just shocking.
Emerse Fae isn't good enough to play for our reserves, while Drogba on the other hand is probably among the five best strikers in the world. That just says it all.
If you think this has anything to do with "equal opportunity" then you are going down the wrong path.

I don't even know why we are debating this, I rate Oster above Fae, and that says a lot because I happen to think Oster isn't good enough to play in this division.
[/quote]
nantes are a pretty big team in france-marseille aint that good you know-used to be
and comparing two players abilities by number of goals scored, when one is a striker and one is a midfielder, is slightly daft

drogba had a huge number of gamnes to get to grips with our style, fae has had a tiny fraction of that-given the chance he will prove himself, and id be happy, if we sell him on i wont be surprised either

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2008 10:37

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Gordons Cumming I know many transfers are a risk, in fact mostly all of them, but he and Halford do smack of poor scouting to me.

I still fail to see how Halford has anything at all to do with anything and it totally baffles me that he is even mentioned as a failure. We chose to make a profit on him instead of develop him. Therefore good business. Therefore a success. End of discussion.

ALOL

'chose to make a profit'

Yep that was the entire point, just sign here Greg, we are choosing to make a profit on you in 3 months time when you turn out worse than Paul Bodin.

We signed a highly rated young player who turned out not good enough for the Premeirship, we got extremely lucky that someone else thought the same as we originally did. Otherwise it would have been another John Halls. Another RFC masterstroke from the last 2 years of abysmal and failed signings.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Feb 2008 11:41

Alan Partridge
2 world wars, 1 world cup

ALOL

'chose to make a profit'

Yep that was the entire point, just sign here Greg, we are choosing to make a profit on you in 3 months time when you turn out worse than Paul Bodin.

We signed a highly rated young player who turned out not good enough for the Premeirship, we got extremely lucky that someone else thought the same as we originally did. Otherwise it would have been another John Halls. Another RFC masterstroke from the last 2 years of abysmal and failed signings.

two years of abysmal and failed signings is more than pushing it a little.

emerse fae hasnt come off............. yet.
halford wasnt deemed a good fit and sold on at a profit
who else from the list is an abysmal failure ?

seol?
cisse?
marek?
rosenior?-maybe-but always going to be for the post murty era
dela?
duberry?

i think theyve all been pretty good.and for pennies

but then thats why i suppose im wearing these RTspecs

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2008 11:44

' think theyve all been pretty good.and for pennies'

And that's why Sir we are sitting in 18th place.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Feb 2008 11:48

Alan Partridge ' think theyve all been pretty good.and for pennies'

what? becuase i think they are pretty good?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2008 11:49

brendywendy

pennies.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys as the phrase goes.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Feb 2008 11:53

Alan Partridge
brendywendy

pennies.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys as the phrase goes.

thats just a pointless saying

you can quite easily pay in platinum and get monkeys too
or get monkeys that a year later turn into great footballers

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 19 Feb 2008 11:55

great Championship footballers

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2008 11:56

Wax Jacket great Championship footballers

Quite.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Feb 2008 12:05

Wax Jacket great Championship footballers

the list is huge, players bought for millions who were rubbish, at every team, even the big ones-

some succeed straight away-henry-torres
some fail and are shipped out-djemba djemba-veron
others take a while to acclimatise but come back stronger-drogba, ballack

paying the increased wages and fees is no guarantee of success
&
losing a milllion on fae if he fails and is sold? > losing 15 M on veron

170 posts