Farewell Bobby Convey?

Daniella

Farewell Bobby Convey?

by Daniella » 14 Apr 2008 16:35

Looks to be off in the summer id say. Big shame and wish him all the best. Still remember the excitement of when he signed, put us on the map in the USA and scored some great goals over his time, also a personality i'll remember fondly from his reading days. Can't see him staying in england so back to the US? Any thoughts royal chicago?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Farewell Bobby Convey?

by Chaney » 14 Apr 2008 16:38

There was talk at work this morning that he left the ground before the game when he discovered he wasn`t in the starting squad, hard to blame him really when the useless Hunt and Oster regulally get the nod over him

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 14 Apr 2008 16:41

I think you're probably right & I'll be sorry to see him go. Not seen him at his best for about 2 years now, so don't know if "it" will ever return.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 14 Apr 2008 16:43

Farewell Bobby
Farewell Prem
Farewell Plastics

It's gonna be a tearful end to the season. :cry:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Apr 2008 16:45

I wont be sorry to see him go.

Never rated him,thought he was o.k. in the Championship... not good enough for the Premiership and if he isnt in the team infront of Hunt or Oster then he certianly isn't good enough in Coppell's eyes.

Bye Bobby... flattered to deceive.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 14 Apr 2008 16:45

I wish him all the best.

But without sounding harsh, if we do survive, we need a squad with better players than him, to avoid us being in the same position in 12 months.

Good luck to the lad.

mx

by mx » 14 Apr 2008 16:49

Chaney There was talk at work this morning that he left the ground before the game when he discovered he wasn`t in the starting squad, hard to blame him really when the useless Hunt and Oster regulally get the nod over him

I heard the same thing after the game. Apparently he was p1ssed off partly because Hunt was carrying an injury, so Convey at least expected to be on the bench. No idea whether it was true or not. Could just be a scurrilous rumour.

If Hunt was injured it might explain why he had such a cr@p game.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2008 17:06

londinium I wont be sorry to see him go.

Never rated him,thought he was o.k. in the Championship... not good enough for the Premiership and if he isnt in the team infront of Hunt or Oster then he certianly isn't good enough in Coppell's eyes.

Bye Bobby... flattered to deceive.

how anyone could use the word "OK" to describe bobbys contribution to the Championship season
is beyond me

but each to their own
ill take some very fond memories of BC to my grave

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Apr 2008 17:06

He hasn't left yet.

No source for a rumour either.

Long live Bobby Convey!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Apr 2008 17:07

mx
Chaney There was talk at work this morning that he left the ground before the game when he discovered he wasn`t in the starting squad, hard to blame him really when the useless Hunt and Oster regulally get the nod over him

I heard the same thing after the game. Apparently he was p1ssed off partly because Hunt was carrying an injury, so Convey at least expected to be on the bench. No idea whether it was true or not. Could just be a scurrilous rumour.

Nah he's just not very good.

g

by g » 14 Apr 2008 17:14

a one season wonder.. great season.. philly getting a MLS side soon, won't be surprised to see him in it.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 14 Apr 2008 17:34

I thought he was awesome in our championship winning season , its just a shame he really hasnt had a chance to prove himself in the premiership. Hopefully he will be here next season and will show us that he is up to premiership football

Whistle

by Whistle » 14 Apr 2008 17:40

Don't think Bobby ever had a good game in the Prem.

Hunt looked unfit / unable to close people down on Sat so Bobby might have had a reason for a strop.

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 14 Apr 2008 18:06

I hope Bobby gets a game or two before the end of the season. Still rate the guy.
Always thought he would make it in the premiership. But Stephen Hunt had a good first season and Bobby hasnt had a look in.
If Bobby does move on then i wish him well. Lots of potential.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Apr 2008 18:09

Whistle Don't think Bobby ever had a good game in the Prem.

Hunt looked unfit / unable to close people down on Sat so Bobby might have had a reason for a strop.

Hunt has been carrying an injury for a few weeks now and his performances refelct that. Bobby has every right to be pissed off, as we do.

What the hell if Coppell doing?

Hunt carrying an injury but starts and again ineffective.
Doyle is out of form, out of sorts, out of legs by the look of him. But still he starts games.
Oster.... yes he's a target for the fans but he gives the ball away all to often, looks lost half the time. If Kebe isn't good enough for a start then why the f**k dod we buy him? Not another work in f**king progress???
LOLong starts ahead of Kitson. Again, a joke.

The plot LOST, all hope gone with it. The players arguing amongst themselves tips it off.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Apr 2008 18:24

Dont think Convey will go.....plenty of others ahead in the queue, ie Stack, Halls, Sodje, Bennett, Lita

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 14 Apr 2008 18:24

So when does Convey's contract expire? Come to that, which players are out of contract this summer?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Apr 2008 18:30

I thought he signed a new three year deal in summer 2006 meaning he is up for a renewal next summer and not this one.Most of the rest are under contracts but not sure about Ivar

yappy

by yappy » 14 Apr 2008 18:50

To be fair to the lad I think he hasn't really ever been fully fit since we've been up. He's undoubtedly shown hes got ability in the CCC and for the USA, and I think maybe next season he might be given a chance to see whether he's up to the Premiership standard.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 14 Apr 2008 18:51

mx

I think hunt injured himself picking up his wage packet. It would explain his form over the last 3 months.