LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:28

I haven’t read the rest of this thread, save for Gordon Cumming’s admirable but misguided support of our manager. I am sure I share the utter disbelief of the majority of Reading fans that with Reading in the relegation zone, and having struggled to score goals for two months, Coppell has sent Lita out on loan. What a short-sighted and selfish decision.

In utter shock at this, what a farce. We are now relying on Shane Long, who hasn’t so much as looked like scoring since his last goal (in OCTOBER), let alone actually found the back of the net, to provide support to our misfiring front two.

I am completely prepared to reverse my opinion if it emerges that Lita has been caught raping Coppell’s pet rabbit.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:28

rob the royal i'm sure half you lot thought leroy was poo until we started losing every game.

personally i think he should have been given a chance, but looking back to when we've seen him play this season can we really say that he'd do much better than doyle or kitson just cos he's netted a few for the reserves?

i was shocked when i saw this, but at the end of the day it changes nothing, if we get desperate we can just recall him can't we? well that's what i thought. if we can't it's only until the end of the month anyway. so he's only missing 4 games. if he comes back having bagged a hatful and then gets a run in the team and saves us then nobody will be complaining

Spot on.... It is mainly the people who said Leroy was sh1t and that he shouldnt be anywhere near the team that are now moaning that he has been loaned out... moan moan moan...get a life.

Personally I would like to have seen Lita play about 3 months back as I thought it was obvious that Doyle is not firing on all cylinders this season and I much prefer the Kitson/Lita partnership.

As it is evident that he is obviously out of favour then this news makes no difference.

Still have faith in Coppell... you don't become a bad manager in 1 season after being in the game as long as he has.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 11:31

holsgrove breaks a leg
Wycombe Royal
Rawlie19 And it's only for a month. Calm down people, the sky isn't really falling, it's just an acorn.

Yes it's only for 28 days. But in those 28 days we have FOUR Premiership matches. Four matches where we cannot get an injury to a striker. It's a very big risk.

and wasn't it coppell himself who said that it was important to have 4 strikers available at the club??....

Coppell has NEVER contradicted himself before EVER. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:33

And what’s all this ‘it’s only for a month’ crap? We have 4 key league games at the next month – including 3 winnable home matches which may be vital to us staying up.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 11:34

cmonurz And what’s all this ‘it’s only for a month’ crap? We have 4 key league games at the next month – including 3 winnable home matches which may be vital to us staying up.

Quite.

The next month will play a HUGE bearing on where Reading are next season.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 05 Mar 2008 11:38

Unbelieveable.

Utterly.

What are we doing? Why didn't we sign a striker in Jan? Answer be that fckukin question? Because you rate Lita so little your prepared to send him out on loan?

This sums up Coppell 100%. When he can sign someone he says he's happy with the squad, as soon as the window shuts he's starts showing that he wasn't happy with the squad. If he'd let Lita go in January he'd have had to sign a replacement, letting him go know means he doesn't have to by anyone. Which is just yet another example of Coppell not having the bottle to sign anyone significant.

Yet another utterly clueless decision from the man, who yes has done great for us, but this season has made terrible decsion after terrible decision that have been the root cause of our appaling season.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 11:39

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Unbelieveable.

Utterly.

What are we doing? Why didn't we sign a striker in Jan? Answer be that fckukin question? Because you rate Lita so little your prepared to send him out on loan?

This sums up Coppell 100%. When he can sign someone he says he's happy with the squad, as soon as the window shuts he's starts showing that he wasn't happy with the squad. If he'd let Lita go in January he'd have had to sign a replacement, letting him go know means he doesn't have to by anyone. Which is just yet another example of Coppell not having the bottle to sign anyone significant.

Yet another utterly clueless decision from the man, who yes has done great for us, but this season has made terrible decsion after terrible decision that have been the root cause of our appaling season.

Harsh...but ultimately correct.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 05 Mar 2008 11:39

Dear me. If I didn't think it could get any worse. We scrape through without him at Boro and now we don't need him Steve? If you didn't notice it seems our 'strikers' don't score goals anymore... Having another option like Lita should be a prority, not playing a percentages game where you hope the form of Kitson, Doyle and Long is going to change. I hope for all our sakes it does but what a disaster for the club if it doesn't.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 11:43

Look at all the STG's crawling out of the closet after the hamlet cigar moment of saturday and onwards :lol:

Fwiw I'm a little disappointed. I do think Kebe could do a job up front for us though.

Surely it's better to give Long, Doyle and Kitson (and Kebe) our support than go crazy about the departure of a player who hasn't scored in the league ALL season?

Coppell a terrible manager? Don't make me laugh!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:45

Doyle – no goals in last 12 appearances dating back to 8th December
Long – no goals in last 17 appearances (27th October)
Kitson – no goals in last 7 appearances (29th December)

This is not the time to be loaning out our only other striking option, not least one who has scored 6 goals in 3 weeks for the reserves. If Lita was this out of favour, why the hell did we let Cox join Swindon?!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Mar 2008 11:46

Its a baffling, bizarre and frankly worrying decision but where has all this nonsense about Coppell being "selfish" and doing it for his "personal" reasons come from.

You'd have to be totally blinkered to think that a decision like this isn't going to earn you a huge amount of stick. The "selfish" thing would be to continue playing Lita in the reserves not ship him out on a months loan so everyone can join a queue to hammer you.

If things have really broken down between Lita and Coppell (and no-one really knows for sure ) then rather than let things continue to fester , giving Lita a month away from the situation might just see him return with a different outlook for the final 6 games of the season. Its not just about Lita, its about the effect his alledged disaffection might have on the the other 20 players who are vital to our survival.

Dont get me wrong, i'm as perturbed by the decision as anyone but surely people don't honestly believe its done for any other reason than Coppell thinks its the best thing for the whole squad.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:47

Archie's penalty Look at all the STG's crawling out of the closet after the hamlet cigar moment of saturday and onwards :lol:

Fwiw I'm a little disappointed. I do think Kebe could do a job up front for us though.

Surely it's better to give Long, Doyle and Kitson (and Kebe) our support than go crazy about the departure of a player who hasn't scored in the league ALL season?

Coppell a terrible manager? Don't make me laugh!

RTG or not, you are correct Sir.

Elmski

by Elmski » 05 Mar 2008 11:47

SC, knows what he is doing, greatest manager in history of RFC even if we go down!

i bet the rest of the squad are happy that hes gone!!, we dont need LIta!!

Hunt, Kebbe, Oster, Convey could if needed play up front as well as Bikey!! 8)

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 05 Mar 2008 11:48

Can someone remind me how many Premier League goals his "natural goalscorer" has scored this season to justify his God-like status?

Oh yes, a big fat zero.

On his inept performances this season - remember Newcastle at home? - I just don't understand why he has this legion of devoted fans screaming for his inclusion. I think you've all gone mad, never mind Steve Coppell.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:48

cmonurz Doyle – no goals in last 12 appearances dating back to 8th December

This is not the time to be loaning out our only other striking option, not least one who has scored 6 goals in 3 weeks for the reserves. If Lita was this out of favour, why the hell did we let Cox join Swindon?!

Lita's stats for the whole season please!!!

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Mar 2008 11:49

I'm sure Coppell himself is aware that we only have 3 strikers + Kebe now and it's not the revelation some people might think. So there must be a very good reason for it because we are left in a precarious position. I was hoping Lita would start this weekend ahead of Long, obviously not going to happen now!

So why?
Lita is obviously a disruptive c*** and he hasn't been great [understatement] when he has played so far this season. But he's bagged a few in for the reserves which has got to count for something? Would like to hear Coppell's honest explaination.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:50

Londinium and Archie’s Penalty must be confused – I don’t think there is a Reading fan on this board who won’t be giving our remaining players all the support they can muster this weekend. But that is a complete irrelevance in relation to Coppell’s baffling decision to ship Lita out.

Unless Lita has refused to play for the club, I can’t think of any ‘breaking down’ of the relationship between Lita and the club that should necessitate his being loaned out.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 11:50

Vision Its a baffling, bizarre and frankly worrying decision but where has all this nonsense about Coppell being "selfish" and doing it for his "personal" reasons come from.

You'd have to be totally blinkered to think that a decision like this isn't going to earn you a huge amount of stick. The "selfish" thing would be to continue playing Lita in the reserves not ship him out on a months loan so everyone can join a queue to hammer you.

If things have really broken down between Lita and Coppell (and no-one really knows for sure ) then rather than let things continue to fester , giving Lita a month away from the situation might just see him return with a different outlook for the final 6 games of the season. Its not just about Lita, its about the effect his alledged disaffection might have on the the other 20 players who are vital to our survival.

Dont get me wrong, i'm as perturbed by the decision as anyone but surely people don't honestly believe its done for any other reason than Coppell thinks its the best thing for the whole squad.

Interesting points Vision. It is a weird decision. Who knows what has caused it but as you say Coppell in some ways has been very brave to do what he has done.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:51

cmonurz Londinium and Archie’s Penalty must be confused – I don’t think there is a Reading fan on this board who won’t be giving our remaining players all the support they can muster this weekend. But that is a complete irrelevance in relation to Coppell’s baffling decision to ship Lita out.

Unless Lita has refused to play for the club, I can’t think of any ‘breaking down’ of the relationship between Lita and the club that should necessitate his being loaned out.

You got Lita's stats yet?....please

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:51

londinium
cmonurz Doyle – no goals in last 12 appearances dating back to 8th December

Lita's stats for the whole season please!!!

Which completely misses the point as I have highlighted our strikers’ current run of form. Lita’s current form is 6 goals in his last 4 games.

407 posts