LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2008 11:51

cmonurz Doyle – no goals in last 12 appearances dating back to 8th December
Long – no goals in last 17 appearances (27th October)
Kitson – no goals in last 7 appearances (29th December)

This is not the time to be loaning out our only other striking option, not least one who has scored 6 goals in 3 weeks for the reserves. If Lita was this out of favour, why the hell did we let Cox join Swindon?!

you forgot to add lita to the list- no league goals since............. i cant even remember when, but its longer than any of those, and he has played, starting games and as sub all through the season in patches

its clear that this is a recent development or clearly cox would not have been lat go at all.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

by SpaceCruiser » 05 Mar 2008 11:52

Lita last scored on the 28th August, against Swansea in the League Cup.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2008 11:53

SpaceCruiser Lita last scored on the 28th August, against Swansea in the League Cup.

in the league?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 11:53

The Goat was fed Can someone remind me how many Premier League goals his "natural goalscorer" has scored this season to justify his God-like status?

Oh yes, a big fat zero.

On his inept performances this season - remember Newcastle at home? - I just don't understand why he has this legion of devoted fans screaming for his inclusion. I think you've all gone mad, never mind Steve Coppell.

Comes in, plays 1 maybe 2 games, doesn't score then we don't see him for 6 months. All well and good people saying LEroy hasn't scored either but of the 4 he's easily had the least amount of minutes on the pitch. Can't score if your sat in the stand!!

doyle no goals since the plague, every week he's in the team.

God like status? No. A lad obviously in a little bit of form for the ressies, with a proven track record yes, now not available. Rubbish.
Last edited by Alan Partridge on 05 Mar 2008 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:53

cmonurz Londinium and Archie’s Penalty must be confused – I don’t think there is a Reading fan on this board who won’t be giving our remaining players all the support they can muster this weekend. But that is a complete irrelevance in relation to Coppell’s baffling decision to ship Lita out.

Unless Lita has refused to play for the club, I can’t think of any ‘breaking down’ of the relationship between Lita and the club that should necessitate his being loaned out.

There is obviously a reason Lita hasnt even been on the bench... whether or not we get to know is irrelevant...Coppell must have a very good reason as he has proved he is a good manager over the years and wouldn't make a decision like this without good reason.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:55

AP hits the nail on the head – Lita is expected to come into the team and score goals for fun. Doyle is given as long as he needs to ‘find his form’, and Long is afforded some ‘impact sub’ status by Coppell despite only 7 goals in 53 league appearances for Reading.

Can’t really judge Lita’s (lack of) contribution to the side when he has barely appeared since Xmas.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 11:57

Alan Partridge
The Goat was fed Can someone remind me how many Premier League goals his "natural goalscorer" has scored this season to justify his God-like status?

Oh yes, a big fat zero.

On his inept performances this season - remember Newcastle at home? - I just don't understand why he has this legion of devoted fans screaming for his inclusion. I think you've all gone mad, never mind Steve Coppell.

Comes in, plays 1 maybe 2 games, doesn't score then we don't see him for 6 months. All well and good people saying LEroy hasn't scored either but of the 4 he's easily had the least amount of minutes on the pitch. Can't score if your sat in the stand!!

doyle no goals since the plague, every week he's in the team.

God like status? No. A lad obviously in a little bit of form for the ressies, with a proven track record yes, now not available. Rubbish.[/quote]

This makes you think that it is a non footballing reason though doesn't it.

If that is the case then it is better not to have him at the club.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 11:57

brendywendy
SpaceCruiser Lita last scored on the 28th August, against Swansea in the League Cup.

in the league?

Febuary 3rd 2007.

Man City away.

Speaks volumes.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 05 Mar 2008 11:58

As suspected the majority of this board have gone off down a predictable route. We need goals, Lita has been scoring for the RESERVES, so why is he out on loan?

Well if I can put a possible theory forward.

Firstly the truth is we haven't created chances to score goals. Doyle has been playing on the right midfield and Kitson seems to be out wide more than Hunt FFS!!! How many clear chances have we created in the last 10 games? How many times has Doyle been running through on the last defender? How many decent crosses have been swung in aimed at Kitson? The simple answer is NOT enough. If we had had Torres up front in those games he also would have lacked any chances. So the there is more to the view that Kitson and Doyle can't score for toffee. They, as any stiker does, need quality service. This is where we hope Matejovsky, Kebe etc can now start to provide.

Lita has scored for the RESERVES and in the last few first team matches he has played TBF he has not done much. He gave away a freekick against Bolton for the first goal because of his attitude. At this stage of the season any player who is frustrated MUST be able to channel it, into their game. I don't think Lita can be trusted, at this moment to do this.

I would rather have Doyle, Kits and Long. All hard working, all with a good attitude and all WILL score if given the right service.

I am more interested in Convey getting back than Lita, as he has been impressive in the lats 2 ressie games. Much more so than Lita.

And the last point, is that yes it is for a month and we have big games left this season so he wll miss 4 of them but if he finds his scoring touch in FIRST Team action and proves his attitude he will be back and in line for the game at Newcastle, if we need him.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 05 Mar 2008 11:59

brendywendy

in the league?

Before that, he'd scored a goal against Man Utd in the FA Cup replay on the 27th Feb 2007 and before that was his two goals against Man City on the 3rd February 2007. How many games has he played since those goals, I wonder?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Mar 2008 11:59

HNA never fails to make me laugh.

You're all going to look silly.

Trust me. :wink:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 11:59

Archie's penalty
brendywendy

in the league?

Febuary 3rd 2007.

Man City away.

Speaks volumes.

Since when he has started 12 league games, which is the same number of starts as since Doyle last scored for Reading.

The Cube

by The Cube » 05 Mar 2008 12:00

cmonurz
londinium
cmonurz Doyle – no goals in last 12 appearances dating back to 8th December
Long – no goals in last 17 appearances (27th October)
Kitson – no goals in last 7 appearances (29th December)

This is not the time to be loaning out our only other striking option, not least one who has scored 6 goals in 3 weeks for the reserves. If Lita was this out of favour, why the hell did we let Cox join Swindon?!

Lita's stats for the whole season please!!!

Which completely misses the point as I have highlighted our strikers’ current run of form. Lita’s current form is 6 goals in his last 4 games.

So why do you count reserve games in Lita's current form, but not in Long's?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 12:00

Because I genuinely didn't know Long had played in the reserve matches. Please update the stats.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 Mar 2008 12:00

Although I wouldn't have stuck him in the team for Saturday, it still strikes me as a daft decision by Coppell as I'd have Lita ahead of Long in the pecking order at the moment. What happens (heaven forbid) if Kitson or Doyle get injured against City on Saturday? Is Coppell TRYING to take us down?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 12:02

Royalee Although I wouldn't have stuck him in the team for Saturday, it still strikes me as a daft decision by Coppell as I'd have Lita ahead of Long in the pecking order at the moment. What happens (heaven forbid) if Kitson or Doyle get injured against City on Saturday? Is Coppell TRYING to take us down?

Quite simple really, hunt or Kebe will go up front. We love players who can 'do a job'.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 12:03

Lita hasn't scored in 1276 minutes in the league.

The equivalent of over 14 full games...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 12:04

Archie's penalty Lita hasn't scored in 1276 minutes in the league.

So pretty much the same as Doyle? or if you are counting just with his feet it must be nearer 20000?

Only difference is Lita's appearances have been scattered with a game here, game there, 15mins here, 5 mins there. Doyle has played pretty much every minute.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2008 12:05

Archie's penalty Lita hasn't scored in 1276 minutes in the league.

Can look at it that way if you like. Doyle’s record isn’t far off that. The slack afforded to Doyle relative to Lita has been quite incredible.

Mr. Mad's Mad Maid
Location: Cheerily raising cash for kids at http://www.justgiving.com/ boardfreegoodwood

by Mr. Mad's Mad Maid » 05 Mar 2008 12:10

londinium
There is obviously a reason Lita hasnt even been on the bench... whether or not we get to know is irrelevant...Coppell must have a very good reason as he has proved he is a good manager over the years and wouldn't make a decision like this without good reason.

What he said.

407 posts