LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Mar 2008 12:39

we lose 4 on the bounce, no goals from the strikers while Lita scores 6 in 5 games for charlton - Coppell will look stupid

we win 2 out of 4 with kitson, doyle and long all bagging a few while lita struggles to score in the championship - Coppell will look godlike

personally I am sorry to see lita go, with doyle not having scored in months I can understand his frustration at not getting a sniff, not even making the 16.

but thats football, I wish the guy all the best, he has done a job and scored a number of goals for our club, I will never forget his hat trick in the league cup coming back from 2-0 down!
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 06 Mar 2008 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Mar 2008 12:40

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/footba ... 280821.stm

Former Reading player-manager Mick Gooding expects to see Leroy Lita back at the Royals by the end of the season.
Lita, 23, has joined Charlton on a 28-day loan deal after struggling to force his way into the first team despite good form for the reserves.

Gooding said: "We could certainly see Leroy Lita scoring goals for Reading before the end of the season.

"Reserve-team football is good up to a point, but you can't beat playing in a first team."

"In fairness to the Reading strikers, the problem of late has been there haven't been many chances for them."

"If that means he comes back in four weeks and helps Reading stay up, everyone will be happy"

Gooding, a summariser on BBC Radio Berkshire, said Lita's lack of first-team opportunities made a move inevitable.

"He's been scoring goals in the reserves and there wasn't any room for him on the bench on Saturday.

"So I'm not really surprised that they've let him go out on loan because it doesn't look as though they were going to use him in Reading's first team immediately.

"I'm sure at Charlton, Leroy Lita will have chances created for him and I'm sure he'll score goals there.

"If that means he comes back in four weeks and helps Reading stay in the Premier League, then everyone will be happy."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 12:40

Vision
Archie's penalty God I love the inside info you guys give on here.

Having slept on it I'm a bit sad to see Leroy go. We have to put it behind us now and get the win against Citeh.

Have Hunt, Harper, Ingi, Bikey, Kitson, Doyle all become bad players overnight with Lita's departure? Did the win last week not happen? Let's not spoil the general mood of optimism of last week due to what happened yesterday. What's the point in wallowing in self-pity and negativity?

Urrrzzzzzzz!!!!

Its not inside info to be fair its public record.

Lita said he went to Coppell on Monday and asked for a loan move and said Coppell came back to him Tuesday with Charlton offer.

Coppell also said he had spoken to Pardew and the subject of Lita "came up".

Okay but my point still stands. As the bartender said to the horse who came into the bar. Why the long face?

Urrrzzzzzz!!!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2008 12:45

RoyalBlue
Horsham Royal I've not read the whole thread.
If we need him back to cover injury / suspensions, can't we just call Charlton and say so ?

Don't think you can do that in the first 28 days (can't find the exact regulation but the following quotes would appear to support that view):

"If after the initial 28 day loan period the loan is extended, the parent club will be able to recall the player at 24 hours notice."

BOLLOX BOLLOX BOLLOX BOLLOX BOLLOX

Massive fan and defender of Coppell but if this is the case I'm totally at a loss to explain what's going on. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sorry but I don't have faith in Long: a young understudy to Doyle who isn't even on form himself. I'm quicte frankly shocked.

There must be a good reason, and I think we fans do deserve one!!!

If not does the club mind "loaning" us back season ticket funds?

:?: :?: :?: :x :shock: :? :shock: :x :!: :?: :shock: :o :o :shock: :?:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 06 Mar 2008 12:55

H&P posted the regulations earlier in this thread that clearly state that players loaned under an emergency loan deal (which this is) cannot be recalled in the first 28 days.

I think the window for loans closes during this 28 day period. If this is to be extended for the rest of the season, would this have to be done before the window closes or can it be done afterwards as the player is already there?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 12:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup
RoyalBlue
Horsham Royal I've not read the whole thread.
If we need him back to cover injury / suspensions, can't we just call Charlton and say so ?

Don't think you can do that in the first 28 days (can't find the exact regulation but the following quotes would appear to support that view):

"If after the initial 28 day loan period the loan is extended, the parent club will be able to recall the player at 24 hours notice."

Massive fan and defender of Coppell but if this is the case I'm totally at a loss to explain what's going on. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sorry but I don't have faith in Long: a young understudy to Doyle who isn't even on form himself. I'm quicte frankly shocked.

Keep the faith TWWOWC you were doing so well...

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 06 Mar 2008 13:10

Remind me again the game this season where it was apparent that Lita was the man to keep us up. I dont recall seeing it - when he's played he's varied between awful and god-awful.
Be good to see Doyle up front again, without the pressure of 'keeping leroy happy'.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Mar 2008 13:12

Here you go

Emergency loans can be taken out at any time between Friday 8 February and 5pm on March 27, 2008 and can only be used by Football League clubs loaning players in from other clubs in England, including those from the Premier League. International switches are not allowed including Scotland and Ireland.

Players can be signed for a maximum period of 93 days on such loans.

Players on emergency loan can be recalled by their own clubs after 28 days have expired, but not before.

Only five loan players (whether standard or emergency) can be named on the team sheet for any one game and no more than four players can be loaned from one club to another in any one season.

Emergency loan signings can be made up to three hours before a league game

I presume it can be extended once the 28 days is up

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 13:16

Dr Hfuhruhurr Remind me again the game this season where it was apparent that Lita was the man to keep us up. I dont recall seeing it - when he's played he's varied between awful and god-awful.
Be good to see Doyle up front again, without the pressure of 'keeping leroy happy'.

Thanks for the support that man.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2008 13:21

Archie's penalty
2 world wars, 1 world cup
RoyalBlue Don't think you can do that in the first 28 days (can't find the exact regulation but the following quotes would appear to support that view):

Keep the faith TWWOWC you were doing so well...

Don't worry I've still got the faith.

Just a bit baffled by this loan move.

I hope people realise my faith never has been and never will be blind. When I've always said we'd be ok I meant it 100%. Blind faith is worth nothing. I speak my mind.

Thanks for that slap on the face though. Even without Lita I do believe we'll still be ok. Especially after the win at Boro (without LIta featuring at all, may I add)

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZ!
Last edited by Millsy on 06 Mar 2008 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 06 Mar 2008 13:21

Dr Hfuhruhurr Remind me again the game this season where it was apparent that Lita was the man to keep us up. I dont recall seeing it - when he's played he's varied between awful and god-awful.

So competition for places is nolonger a good thing?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 13:27

2 world wars, 1 world cup Don't worry I've still got the faith.

Just a bit baffled by this loan move.

Thanks for that slap on the face though. We'll still be ok.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZ!

No problem. Happy to be of service.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2008 13:32

***COINCIDENCE ALERT***

Lita future 'resolved'... poised to leave club...

--->

Reading win first match in ages and the rot stops

:?: :?: :?:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 06 Mar 2008 13:43

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy

I don't see how Lita going out on loan changes anything with regards to competition for places.
He showed a few times that he was not prepared to compete for a place, he wanted to sulk and scream and shout his way into the team like a spoilt child.

Good riddance.

I think thats probably a bit unfair on Lita (never thought I'd be standing up for him!) as he wanted to compete but he obviously felt he wasn't being given the chance to. Whilst he was here he must've been causing the other three forwards to look over their shoulder (even if they all thought Coppell wouldnt be likely to play him), they won't have to do that at all now though so thats why it changes the competiion for places.

If he was that bad to have around the club then they should've sorted this out months ago.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Mar 2008 13:50

Southbank Old Boy If he was that bad to have around the club then they should've sorted this out months ago.

Unless it's got a lot worse recently. Who knows?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2008 14:08

Dirk Gently
Southbank Old Boy If he was that bad to have around the club then they should've sorted this out months ago.

Unless it's got a lot worse recently. Who knows?

Perhaps they tried.

Isn't speculation fantastic?

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 06 Mar 2008 14:27

Im amazed at the rubbish that comes out of this site.

We are struggling for a number of reasons;
1) Not creating enough for the forwards
2) Stuggling with the lack of players brought in
3) Lack of quality in the squad at the moment

Lita has had so many chances with Reading, and Reading have been there for him when other clubs, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.... would of let a player go who has been arrested upteen times throughout his Reading career, caused nothing but hassel and who is a moaning see you next tuesday!!!

Coppell needed to get him out to give Long a run in the squad, Coppell knows what he is doing. For Lita to come out on SSN yesterday and slag the club and manager off is ridiculous. Face it, hes played his last game in a hoops shirt unless he has an amazing run at Chalton. A player of his attitude though just needs to sometimes grow up and take account for his actions.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Mar 2008 14:37

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy

I don't see how Lita going out on loan changes anything with regards to competition for places.
He showed a few times that he was not prepared to compete for a place, he wanted to sulk and scream and shout his way into the team like a spoilt child.

Good riddance.

Evidence of him showing what you claim?

And how about comparing it with him being a player in a card game who has strong suspicions that the dealer is always dealing a crooked hand to make sure his mates win!

I believe it would be quite hard for anyone to show that Lita was being allowed to compete on a level playing field when it came to winning a place in the first team.

As for Dirk's suggestion that Lita's behaviour may have got worse recently, maybe the guys at BBCRB can help by asking Dillon how those theories stack up with his very recent assertion that 'Leroy's attitude has been brilliant'.

Shortbread

by Shortbread » 06 Mar 2008 14:56

RoyalBlue maybe the guys at BBCRB can help by asking Dillon how those theories stack up with his very recent assertion that 'Leroy's attitude has been brilliant'.

RB, you've made this point a couple of times on this thread but why should we take anything that the media is told as the gospel truth? Surely you would accept that the club will say some things which are not the whole truth and which - for a variety of reasons (e.g. protecting individuals, individually or collectively) - may seek to deflect rather than encourage rumours?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Mar 2008 15:39

Shortbread
RoyalBlue maybe the guys at BBCRB can help by asking Dillon how those theories stack up with his very recent assertion that 'Leroy's attitude has been brilliant'.

RB, you've made this point a couple of times on this thread but why should we take anything that the media is told as the gospel truth? Surely you would accept that the club will say some things which are not the whole truth and which - for a variety of reasons (e.g. protecting individuals, individually or collectively) - may seek to deflect rather than encourage rumours?

There are very big differences between:

Avoiding the question (Dillon didn't even have to do that as he wasn't directly asked about Lita's attitude).
Not telling the complete story (see above)

And

Telling outright blatant lies.

Dillon himself clearly stated live on the radio that Leroy's attitude has been 'brilliant'.

Given that he didn't have to say anything with regard to Lita's attitude (he could have stuck to his earlier 'management see them every day in training and know best' approach) are you really going to suggest that Dillon opted for the blatant lie route?!! I didn't realise that he was that stupid!

407 posts