Hunt Matejovsky Harper Convey
Lita Kitson

Federici
Ingimarsson
Oster
Doyle
Long

Sonko is suspended...

I thought a suspension for five yellows kicks in on the 7th day after - he would therefore be free to play on Saturday.

So would you play Bikey or Sonko if Superman is available?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Team for Boro

by Platypuss » 25 Feb 2008 13:47

Bikey, but that still doesn't mean Sonko is suspended!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 13:48

Huntley & Palmer When is Doobs back, we could do with an experienced head like him in the centre currently

I agree but he played badly against Boro away last year (admittedly against Viduka and Yakubu who aren't there anymore)...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Feb 2008 13:53

That was his first ever game for us and had only been with the squad for two weeks. I think the guy is allowed one small blemish during that period. I can certainly count on one hand the amount of mistakes Doobs has made since being here, it's certainly about 37 instances less than Cisse and Sonko this season

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 13:57

Huntley & Palmer That was his first ever game for us and had only been with the squad for two weeks. I think the guy is allowed one small blemish during that period. I can certainly count on one hand the amount of mistakes Doobs has made since being here, it's certainly about 37 instances less than Cisse and Sonko this season

So you would play Bikey and Doobs at the back then? I would be happy with that.

Btw I think Sonko and Cisse made about 37 mistakes between them against Villa alone!

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 25 Feb 2008 13:58

I would play this team:

GK: Hahnemann
RB: Murty
CB: Sonko
CB: Ingimarsson
LB: Shorey
RM: Rosenior
CM: Matejovsky
CM: Harper
LM: Hunt
CF: Lita
CF: Kebe

Rosenior should be in to provide Murts with some help on the right. Oster doesnt provide anything defensively and we were caught short on the right a few times on Sunday.

Kebe has the height of Kitson but is also quick. Kits doesnt look himself at the moment and I think Kebe could be good upfront.

Lita - Coppell needs to put personality clashes aside and do what is right for the club and that means playing the onl natural goalscorer we have.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Feb 2008 13:58

I'd actually prefer to play Ivar and Doobs. I don't rate Bikey whatsoever, switches off far too easily in games

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 14:00

Huntley & Palmer I'd actually prefer to play Ivar and Doobs. I don't rate Bikey whatsoever, switches off far too easily in games

Hmm. Not sure. Ingi and Doobs were part of our illustrious defence that let in 7 at Portsmouth were they not?

Fezza

by Fezza » 25 Feb 2008 14:07

Marcus
Murty
Shorey
Cisse
Ivar
Rosenior
Hunt
Karacan
Mateyovski
Lita
Doyle

Bench: A Fed, Bikely, Dela, Kitson, Kebe

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 14:09

Fezza Marcus
Murty
Shorey
Cisse
Ivar
Rosenior
Hunt
Karacan
Mateyovski
Lita
Doyle

Does anyone know if Karacan can tackle?

Fezza

by Fezza » 25 Feb 2008 14:13

Archie's penalty
Fezza Marcus
Murty
Shorey
Cisse
Ivar
Rosenior
Hunt
Karacan
Mateyovski
Lita
Doyle

Described as a young Parkey by one poster after the last couple of reserve wins!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 14:16

Fezza
Archie's penalty
Fezza Marcus
Murty
Shorey
Cisse
Ivar
Rosenior
Hunt
Karacan
Mateyovski
Lita
Doyle

Described as a young Parkey by one poster after the last couple of reserve wins!

If he's quicker than Parky it can't hurt to have him in the squad! I would love to have a Batty type midfielder at the moment, snapping at everyone's heels...

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 25 Feb 2008 14:17

I wouldn't expect too many changes from yesterday's starting line up given that the reserves' line up for tonight's game is this:
Adam Federici
Liam Rosenior
Ulises De La Cruz
Jem Karacan
Andre Bikey
Alan Bennett
Jimmy Kebe
Leroy Lita
Shane Long
John Halls
Oliver Bozanic

Subs:
Scott Golbourne
Alex McCarthy
Julian Kelly
Tom Hateley
Viktor Illugason

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 25 Feb 2008 14:20

Fezza
Archie's penalty Does anyone know if Karacan can tackle?

He must have had an off-day against The Arse. He was OK, but based on that match I could fully understand SC's comments about none of the fringe players making a strong case for inclusion. His tackling wasn't bad from what I recall, but nothing to make you think he'd make the considerable step up in class.

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 25 Feb 2008 14:23

cmonurz
mzungu_royal well stop having a dig at SC then

Coppell is one of the sources of our problems. Is he your Mum or something? :wink:

No, i just think some of you write before you think. SC is a really good manager. yes, we may have lost 8 in a row but technically its our fault (the fans) because we havent backed the boys when we are going through going bad times. Some of us (not me), see the need to leave 10 minutes early to avoid traffic rather than to back the boys. So as said many times at the Mad Stad, back the boys and make some POSITIVE noise, CMONURZZZZZZZZ

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 14:23

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I wouldn't expect too many changes from yesterday's starting line up given that the reserves' line up for tonight's game is this:
Adam Federici
Liam Rosenior
Ulises De La Cruz
Jem Karacan
Andre Bikey
Alan Bennett
Jimmy Kebe
Leroy Lita
Shane Long
John Halls
Oliver Bozanic

Subs:
Scott Golbourne
Alex McCarthy
Julian Kelly
Tom Hateley
Viktor Illugason

Yes but they are playing monday. That gives them plenty of time to recover for saturday. Coppell will presumably be watching this reserve game VERY closely...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Feb 2008 14:25

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I wouldn't expect too many changes from yesterday's starting line up given that the reserves' line up for tonight's game

I would say the opposite with so many fringe first teamers in the line up - I think he is saying go out there and show me why you should be part of my "radical" changes for the next Premiership game.

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 25 Feb 2008 14:27

Archie's penalty
The Surgeon of Crowthorne I wouldn't expect too many changes from yesterday's starting line up given that the reserves' line up for tonight's game is this:
Adam Federici
Liam Rosenior
Ulises De La Cruz
Jem Karacan
Andre Bikey
Alan Bennett
Jimmy Kebe
Leroy Lita
Shane Long
John Halls
Oliver Bozanic

Subs:
Scott Golbourne
Alex McCarthy
Julian Kelly
Tom Hateley
Viktor Illugason

Yes but they are playing monday. That gives them plenty of time to recover for saturday. Coppell will presumably be watching this reserve game VERY closely...

Of course he will, he'll see how good the kids are and he'll see that MAYBE some WILL be included into the team for the match against Boro. Btw, what ref are we having for this game? Where's the ref watch and the other business? Any link to this?

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 25 Feb 2008 14:28

Wycombe Royal
The Surgeon of Crowthorne I wouldn't expect too many changes from yesterday's starting line up given that the reserves' line up for tonight's game

I would say the opposite with so many fringe first teamers in the line up - I think he is saying go out there and show me why you should be part of my "radical" changes for the next Premiership game.

I guess you'd have to hope so - but this is the same (or at least very similar) stiffs squad that played mid-week last week & none of those made their way into yesterday's starting team.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Feb 2008 14:29

Wycombe Royal

I agree. If you look at the last couple of reserve games it seems Coppell has gradually been coming round to the realisation that he needs to change things. Hopefully he has realised just in time...

193 posts