Who will go down?

289 posts

Who do you think will occupy the final relegation place with Derby and Fulham?

Middlesbrough
1%
Wigan
2%
Reading
9%
Newcastle
14%
Sunderland
12%
Birmingham
7%
Bolton
54%

Total votes: 358
Seal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who will go down?

by Seal » 04 Apr 2008 13:39

JC
Seal
Sheffield United still had it in their own hands on the last day of the season. If it was the same scenario for us I'd take that.

I am not sure I would! My nightmare scenario is having to go to Derby needing a result. When you have supported the club as long as I have you know that is a place you do not want to be!

Beggars can't be chosers.

Cookie

by Cookie » 04 Apr 2008 17:35

Seal
JC
Seal
Sheffield United still had it in their own hands on the last day of the season. If it was the same scenario for us I'd take that.

I am not sure I would! My nightmare scenario is having to go to Derby needing a result. When you have supported the club as long as I have you know that is a place you do not want to be!

Beggars can't be chosers.

It won't come to that.

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 04 Apr 2008 17:47

Purely academic I know but, for Derby, we are the lowest placed opposition they have in their remaining 6 games :lol:

TB

Cookie

by Cookie » 04 Apr 2008 19:50

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Apr 2008 00:59

LUX tbh I'd not take that if offered now. Having to win at Derby would scare the bollox off me. We have the six point cushion. If all games go to form, that six points gap should remain, even if Bolton win their home games as I said. That is the scary reality for Bolton. They have to get some very good results and hope that we screw up v Fulham, Wigan, Derby and the other three games.

Trouble is, it's not impossible.

You can bet your life that the West Ham line up next week will contain two or three youth players.

That one I have Bolton pencilled in for 3 points.

They shouldn't win against Villa, Carew is back and they are at home. Still, nice of Villa to turn to shit after doing the double over us :|

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 06 Apr 2008 10:27

Cookie
It won't come to that.

Hopefully not but it only takes Bolton to make up 3 points on us and we'll go into the Derby game needing a draw. Hardly an unrealistic scenario.

by 1960 » 06 Apr 2008 11:01

If we beat Fulham next week, which we should, we'll be 11 points clear of them with 4 to play. Their chances of getting 12 pts are next to nil, as they have tough games away at Man City and Portsmouth as well as a home game with Liverpool straight after us. Liverpool will still have the Everton threat at that time, so they won't take it easy.

It would also effectively put us 9 pts ahead of Bolton. They could conveivably make these up if we failed to get any more points, but unlikely with their games being West Ham (h) Boro (a) Spurs (a) Sunderland (h) Chelsea (a).

Brum have got a horror patch: Everton (h) Villa (a) Liverpool (h) followed by Fulham (a) and Blackburn (h).

I reckon then that if we beat Fulham we will be just about safe and they will be all but down. Probably Bolton to join them or Brum if they mess up big time. I suppose the teams just above us will have enough to stay clear.

So the message is clear: beat Fulham.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 06 Apr 2008 11:05

1960 If we beat Fulham next week, which we should, we'll be 11 points clear of them with 4 to play. Their chances of getting 12 pts are next to nil, as they have tough games away at Man City and Portsmouth as well as a home game with Liverpool straight after us. Liverpool will still have the Everton threat at that time, so they won't take it easy.

It would also effectively put us 9 pts ahead of Bolton. They could conveivably make these up if we failed to get any more points, but unlikely with their games being West Ham (h) Boro (a) Spurs (a) Sunderland (h) Chelsea (a).

Brum have got a horror patch: Everton (h) Villa (a) Liverpool (h) followed by Fulham (a) and Blackburn (h).

I reckon then that if we beat Fulham we will be safe and they will be all but down. Probably Bolton to join them or Brum if they mess up big time. I suppose the teams just above us will have enough to stay clear.

Just to be clear :
West Ham have jacked and can't be trusted to try
Boro are crap at best and there's no guarantee of anything there
Tottenham have jacked
Sunderland will be safe by then - and will have jacked
WE ARE NOT SAFE FROM BOLTON
In fact, I think we are less at risk from Birmingham than Bolton IF (and it's a big if) they decide to try for the last five games.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Apr 2008 11:13

Franchise FC
1960 If we beat Fulham next week, which we should, we'll be 11 points clear of them with 4 to play. Their chances of getting 12 pts are next to nil, as they have tough games away at Man City and Portsmouth as well as a home game with Liverpool straight after us. Liverpool will still have the Everton threat at that time, so they won't take it easy.

I reckon then that if we beat Fulham we will be safe and they will be all but down. Probably Bolton to join them or Brum if they mess up big time. I suppose the teams just above us will have enough to stay clear.

Just to be clear :
Tottenham have jacked
In fact, I think we are less at risk from Birmingham than Bolton IF (and it's a big if) they decide to try for the last five games.

You conveniently chose to ignore Bolton have Pompey and Chelsea away still, have picked up three points out of the last 36, have sold their best striker, let in 4 yesterday against a side badly off form, lost at home last week when 2 up against ten men and the fact that we still have Derby away and Spurs at home still to play who using your terminology have...er JACKED

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 06 Apr 2008 12:14

Derby are in serious danger of eclipsing Sunderland's record low points total. They need a win before playing us to stand any chance of avoiding that milestone but even if it's out of their reach they'll want to sign off in style in front of their fans.

I don't want to go there needing a result.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Apr 2008 12:16

That Friday Feeling Derby are in serious danger of eclipsing Sunderland's record low points total. They need a win before playing us to stand any chance of avoiding that milestone but even if it's out of their reach they'll want to sign off in style in front of their fans.

I don't want to go there needing a result.

We wont need to unless Bolton and Fulham show massive improvement on their current form...both achieved appalling results yesterday

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 06 Apr 2008 13:11

PEARCEY We wont need to unless Bolton and Fulham show massive improvement on their current form...both achieved appalling results yesterday

Bolton are only 2 wins away from us.

Still very nevous, I remember this time last season Sheff Utd starting pulling away from it, only to be sucked down in the last few weeks. Bear in mind that Bolton have still got West Ham (who are in freefall) and Sunderland at home. Bolton are capable of beaten both of those teams at home.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 06 Apr 2008 13:20

Big Ern
PEARCEY We wont need to unless Bolton and Fulham show massive improvement on their current form...both achieved appalling results yesterday

Bolton are only 2 wins away from us.

Still very nevous, I remember this time last season Sheff Utd starting pulling away from it, only to be sucked down in the last few weeks. Bear in mind that Bolton have still got West Ham (who are in freefall) and Sunderland at home. Bolton are capable of beaten both of those teams at home.

Don't be nervous, it's not good for the heart.
Just get geared up for the home game against Fulham - I still think we are a good outfit at home, Fulham are useless away, but they will fight to win, I'm looking forward to it.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 06 Apr 2008 14:13

I've had a gut feeling for months that Derby will beat us in the final game to avoid getting the lowest points tally, hopefully we'll be safe by then as well. If we were to lose to them and go down because of that it would make us a laughing stock, I'd have to hide from the armies of glory hunting 'fans' for weeks. :|

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 06 Apr 2008 20:53

Despite Bolton been destroyed yesterday i still have a feeling they are not dead yet.

West ham - have seemed to given up this season and are trying out their kids. Bolton could easily win here.
Boro - hot and cold, not much to play for could give youngsters run out
Spurs - again hot and cold, could turn bolton over or get turned over.
Sunderland - will have nothing to play for,
Chelseas - well the title will prob be decided, however i find it unlikly they will give up their home record to bolton.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 06 Apr 2008 21:04

Even though we have been poor, Fulham and Bolton have been dire I fully expect us to stay up with the lowest amount of points needed since the Premiership began, most seasons we would nearly be dead and burried by now ! so the real question has to be what have we learnt from this pretty dismal season ??

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 06 Apr 2008 22:15

howser Even though we have been poor, Fulham and Bolton have been dire I fully expect us to stay up with the lowest amount of points needed since the Premiership began, most seasons we would nearly be dead and burried by now ! so the real question has to be what have we learnt from this pretty dismal season ??

That you can make £30M+ by spending just £2M?

Cookie

by Cookie » 06 Apr 2008 22:37

Richi Royal Despite Bolton been destroyed yesterday i still have a feeling they are not dead yet.

West ham - have seemed to given up this season and are trying out their kids. Bolton could easily win here.
Boro - hot and cold, not much to play for could give youngsters run out
Spurs - again hot and cold, could turn bolton over or get turned over.
Sunderland - will have nothing to play for,
Chelseas - well the title will prob be decided, however i find it unlikly they will give up their home record to bolton.

Chelsea need second place to avoid the qualifying rounds.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Apr 2008 08:07

PEARCEY
Franchise FC

Just to be clear :
Tottenham have jacked

You conveniently chose to ignore Bolton have Pompey and Chelsea away still, have picked up three points out of the last 36, have sold their best striker, let in 4 yesterday against a side badly off form, lost at home last week when 2 up against ten men and the fact that we still have Derby away and Spurs at home still to play who using your terminology have...er JACKED

Have you noiticed that Pompey have the little matter of a cup final to play. I'm sure their players will be dying for the cause prior to that !! :roll:

Hang on a monute - I've just checked and Bolton don't have to play Pompey at all.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 07 Apr 2008 09:56

higher
higher Bet 365 odds (Mon 17th march 6.30 pm)
To Go Down.(Derby gone)

Fulham 2/9
Bolton 7/4
Sunderland 11/4
Birmingham 10/3
Newcastle 7/2
Wigan 4/1
U Firkin Rzz 9/2
Middlesbrough 8/1

Update: (mon 24 march)
Fulham 1/3 Bet
Bolton 8/11 Bet