Reading v Fulham Match Thread

185 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Reading v Fulham Match Thread

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Apr 2008 08:17

cmonurz Thankfully Fulham play Liverpool.

Don't get excited about that, with games coming up v Chelsea in the EC Semis Liverpool are likely to do the same disgraceful thing they did last year at Fulham (and probably at Birmingham a week later) by not playing a full strength side.

And just as I said last year the FA/PL should not stand for teams doing that and dock serious amounts of points.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 13 Apr 2008 09:17

What annoyed me about the after match interviews was this excuse of complacency.

We thought we'd roll over Fulham easily did we? They beat Everton a few weeks ago I believe. Good result.

Complacency is a bad excuse and unprofessional and I'm surprised Steve allowed that to creep in.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Apr 2008 12:07

Barry the bird boggler
cmonurz Thankfully Fulham play Liverpool.

Don't get excited about that, with games coming up v Chelsea in the EC Semis Liverpool are likely to do the same disgraceful thing they did last year at Fulham (and probably at Birmingham a week later) by not playing a full strength side.

And just as I said last year the FA/PL should not stand for teams doing that and dock serious amounts of points.

Not until 4th place is secured they won't.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 13 Apr 2008 12:17

Well yesterday was appalling.....the result was terrible, but i was more worried about the performance which surely was the worst home performance for at least 3 years.....Fulham may not survive but theyll battle to the end.....its between Reading, Bolton and Brum for the last spot.....with our crap away record i dont see us getting anything at Arsenal and Wigan, so we may have to rely on the last home game..,,and maybe something from the Derby game.

I was given a player of the season voting card before yesterdays match and struggled to think who should win.....by the end of the game, i knew....the Crossbar should win it.....but seriously i decided to mimic the players performance yesterday....I couldnt be bothered.

I still reckon the Royals will perform the miracle of staying up.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Apr 2008 12:21

royalsteve Well yesterday was appalling.....the result was terrible, but i was more worried about the performance which surely was the worst home performance for at least 3 years.....Fulham may not survive but theyll battle to the end.....its between Reading, Bolton and Brum for the last spot.....with our crap away record i dont see us getting anything at Arsenal and Wigan, so we may have to rely on the last home game..,,and maybe something from the Derby game.

I was given a player of the season voting card before yesterdays match and struggled to think who should win.....by the end of the game, i knew....the Crossbar should win it.....but seriously i decided to mimic the players performance yesterday....I couldnt be bothered.

I still reckon the Royals will perform the miracle of staying up.

Yeah, so do I.

I wish there was a time-machine so we could play them again, knowing that we cannot underestimate them and that we have to play well to get a result.
Everything's so clear in retrospect.

185 posts