player of the season

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

Re: player of the season

by wolsey » 27 Mar 2008 11:43

Royalee :lol: You two sound just like that pompous fool who got fired from the Apprentice last night. The thing is though, he's still probably more intelligent than the two of you put together.

And you're basing that opinion on what exactly? (Sorry I realise you're only doing the thing you do best)

Well,.... is it sunny in Bournemouth ??

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 27 Mar 2008 12:01

Royalee :lol: You two sound just like that pompous fool who got fired from the Apprentice last night. The thing is though, he's still probably more intelligent than the two of you put together.

he was pure proof that alot of academics lack common sense...what an idiot....hell, if id have heard their prices, i would have driven done there and bought the lot off them and sold it at profit....my 7 year old son could have done a better job....early days but Alex looks favourite at the mo imo (even if he wasnt a great leader and made schoolboy mistakes but got away with it because Nicholas was so weak)...i dont like Sara or Jennifer (both with too much hot air...ive worked with people like that and you just let them talk themselves into trouble..lol!)...wasnt impressed with Raef, but he could be one that somehow gets near the end thro sheer luck because someone else did an even worse job than he did

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Mar 2008 12:02

royalsteve

he was pure proof that alot of academics lack common sense...what an idiot....hell, if id have heard their prices, i would have driven done there and bought the lot off them and sold it at profit....my 7 year old son could have done a better job....early days but Alex looks favourite at the mo imo (even if he wasnt a great leader and made schoolboy mistakes but got away with it because Nicholas was so weak)...i dont like Sara or Jennifer (both with too much hot air...ive worked with people like that and you just let them talk themselves into trouble..lol!)...wasnt impressed with Raef, but he could be one that somehow gets near the end thro sheer luck because someone else did an even worse job than he did

Are you veering just a teensy bit off-topic here?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Mar 2008 19:27

wolsey

And you're basing that opinion on what exactly? (Sorry I realise you're only doing the thing you do best)

Well,.... is it sunny in Bournemouth ??

Don't be silly, Royalee is right and everyone else is wrong. It's as simple as that. He doesn't need to give an intelligent critique of anything to do with Reading FC, because he is Royalee and knows more and better than any of us, or in fact all of us put together.

I'm still thinking Harps, but it's a close call the next couple of games could easily swing it for me.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Mar 2008 11:12

I have been thinking about the player of the season over the weekend and have a real dilemma.

It seems to me that all the stand out candidates of the first half season are playing poorly in the second half and vice versa.

Kitson and Hunt stood out in the first half and were way ahead of the rest but are now both well off the boil. Now we have Bikey, Ingi, Matejovsky (obviously new) and Rosenior playing particularly well.

Murty, Shorey, Harper, and Doyle have been very good at times but also had many poor games.

I have concluded, therefore, that for me USA is my player of the season. A real surprise as I think his distribution is woeful BUT he has kept us in so many games with great saves - especially when the defence were almost non existent on many occasions during the first half season, that he deserves the accolade this year - just for consistency alone, so unless something dramatic happens to change my mind that is where my vote goes this year.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Mar 2008 11:14

its marcus by a country mile(much longer than your standard townie mile)

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 31 Mar 2008 11:17

royalsteve

Was he an academic?

:roll:

I mean, don't let it stop you but think for a second before you type.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 31 Mar 2008 11:19

Player of the season - why wait until the end of the season when you can decide with 6 games left, especially given that we're not quite safe yet.

I mean, don't let it stop you but ...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Mar 2008 11:21

papereyes Player of the season - why wait until the end of the season when you can decide with 6 games left, especially given that we're not quite safe yet.

tsk

i believe its customary for fans and clubs to start thinking about player of the season before the last game, wherever they are in the league

bn2001uk

by bn2001uk » 31 Mar 2008 11:24

How can anyone look past the Big Man Hahnemann for the player of the season?
Our goal difference is dreadful but were it not for him it would be double that.

I can't understand why people are mentioning Rosenior and Matejovsky for this honour - this is across the season not just the last few games.

In order:
1. Hahnemann
2. Hunt
3. Ingimarsson

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Mar 2008 11:52

Dirk Gently
Are you veering just a teensy bit off-topic here?

Off topic - on HNA! Whatever next!!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Mar 2008 13:28

papereyes Player of the season - why wait until the end of the season when you can decide with 6 games left, especially given that we're not quite safe yet.

If you wait to decide until the end of the season I doubt your vote will count for much as traditionally player of the season is presented at the last home game - a little more than a month away now. I would expect voting to start soon - probably within a couple of weeks.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 31 Mar 2008 13:42

andrew1957

If you wait to decide until the end of the season I doubt your vote will count for much as traditionally player of the season is presented at the last home game - a little more than a month away now. I would expect voting to start soon - probably within a couple of weeks.

as we only have 1 more home game before the last game of the season then the people must have the ability to vote at that game. While some voting online program can be offered not everyone will have that option available to them

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 31 Mar 2008 13:48

I'm veering towards Shane Long as my player of the season as he's seen the most improvement. He's also the only player who when you shout CHASE THE BALL! at him will actually chase the bloody thing.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 Mar 2008 13:52

andrew1957 I have been thinking about the player of the season over the weekend and have a real dilemma.

It seems to me that all the stand out candidates of the first half season are playing poorly in the second half and vice versa.

Kitson and Hunt stood out in the first half and were way ahead of the rest but are now both well off the boil. Now we have Bikey, Ingi, Matejovsky (obviously new) and Rosenior playing particularly well.

Murty, Shorey, Harper, and Doyle have been very good at times but also had many poor games.

I have concluded, therefore, that for me USA is my player of the season. A real surprise as I think his distribution is woeful BUT he has kept us in so many games with great saves - especially when the defence were almost non existent on many occasions during the first half season, that he deserves the accolade this year - just for consistency alone, so unless something dramatic happens to change my mind that is where my vote goes this year.

Pretty well summed up Andrew.
Marcus for me but he will also qualify as one of the worst columnists ever-has anyone else read his dreadful column in The Mail.
It's always about i-pods,cars and vague American music with usually a one-liner about football.
It's even worse than a Stephen Hunt radio interview...really it is.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 31 Mar 2008 14:01

Fat Leather Jacket I'm veering towards Shane Long as my player of the season as he's seen the most improvement. He's also the only player who when you shout CHASE THE BALL! at him will actually chase the bloody thing.

shane long, 7 minutes a game appart from about 2 starts?

I could chase the ball for 7 minutes

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 31 Mar 2008 14:03

weybridgewanderer
Fat Leather Jacket I'm veering towards Shane Long as my player of the season as he's seen the most improvement. He's also the only player who when you shout CHASE THE BALL! at him will actually chase the bloody thing.

shane long, 7 minutes a game appart from about 2 starts?

I could chase the ball for 7 minutes

Summed up nicely, an impact player. :wink:

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 31 Mar 2008 14:20

Definitely Marcus! An unsung hero most years but has had really had to put up with a lot of shit this year, given the weakness of our defence at times, and has generally come out on top.

There's not a single other Reading player who has effected our results this year more than him.

Even if you don't agree, vote for him and it'll send a petty message to RFC about the quality of most of our outfield play this year.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 31 Mar 2008 14:23

Row Z Royal Cristiano Ronaldo

Agreed.

Cookie

by Cookie » 31 Mar 2008 22:19

I'm voting Marcus.