Re: The Leroy Lita Tribute Thread

by Pants of Primus » 07 Mar 2008 15:35

You don't know what you've got until it's gone. :wink:

07RFC

by 07RFC » 07 Mar 2008 15:38

Bedford Royal
Royalee
Bedford Royal Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see you again, which is a massive shame, as your better than the other 3 strikers we have.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can laugh as much as you like, but it's true.

its not true, on their day doyle and kitson are much better

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 07 Mar 2008 15:39

Pants of Primus You don't know what you've got until it's gone. :wink:

Very true :cry:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2008 15:54

Doyle and Kitson are better footballers, more intelligent, less selfish and more team players than Leroy is, or ever be, I expect.

..........and they seem to be better people too.............but that is debatable, obviously.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 07 Mar 2008 18:49

Gordons Cumming Doyle and Kitson are better footballers, more intelligent, less selfish and more team players than Leroy is, or ever be, I expect.

..........and they seem to be better people too.............but that is debatable, obviously.

Dear Christ on a Bike!!!!

How can Doyle be a better player then Lita when Doyle has forgotten how to be a striker?

To say that he is a good player (this season) is the same as saying that the balding guy needs a hair cut.

I mean, how many chances does Doyle need? I'd rather see Lita any day of the week then the performance that we are sadly having to witness from Doyle week in, week out.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Mar 2008 18:54

I'd rather see Lita any day of the week then the performance that we are sadly having to witness from Doyle week in, week out.

Let me help you then.

By car from the M25
The easiest way to get to The Valley is to use the A2, accessed from junction two of the M25. Heading into London, the dual carriageway becomes the A102M - the approach road to the Blackwall Tunnel. Leave at the junction after the A2 exit and take the right-hand exit at the roundabout - the A206 Woolwich Road.

After the major set of traffic lights at Anchor and Hope Lane and Charlton Church Lane, travel around second roundabout and take the last exit to drive back on yourself. Then take the first left into Charlton Lane. Cross the railway line and continue up the road, then right into Harvey Gardens. The stadium is on the left.

Access to Floyd Road and Harvey Gardens is restricted on matchdays.

Via the South Circular
Follow the A205 South Circular Road to Woolwich and turn left into the Woolwich Road at the roundabout for the free ferry. You should then turn left into Charlton Lane and proceed as described above.

From central London: From north of The Thames, take the A102 through the Blackwall Tunnel. Come off at the second junction and take the first exit at the roundabout. Go along the A206 Woolwich Road as above.

Train and Tube services
Southeastern runs train services to the railway station at Charlton, from central London in the west and north Kent to the east. The station is a short walk from the ground.

Frequent services depart from Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge, with limited departures from Victoria and Cannon Street. Some services come through Dartford continue to Charlton, while connections for others can be made at Blackheath, Lewisham and London Bridge.

The Docklands Light Railway from east London connects with rail services from Greenwich and Lewisham to Charlton, while the Jubilee Line underground station at North Greenwich is a short bus ride from The Valley.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 07 Mar 2008 18:59

Royal Rother
I'd rather see Lita any day of the week then the performance that we are sadly having to witness from Doyle week in, week out.

Let me help you then.

By car from the M25
The easiest way to get to The Valley is to use the A2, accessed from junction two of the M25. Heading into London, the dual carriageway becomes the A102M - the approach road to the Blackwall Tunnel. Leave at the junction after the A2 exit and take the right-hand exit at the roundabout - the A206 Woolwich Road.

After the major set of traffic lights at Anchor and Hope Lane and Charlton Church Lane, travel around second roundabout and take the last exit to drive back on yourself. Then take the first left into Charlton Lane. Cross the railway line and continue up the road, then right into Harvey Gardens. The stadium is on the left.

Access to Floyd Road and Harvey Gardens is restricted on matchdays.

Via the South Circular
Follow the A205 South Circular Road to Woolwich and turn left into the Woolwich Road at the roundabout for the free ferry. You should then turn left into Charlton Lane and proceed as described above.

From central London: From north of The Thames, take the A102 through the Blackwall Tunnel. Come off at the second junction and take the first exit at the roundabout. Go along the A206 Woolwich Road as above.

Train and Tube services
Southeastern runs train services to the railway station at Charlton, from central London in the west and north Kent to the east. The station is a short walk from the ground.

Frequent services depart from Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge, with limited departures from Victoria and Cannon Street. Some services come through Dartford continue to Charlton, while connections for others can be made at Blackheath, Lewisham and London Bridge.

The Docklands Light Railway from east London connects with rail services from Greenwich and Lewisham to Charlton, while the Jubilee Line underground station at North Greenwich is a short bus ride from The Valley.

Fantastic... however my season ticket (oh yes I have one), will not let me in.

I think you've misunderstood the clarity of my post.

I would rather see him play in a Reading shirt then Doyle in one. Doyle does not play to well these days.

working class hero

by working class hero » 07 Mar 2008 23:54

In this day and age of over paid, pampered footballers, it was refreshing to see a guy who clearly just enjoyed the thrill of banging one in.

And the video of him doing this is what led to his downfall perhaps... :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Mar 2008 00:00

Thou Voice
Gordons Cumming Doyle and Kitson are better footballers, more intelligent, less selfish and more team players than Leroy is, or ever be, I expect.

Dear Christ on a Bike!!!!

How can Doyle be a better player then Lita when Doyle has forgotten how to be a striker?

To say that he is a good player (this season) is the same as saying that the balding guy needs a hair cut.

I mean, how many chances does Doyle need? I'd rather see Lita any day of the week then the performance that we are sadly having to witness from Doyle week in, week out.

Thou voice
You are clearly the moaning minnie from the Lower West stand so I claim my £5.

Bedford Royal

by Bedford Royal » 08 Mar 2008 01:27

Bedford Royal
Royalee
Bedford Royal Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see you again, which is a massive shame, as your better than the other 3 strikers we have.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can laugh as much as you like, but it's true.

its not true, on their day doyle and kitson are much better[/quote]

Lita has far more technical ability then Doyle, Kiton and Long. Given a run in the team, he would have proved this.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Mar 2008 03:11

calm down...coppell has clearly made his mind up....i reckon he doesnt want him here cause he is too disruptive.....i guess cause he wants to play first team football......i dont know but ive heard he has an attitude problem, but this is just rumour.....

coppell has decided that as lita may want to play first team footy this was the only option and he has made is mind up the lita is 4th choice striker

to me, it seems strange as our strikers arent scoring but there is no love lost between coppell and lita....it can do both parties good....

if lita does well, he may be vying for a 1st team chance when he gets back, but even if not then another team may come in for him.....rfc know that whilst he sits in the reserves his value is tumbling, whilst hes on show at Charlton and if does a good job then his value may increase......

anyway i reckon rfc will sell him in the summer......but i reckon no more than £4m now....last year we may have got a crazy £7m for him

its a big gamble by coppell tho

my sinister suspicion is that coppell did this to stop everyone asking why lita wasnt playing when our strikers arent scoring and therefore putting even more pressure on our strikers....daft i know but it stops those questions tho and reduces pressure

07RFC

by 07RFC » 08 Mar 2008 08:54

Lita has far more technical ability then Doyle, Kiton and Long. Given a run in the team, he would have proved this.

yeah but the fact is that this season he hasnt shown that when he has been given a run-out, Coppell has his reasons why Lita didnt get played

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Mar 2008 09:41

Bedford Royal Lita has far more technical ability then Doyle, Kiton and Long. Given a run in the team, he would have proved this.

What utter ill informed nonsense from someone who clearly wishes to spend some of his life in Leroy's undies :D

Lita can fall over better than the other 3 put together and has probably shown more technical abilty than Long but that's as far as it goes.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

The only reason that many of us thought he had a part to play this Saturday is because all his rivals are having such a bad trot that he's currently no worse than the rest.

However, the fact remains that the only first team defence he's breached this season belongs to Swansea. He should have scored at Fulham but prefered to take a pathetic dive rather than a shoot and got what he deserved (apart from a booking :evil: )

His technical ability was so much in evidence against Newcastle that it almost cost us a game we should have won with ease. It took Long, scoring with his 2nd touch after coming off the bench, to save the day. Long is also having a poor season but he's scored twice in the league and that's 2 more than Leroy.

Doyle hasn't scored with his feet all season but has 3 with his head and has been the most successful of our stand in right wingers.

Can Lita play on the right wing? One things for sure, he spends too much time on his backside to carry out the defensive work required in that position.

Kitson has eight goals, some of which required the kind of technical ability we haven't seen from Lita for a very long time.

As I've said before, Lita got to be our 4th choice striker all by himself, and it doesn't matter how much his silly fan club stamp their feet, nothing will change that reality.

I'm surprised he went out on loan but he's contributed nothing in the league so far this season and now has a month to show us that he still has a part to play..................unless, of course, he's already decided to move on.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Mar 2008 10:39

royalsteve my sinister suspicion is that coppell did this to stop everyone asking why lita wasnt playing when our strikers arent scoring

You may have hit the nail on the head here.

And why else would Madejski authorise a loan to Pardew? :wink:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Mar 2008 12:01

Royalee

'greed. "You're".

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Mar 2008 12:03

Bedford Royal Lita has far more technical ability then Doyle, Kiton and Long. Given a run in the team, he would have proved this.

I'd say he has more technical ability than Doyle and Long, but then again so did James Lambert, Mass Sarr, Tony Rougier, Darren Caskey, Mr Woo and so on. It's all very well and good having talent, but you have to have the right mindset and intelligence to utilise the talent. Unfortunately, it would appear that Lita does not.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Mar 2008 12:58

Row Z Royal
Royalee

'greed. "You're".

Brilliant!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Mar 2008 17:09

Doyle and Long have a good day and Lita flounders in the Championship...

Oh what joy!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Mar 2008 17:15

In the cold light of day, that Man City "defence" would have had any striker licking his lips.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 08 Mar 2008 17:20

working class hero
In this day and age of over paid, pampered footballers, it was refreshing to see a guy who clearly just enjoyed the thrill of banging one in.

And the video of him doing this is what led to his downfall perhaps... :shock:
LOL - funniest post of the day. :lol:

236 posts