player of the season

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: player of the season

by brendywendy » 25 Mar 2008 11:24

CMRoyal
seahawk10 Has to be one of our killer H's:
Hunt, Harper, Hahnemann.

Agreed. You've got to look over the whole season (which eliminates Kitson through lack of consistency and Rosenior, Marek and Bikey for lack of games in my humble opinion), and I'd put Harps in 3rd place at the moment for his timely goalscoring contributions and overall tidy and consistent play. Hunty would be 2nd mainly for his early season form. He's still a bundle of trouble for opposition defences even though he hasn't quite managed to keep that momentum going 100%. But Marcus's saves earn him the number 1 spot for me. His distribution is still woeful, but he's saved us way more points than he's cost us. I can only think of one calamitous moment in a match I've watched, the first Pompey goal at home. I'm sure others will remind me that there were more, but I think of his performances at home to Liverpool, away to Brum, and vital saves like the one on Saturday when Brum were going for a winner, and it seems that he's done more than any other player to keep us in the division. And I say that as one who feels we should be looking to improve in that position.

i totally concur with all of that

marcus is the man

Heart and Seol

by Heart and Seol » 25 Mar 2008 11:27

Leroy.

or Hunt, Harps..

cant argue with someone whos played every game, the good , the bad and the very very bad!

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 25 Mar 2008 12:34

Marcus or Harper for me.

zummerset

by zummerset » 25 Mar 2008 12:48

Hunt for sheer effort

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 25 Mar 2008 13:04

Hunt and Hahnemann have been consistently good all season. Often in the dark days it was them who gave the little bit of hope.

If the vote was for someone who made a difference without playing all season, then the choice is harder: Marek, Rosenior and Bikey all fit that bill.

I don't know who I'd vote for, but it would probably be Marcus, simply because as a goalkeeper your efforts (good or bad) are obvious (unlike Hunt whose obvious talents seem to be unseen by a few people).

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 25 Mar 2008 13:08

PlasticRoyale John Oster

pLOLayer of the season

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Mar 2008 13:18

Hahnemann has been by far the most consistent performer, nobody else is even close, but as it normally goes each season it goes to the most popular and not he best.

The winner will be Hunt.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 25 Mar 2008 14:12

Focher Hahnemann has been by far the most consistent performer, nobody else is even close, but as it normally goes each season it goes to the most popular and not he best.

The winner will be Hunt.

He was consistently dodgy for the 1st half of the season and has played consistently well for the second half.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Mar 2008 14:16

he made a couple of errors in front of the leakiest and constantly changing defence in the premiere league, and the most lightweight midfield.
im not sure the criticism he got was at all fair

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 25 Mar 2008 14:17

brendywendy he made a couple of errors in front of the leakiest and constantly changing defence in the premiere league, and the most lightweight midfield.

Maybe he would of done better if he was behind it?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Mar 2008 14:19

Rich@Eaststand
brendywendy he made a couple of errors in front of the leakiest and constantly changing defence in the premiere league, and the most lightweight midfield.

Maybe he would of done better if he was behind it?

:lol:

depends which way you are facing

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Mar 2008 19:47

weybridgewanderer I think Marcus should get a shout this season, without being a man of the match any week he has consistently come up with important saves that has kept us in games

i don't think any outfield player has delivered consistently.

He has had an excellent run of form in the last couple of months but made a lot of mistakes earlier in the season.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 25 Mar 2008 20:01

Harps.

No contest for me.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 25 Mar 2008 20:07

NWL Royal
PlasticRoyale John Oster

pLOLayer of the season

Scrolling down I must admit that did make me laugh :lol:

It has to be Hahnemann, Harper or Hunty

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 25 Mar 2008 20:08

If the season ended now I,d go for Hunty for sheer tenacity,graft and all round dogedness never say die up and at em ness.
Marcus the silver and Harps to grab the 3rd podium place.

As mentioned earlier there are a number of vital games where some real heroics could sway things.

I we need a late goal at Derby for prem survival and Johnny Oyster went on a mazey run and rifled the ball past the keeper (the Derby keeper that is) he could collect a few votes !

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 25 Mar 2008 20:25

:( Marcus for me , but given more time could have been Marek,great to have a midfield player with a great vision and football brain as well as our battling little soldiers in the middle of the park.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2008 21:56

current contenders:

Hunt, Harper, Hahnemann, Kitson.

Harper has been the least spectacular so far, but has also been the most consistantly good IMO.

Kitson has done well and looked good whilst feeding off scraps and gets extra points for coming back so well from that injury. Loses points for his spot of naughtiness.

Hunt has blown hot and cold but is a very iportant part of the team and has scored some important goals.

Hahnemann, despite a lot of slating and playing behind a defence that at times has been woeful has been on the whole at least solid, usually much better.

At present I'd go with an order of:
Harper
Hahnemann
Hunt
Kitson

But there are still 7 games to go. I think it would be wrong to make a decision until we've played at least another 3. Kits for example could get 3 hatricks, or Hahnemann could let in 13 goals in a game.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 25 Mar 2008 22:01

Harper - A lot of what he does gets taken for granted and generally goes unnoticed.
Hunt is close but far to inconsistent.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Mar 2008 23:07

higher If the season ended now I,d go for Hunty for sheer tenacity,graft and all round dogedness never say die up and at em ness.
Marcus the silver and Harps to grab the 3rd podium place.

As mentioned earlier there are a number of vital games where some real heroics could sway things.

I we need a late goal at Derby for prem survival and Johnny Oyster went on a mazey run and rifled the ball past the keeper (the Derby keeper that is) he could collect a few votes !

that won't happen seeing as it is awarded at the last home game of the season

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 26 Mar 2008 07:56

Gunharsson.