LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 17:53

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
brendywendy if the comments posted above on this page are all he has said i see nothing bad in there at all
just a player saying hes been frustrated, wants to play and will give charlton their all for the duration of the loan

I meant to say that other posters on here have used Lita's loan move as an excuse to be hyper-negative.

Lita's comments show he wants to play. That is all.

and those posters who are being 'hyper negative' probably just want Lita to play too.....here.

Aha. Now I understand. Stupid me.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 05 Mar 2008 18:07

So Lita has been told by SC rightly or wrongly that he is 4th choice striker and if lucky will make the bench - said superstar throws toys out of pram and storms off apparently and then gets shipped out on loan with a view to buy maybe next season - can't see what the problem is. We don't want him here if he is going to be disruptive and frankly he has done very little this season to merit a place in the first team - isn't it better to get him out on loan and let him produce his magic in the Championship get his confidence back and improve the chances that he can be sold in the summer!

We have managed with 3 fit strikers for most of the previous 2 seasons without the world caving in. IMHO this season Lita has gone backwards, frankly I was sick of him falling on his arse every five minutes, the guy is a diver and needs to clean up his act as no ref will give him a free kick now whether he is fouled or not. For me he was a squad player and not an automatic first choice which he could of been if he had looked to modify his game and stay on his feet - from the outside and the very little gossip I hear he seemed to believe he was one of the 'baby Bentley' brigade without crucially delivering any kind of consistency on the pitch.

What happens to him is frankly immaterial to this football club this season- sad but both parties need to move on.

stressed as usual

by stressed as usual » 05 Mar 2008 18:10

The Quiet Man So Lita has been told by SC rightly or wrongly that he is 4th choice striker and if lucky will make the bench - said superstar throws toys out of pram and storms off apparently and then gets shipped out on loan with a view to buy maybe next season - can't see what the problem is. We don't want him here if he is going to be disruptive and frankly he has done very little this season to merit a place in the first team - isn't it better to get him out on loan and let him produce his magic in the Championship get his confidence back and improve the chances that he can be sold in the summer!

We have managed with 3 fit strikers for most of the previous 2 seasons without the world caving in. IMHO this season Lita has gone backwards, frankly I was sick of him falling on his arse every five minutes, the guy is a diver and needs to clean up his act as no ref will give him a free kick now whether he is fouled or not. For me he was a squad player and not an automatic first choice which he could of been if he had looked to modify his game and stay on his feet - from the outside and the very little gossip I hear he seemed to believe he was one of the 'baby Bentley' brigade without crucially delivering any kind of consistency on the pitch.

What happens to him is frankly immaterial to this football club this season- sad but both parties need to move on.

Absolutely spot on.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Mar 2008 18:25

The Quiet Man So Lita has been told by SC rightly or wrongly that he is 4th choice striker and if lucky will make the bench - said superstar throws toys out of pram and storms off apparently and then gets shipped out on loan with a view to buy maybe next season - can't see what the problem is. We don't want him here if he is going to be disruptive and frankly he has done very little this season to merit a place in the first team - isn't it better to get him out on loan and let him produce his magic in the Championship get his confidence back and improve the chances that he can be sold in the summer!

We have managed with 3 fit strikers for most of the previous 2 seasons without the world caving in.

Has it escaped your attention that the world has pretty much caved in this season by relying on the 3 fit strikers that we are now left with?!!

And how many goals did Lita score for us in the previous two seasons you refer to?

What's more Coppell himself is on record more than once saying that all clubs need four decent strikers to survive at this level.

We haven't even got four strikers left, let alone four decent ones. How does Coppell justify that, given his previous statements?!

Oh I forgot, Coppell has spent most of this season repeatedly contradicting himself, (trust the players/showed too much faith in the players, happy with the squad/need to strengthen the squad/don't need to strengthen the squad/need to sign 3 or 4 players who can make an impact/don't need to sign 3 or 4 players) so we shouldn't really be surprised by this latest U-turn!!

And people say we are wrong to question what is going on in his mind?!!

Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty Give it a rest Partridge. Seriously the people on this board are ridiculous sometimes. Here's to two wins in a row on sat!

Oh God forbid anyone having an opinion eh? Yeah alls great Reading will win 6-0 saturday Doyle 3 and Long 3.

I understand your opinion and you have every right to express it. It's the repetition I don't like. Repetition without knowing the reason for said decision. I will reiterate - I went to Citeh away last year and Lita was brilliant, I wanted him to start on saturday, I am a bit disappointed that he has gone.

HOWEVER repetition of the same points is rather boring. I feel all of this is just an attempt by the STG"s and the negative folk amongst you to take over the board again.

Please everyone have patience and a little faith.

Whose effing fault is it that we don't know the reason for the decision?!! And was Dillon lying through his teeth in the Midlesbrough post match interview when he said that Lita's attitude had been 'brilliant' and that the only reason he wasn't on the bench on Saturday was that we couldn't have two forwards on the bench for an away game?!! :twisted: Judging from Parjudas' comments about 'issues', it would appear that he may well have been and that ain't effing on - so don't have a go at the supporters for having to draw their own conclusions.

Yeh, have patience and a little faith and the season will soon be over!! What grounds have the management (and that includes suits and tracksuits) given us for faith this season? If there were such grounds, surely you eternal optimists would be able to prevent us STG's from attempting to take over the board again?!

If you're unhappy as to what is being written on here I suggest you look to JM, SC and co for the reason why.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 05 Mar 2008 18:39

So what?

Lita was no Trevor Senior to us. Every time he is caught off side, he spends the next few mins sulking, and getting caught off side again.

Yup he has talent, but he is too up his own arse to show what he could achieve if he really tried.

In a tight knit squad like ours it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart, and that could be the reason he has been sent away- has anyone concidered that?

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 05 Mar 2008 18:44

Beelzebub In a tight knit squad like ours it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart, and that could be the reason he has been sent away- has anyone concidered that?

Yes, Royal Rother has already used the apple analogy.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 05 Mar 2008 18:48

OzBiscuit2004
Beelzebub In a tight knit squad like ours it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart, and that could be the reason he has been sent away- has anyone concidered that?

Yes, Royal Rother has already used the apple analogy.

Then we are in agreement. I did not meen to copy him, I did not see his post as i find it hard to read a post when there is a picture looking right up a blokes nose next to it!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Mar 2008 19:07

Beelzebub So what?

Lita was no Trevor Senior to us. Every time he is caught off side, he spends the next few mins sulking, and getting caught off side again.

Yup he has talent, but he is too up his own arse to show what he could achieve if he really tried.

In a tight knit squad like ours it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart, and that could be the reason he has been sent away- has anyone concidered that?

I very much doubt that Lita's attitude changed that much after the transfer window shut (what's more Mr Dillon described it as 'brilliant' as recently as last Saturday - you're not going to call him a liar are you?)

However, if Dillon was telling porkies then Coppell and co f*cked up completely in January when they decided to keep Lita, let Cox go and not sign another proven striker!

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 05 Mar 2008 19:11

One thing I like about our managment is the proffesional way they carry themselves. The Reading managment are not exactly prone to slagging off Reading players (or Refs or anyone ele for that matter) in public, which I respect them for.

But what happens behind closed doors is another matter!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Mar 2008 19:12

:roll:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2008 19:12

As one of the staunchest ossible supporters of Coppell, even I am totally shocked at this.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Only thing I can think of we must be getting someone better on loan (is this possible??) :?:

OR

There must have been some major falling out/ problem. If this is the case, the last thing the club needs is a bad atmosphere so him moving way for a bit is probably the best thing. :?:

OR MAYBE

He's gone to get some first team experience and can be recalled whenever? In which case it's a good move - better than playing reserve footy :?:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Mar 2008 19:16

I'd be more shocked if Kitson had gone on loan.

Lita leaving is no big deal as he contributed very little anyway.

No, it wouldn't have made any difference if he had played more games.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 Mar 2008 19:20

I have looked more likely scoring in a Reading shirt this season than Lita and I'm fat, ugly and ginger.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 05 Mar 2008 19:22

It should be Shane Long on loan not flipping Leroy Lita, he is not a bad player but has not been given the chance to shine by Steve Coppell. Lets face it, the strikers we have got now are not scoring enough goals and (thats were you need Leroy Lita to step in.) Shane Long should be the one on loan ( for example Oldam Athletic) he has only scored a few times this seaon and is not ready for the prem and if he went out on loan then he would gain some much needed experience.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 05 Mar 2008 19:25

the strikers we have got now

We

I thought you were from that dreadfull non leugue?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 Mar 2008 19:26

The issue is that this was totally avoidable, either by giving our 4th choice forward a bit more of a chance to impress (especially when we were struggling to score goals) or by pre-empting the problem and getting someone in during the transfer window to cover for this eventuality.

None of this has come as a shock to anyone really because all the signs were there over the last few months, but what do the powers that be at the club do, they sell off a promising prospect who would've loved to have taken Lita's place in the squad, and failed to bring in aditional cover if they thought the youngster just wasn't up to it.

The end result is that we go into an important run of games with three forward at the managers disposal. To make matters worse none of those forwards look like they could buy a goal right now.

I think it's understandable that fans who want the best for their club are a little perplexed at this situation.

AMBERS2000

by AMBERS2000 » 05 Mar 2008 19:27

bye Leroy - lets all move on now!

SC decision - always a good one - lets back him not LL

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 05 Mar 2008 19:36

Thank God is all I can say.

Lita will do very well in the Championship (which BTW will not prove that he would have done well at Reading ever again - let's just get that out of the way).

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 05 Mar 2008 20:04

WTF didn't we go for Nugent during the window.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 Mar 2008 20:12

would this be a good place to repost my post from the other Lita Thread??

The 17 Bus, Sun 02 Mar 2008 15:55
Lita will be going out on loan in the near future, you heard it here first, and no source.

Some folk need to see how football works, I still will not be able to reveal any source, suffice to say this move is best for all at this moment in time.

407 posts