Today's Balding Guy Quotes

135 posts
Thou Voice

Re: Today's Balding Guy Quotes

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 17:31

BobKnows, you are a prime example of somebody stuck in the past.

Is it not right to want Reading to be a mid-table type of club?

I agree that they should not be like Chelsea tho...

He maybe intelligent and funny, but as for streets above most other managers on offer, well at least for the time being it's the championship ones pretty much at present.

Why is my comments ridiculous from your point of view - are you a lemming that has to follow others in this insane hero worship of the balding guy and our under achieving club?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Mar 2008 17:40

Underacheiving?

Thou voice you really are little misguided or have no grasp of Reading FC history.

How long have you supported this club and more importantly................how old are you?

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 05 Mar 2008 17:42

There's being stuck in the past, and then there's thinking that pushing forward at any cost is not necessarily all it's cracked up to. I have no envy whatsoever for the slaves to the Premier League that most "big club" fans are. I'd rather watch raw talent blossom against the odds, than watch some £30 million pound superstar doing his thing (or not in the case of some of the overpaid crap on offer) across the continent in yet another money-spinning european game. Reading FC feels personal to me, and however much it offends some fans, that is how I would like it to stay. Mid-table, of course that's fine, but not at the cost of the values which I think SC and JM stand for.

As for being a lemming, I can remember many an occasion when I've been in the minority, calling for people to quit their hysteria about not spending enough, no ambition, losing a few games in a row blah blah blah. If you think that somehow makes me a mug, well I can live with it.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 17:45

Gordons Cumming Underacheiving?

This season, absolutely.

BobKnows There's being stuck in the past, and then there's thinking that pushing forward at any cost is not necessarily all it's cracked up to. I have no envy whatsoever for the slaves to the Premier League that most "big club" fans are. I'd rather watch raw talent blossom against the odds, than watch some £30 million pound superstar doing his thing (or not in the case of some of the overpaid crap on offer) across the continent in yet another money-spinning european game. Reading FC feels personal to me, and however much it offends some fans, that is how I would like it to stay. Mid-table, of course that's fine, but not at the cost of the values which I think SC and JM stand for.

As for being a lemming, I can remember many an occasion when I've been in the minority, calling for people to quit their hysteria about not spending enough, no ambition, losing a few games in a row blah blah blah. If you think that somehow makes me a mug, well I can live with it.

I apologise for that comment, I figured that you were another self-centred rose-tinted glasses wearer. For that I was wrong.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2008 17:49

BobKnows There's being stuck in the past, and then there's thinking that pushing forward at any cost is not necessarily all it's cracked up to. I have no envy whatsoever for the slaves to the Premier League that most "big club" fans are. I'd rather watch raw talent blossom against the odds, than watch some £30 million pound superstar doing his thing (or not in the case of some of the overpaid crap on offer) across the continent in yet another money-spinning european game. Reading FC feels personal to me, and however much it offends some fans, that is how I would like it to stay. Mid-table, of course that's fine, but not at the cost of the values which I think SC and JM stand for.

spot on

i concur

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 05 Mar 2008 18:08

Thou Voice
SpaceCruiser Who the f**k is this dickhead?

Another Hob Nob poster who cannot defend the balding guy with any reasoned arguement and just sinks to abuse.

And another... do us a favour and oxf*rd off.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 18:13

Thou Voice I am an idiot on a fishing trip

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 18:16

Archie's penalty

Ah,the famous mis-quote.

Most commonly used in people that don't have the ability to offer a reasoned argument, or in this case, defence of the balding guy.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 18:18

Thou Voice
Archie's penalty

Ah,the famous mis-quote.

Most commonly used in people that don't have the ability to offer a reasoned argument, or in this case, defence of the balding guy.

Keep this up. Only three days to go until we beat City...

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 18:20

Archie's penalty Keep this up. Only three days to go until we beat City...

If we do, let us hope it is a convincing win, unlike the last gasp effort last week.

However I expect that we'll revert back to the same group that went on the recent unwinning streak. :x

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 05 Mar 2008 18:25

Thou Voice

If we do, let us hope it is a convincing win, unlike the last gasp effort last week.

However I expect that we'll revert back to the same group that went on the recent unwinning streak. :x

Revert to or go back to, not revert back to

HTH

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2008 18:25

Thou Voice

Personally, I don't care if the wins are flukey 1-0's in the 90th minute for the rest of the season if it means we stay up.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 05 Mar 2008 18:39

Thou Voice
rfcjoe fcuking hell, I hope you realise HNA is for Reading fans - stay positive if you are one of us and don't keep writing shite

rfcjoe, I am well aware of what this board is all about and I am afraid that although people don't like what I write, it's true but people wander around here with the blue and white sunglasses and probably believe that if it wasn't for the balding guy pushing the sun up every day, we'd be in permanent darkness.

I ask, how can we be positive based on what we've seen so far?

A rare positive from this season was the FANTASTIC game against Man U on the opening day of the season. Even down to ten men, we had our crap in order and could defend. Although not on this board, we talk a lot about football in my circles and I was saying how shoddy our defence was towards the latter 3rd of the season before. I truly believed that we'd overcome the problems from the twilight end of last season. It seemed not as history will tell.

The transfer window was a little disappointing, the way Lita is treated is just awful. The way Doyle is allowed to continue to play although he has gone the whole campaign without scoring a single goal from his feet which is amazes me he is still on the team.

Murty has been a good workhorse for the club, but he is passed it and needs to step aside for young fresh blood. What are we trying to do here, keep people shelved until they are too old to do us any good?

USA, all he was concerned about this year was getting passed 20 appearances to get his contract renewed. Let's give Adam a try, he can certainly do no worse.

The whole team needs a shake up.

Long timers on this board need to forget the past and look to the future. Otherwise the past is exactly what you deserve and you'll end up back in the championship and I doubt will ever return to the Premiership. I want to stay in the Premiership, but I want wholesale changes to the crap that myself (and others) as paying fans are expected to put up with, week in, week out.

totally agree, i was feeling everything you're feeling a week ago before boro but the win has raised confidence and i firmly beleive we will stay up!
murts is passed it yes and rosenior should now be battling with dlc for he right back spot
i dont think we need a shake up as such but to drop jlolhn lolster.<---- waste of space

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 05 Mar 2008 18:57

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me, Steve Coppell has earned the right to do things his way. The fact that he was the first prem manager to lose 8 in a row without getting fired is a testament to how Reading FC have gotten as far as they have under him. I think it is refreshing that firing Coppell wasn't even considered. And let's face it, our chances of staying up would decrease rather than increase with a manger change at this stage of the season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2008 19:24

DelBoyRodders
Thou Voice
2 world wars, 1 world cup Balding guy eh?

Best manager in our history. Thoroughly decent guy who got into the Prem in the first place and has kept us here beyond the first season despite a laughable wage policy enforced from above and this is what he gets?

Being upset at a defeat is one thing, but making derogatory comments about the most successful manager in our 136 year history just because you're a little upset at a defeat is totally uncalled for.

If "F**k off newbie" ever applied it would be now.

Balding guy eh?
- He hardly has flowing hair now, does he?

Best manager in our history. Thoroughly decent guy who got into the Prem in the first place and has kept us here beyond the first season despite a laughable wage policy enforced from above and this is what he gets?
- Was the best. I have been following Reading for years, fact is, he does not cut it in the Premiership. He's failed before and failed now. He bumbles and mumbles his way through excuses for what goes wrong, has too much loyalty towards his championship squad that this season needed strengthing and all they did was get weaker.

Being upset at a defeat is one thing, but making derogatory comments about the most successful manager in our 136 year history just because you're a little upset at a defeat is totally uncalled for.
- This is our record breaking manager that has just lead us on a record breaking string of eight defeats?

If "F**k off newbie" ever applied it would be now.
You have no idea how long I have been supporting Reading for or if I am a newbie. Just because I don't believe that the balding guy and the chairmen push the sun up every day and I refuse to believe that when the sun is down, it shines out of their arses, it does not warrant such comments from the likes of you, whoever the hell you are.

oxf*rd off newbie!!

Anyoen who deems it necessary to take the p*ss out of Coppell in the spiteful degrading personal way you have done for no apparent reason can f*ck off, yes. If you don't like some of the things Coppell has done, fair enough. But to resort to that sort of bizzare approach deserves the sort of response you're getting.

We have enough windup merchants here.

So I repeat what I said earlier.

F*ck off newbie.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 19:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup Being upset at a defeat is one thing, but making derogatory comments about the most successful manager in our 136 year history just because you're a little upset at a defeat is totally uncalled for.
- This is our record breaking manager that has just lead us on a record breaking string of eight defeats?

Anyoen who deems it necessary to take the p*ss out of Coppell in the spiteful degrading personal way you have done for no apparent reason can f*ck off, yes. If you don't like some of the things Coppell has done, fair enough. But to resort to that sort of bizzare approach deserves the sort of response you're getting.

We have enough windup merchants here.

So I repeat what I said earlier.

F*ck off newbie.

No - this is not taking the piss, just being saying what happened.

How is anything spiteful or degrading. He did take us on that run. Is that not what happened or were we showered with points during the past couple of months?

As it being a newbie, then fine - you clearly have no ability to have a reasoned conversation and all you can resort to is stating what I am on this board - a newbie - as well as some vulgar language.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 05 Mar 2008 19:38

Oh, leave him alone. He's an @rsehole and can't help the sort of stuff he's writing. In fact, I'm so impressed with his style of insults, I'll go further and call him a short, fat, big-nosed @rsehole.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 19:47

Hampshire Royal Oh, leave him alone. He's an @rsehole and can't help the sort of stuff he's writing. In fact, I'm so impressed with his style of insults, I'll go further and call him a short, fat, big-nosed @rsehole.

I offer you a mirror and can very well help what I write.

The problem seems to be that far too many people here have their heads buried in the sands of the past.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 19:52

seahawk10 Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me, Steve Coppell has earned the right to do things his way. The fact that he was the first prem manager to lose 8 in a row without getting fired is a testament to how Reading FC have gotten as far as they have under him. I think it is refreshing that firing Coppell wasn't even considered. And let's face it, our chances of staying up would decrease rather than increase with a manger change at this stage of the season.

Seahawk. Paul Jewell led Wigan on a run of 8 straight defeats last year, was not sacked and kept them up.

I still am impressed that the board did not consider sacking Sir Steve.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 05 Mar 2008 20:03

Thou Voice I offer you a mirror and can very well help what I write.

The problem seems to be that far too many people here have their heads buried in the sands of the past.

I thought I was being understanding of your problems. Do you honestly mean to say that you have considered every word of bullsh1t that you've written on this thread?

It's worse than I thought!!

135 posts