Todays marks

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Todays marks

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Mar 2008 22:25

[quote="Ozymandias"]Oster - 1 - and I'm being generous, gave the ball away, ran around players a few times, then turned and passed it backwards, petulant attitude, was subbed far too late in the game./quote] and to think that I have to humour my in-laws

(to which I have no choice)

Ozy..that has to be the most "bone" part of a post that you have ever bestowed upon us.

ever

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Mar 2008 23:46

loyalroyal4life Yes rosenior had a quality game as did USA!!

Doyle seems to be starting on the basis of merit from last seasons efforts!! I mean even LITA has scored finally now!!

so unless he scores he's rubbish?

Obviously it would be nice if he did score (and you can't maintain a non scoring strike force indefinitely) but his overall play and effort is excellent - what game are you watching?

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 31 Mar 2008 11:23

bcubed
loyalroyal4life Yes rosenior had a quality game as did USA!!

Doyle seems to be starting on the basis of merit from last seasons efforts!! I mean even LITA has scored finally now!!

so unless he scores he's rubbish?

Obviously it would be nice if he did score (and you can't maintain a non scoring strike force indefinitely) but his overall play and effort is excellent - what game are you watching?

Doyle does have a good work rate and I can see why Coppell includes him, but he was poor on Saturday. There were a few occassions when he dithered on the ball and should have made earlier passes, the exact thing that the crowd (well at least near me they were) was getting on Oster's back about. Of all the strikers on show Long probably had the most effect on the game.

Ratings:-

Marcus - 9
Rosenior - 7.5
Bikey - 8
Ingi - 7
Shorey - 6
Oster - 6.5
Harper - 7
Marek - 6.5
Hunt - 5.5
Doyle - 6
Kitson - 6

Long - 7
Cisse - 6

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Mar 2008 11:43

MH-9 MOTM, awesome shot stopping, good in the air
LR-7 stopped most of the crosses from that side, worked hard, did well to get forward after the sending off
NS-6 ok, poor corners, but solid enough
II-7 really solid again, great partnership with BK, was thinking he could go at the end of the season, now ive changed my mind
SAB-8-a rock, not a foot wrong-again, some awesome skill strength and confidence-this man is now indespensible.
SH-4 (and thats generous)cant remember him doing much of anything except fluffing 2-3 of the best chances well get in any game
JO-7 another game in his gradual improvement coming back from injury-worked hard, showed some real quality, decision making still suspect
MM-6 played well, good passing again, the partnership in the middle is coming together well, unlucky to get sent off for that tackle, but deserved it over all - too many silly fouls, needs to work on that-should have shot in the 1st half as the defence opened up for him as he belted towards the box but passed wide and move petered out
JH-6 played well, always works so hard, put in some tackles today but had his hands too full to get forward
DK-5 poor again, hes really dipped recently, too many daft sliding tackles that got noway near the ball, too much belting around in the midfield, too often not in the box when wingers looking to cross
KD-6 worked hard again, just not getting any breaks, did well on teh wing

SL-7 looks great every time coming on as a sub now, has really improved, causes problems whoever we play
KC-6 solid in the middle, hoping he has a good game next week in the middle vs newcastle

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 31 Mar 2008 11:56

oster today was on and off

at times when he beat his man he was good and then the final ball was poor

the one thing that annoyed me was the free kick he took in the first half quickly straight into friedels hands. we scored from there the week before and an inswinger is a much better option